Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I have been listening to the Reasonable Doubt podcast in recent months....it is Adam Carolla and Mark Geragos. On the recent episode which was released on 11/16/19 which was Saturday but recorded on Friday, Geragos who is Kaepernicks attorney referred to something unexpected taking place....even laughing saying if you are listening to this on Sunday, you will know what I am talking about. I can only assume he is talking about pulling out of workout which suggests their stunt was planned days before Saturday.

Yes, that was apparent at the time. They had everything set up and ready to go. I just don't understand why any competent advisor associated with Kaepernick would tell him that this was a good idea. My cynical side suspects that this was set up to be a scene from the future movie, The Colin Kaepernick Story. This is the scene where Our Hero triumphantly flips off the NFL and holds a workout where he reveals his passing superpowers for all to see. But of course the evil NFL still doesn't sign him. I realize that this is so cynical as to be comical, but it seems like the people in the Kaepernick camp are not thinking clearly.

I guess part of my reaction to this is colored by the fact that I've had any number of employment clients who got into these sorts of paranoid delusions. None of them were in the same ballpark as Kaepernick in terms of salary or fame, of course. But they had a mindset that seems similar to what I'm seeing from Kaepernick -- a weird mix of paranoia and self-importance. I've had to sit these people down for long talks. In a couple cases, I had to tell them to find another lawyer, because I could never give them the vindication that they wanted. Even if we won the case, it wouldn't be good enough for them.

I am skeptical of anything that Mark Geragos says about anything, but he is claiming that 2 teams are very interested in signing Kaepernick.....sounded like one was the Panthers.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I am skeptical of anything that Mark Geragos says about anything, but he is claiming that 2 teams are very interested in signing Kaepernick.....sounded like one was the Panthers.

I saw that. It would be interesting if someone gave him an offer. We’ll see whether it happens, what they pay him, and how it goes. Maybe the naysayers like me will be proven wrong.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

doesn't look like Kaep improved with those clips. He's still late on his passes. He never had trouble with the deep ball. so that's nothing new.

stephen A was right.. he doesn't want to play.. He wants attention.

He's an amazing athlete. but never adapted. defenses load the box on him..blitz him.. and he can't make the right reads.

receivers on both sides.. good lord.

I'm a niners fan.. I wanted so bad for him to do well.. such a let down.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

Per Adam Schefter:

Quote:
In the week since Colin Kaepernick worked out for seven NFL teams at Charles R. Drew High School in Riverdale, Georgia, no teams have reached out to work him out, visit with him or sign him, league sources told ESPN.

LINK

It also should be noted that Kap and Nike already had plans to release a signature shoe next month just in time for Christmas. I wonder if his choice of words to NFL teams to "Stop Running" will be part of the ad campaign.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
It also should be noted that Kap and Nike already had plans to release a signature shoe next month just in time for Christmas. I wonder if his choice of words to NFL teams to "Stop Running" will be part of the ad campaign.

I'm not sure that "Stop Running" is the slogan you want for an athletic shoe.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

It is, however, endorsed by the police union.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Per Adam Schefter:

Quote:
In the week since Colin Kaepernick worked out for seven NFL teams at Charles R. Drew High School in Riverdale, Georgia, no teams have reached out to work him out, visit with him or sign him, league sources told ESPN.

LINK

saw reports they are setting up another workout in South Florida during the owner or GM meetings.....seems pointless to me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Per Adam Schefter:

Quote:

LINK

saw reports they are setting up another workout in South Florida during the owner or GM meetings.....seems pointless to me.

Staying relevant, name recognition. He's getting commercials and who know what else because of his name.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Per Adam Schefter:

Quote:

LINK

Staying relevant, name recognition. He's getting commercials and who know what else because of his name.

think that shelf life is close to its expiration date...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Per Adam Schefter:

Quote:

LINK

think that shelf life is close to its expiration date...

Yeah, he better get his earning in gear. He only worth $20 million.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

I sometimes see these numbers kicked around for athletes. Who knows? If he has handled his money right, good for him.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

This is an excellent piece of reporting.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28139355/why-colin-kaepernick-nfl-were-never-going-work-out
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I sometimes see these numbers kicked around for athletes. Who knows? If he has handled his money right, good for him.

I don't know if this is a creditable site.

Colin Kaepernick Net Worth

LINK

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

^^^^

No, I don't think that sites like that are credible. They don't claim to have any actual information. They're just estimating based on reported salaries and endorsement deals, then speculating about other income. They cannot account for outflows, which range from taxes to family to women to just plain waste.

On a separate note, Kaepernick's silly workout actually may have resulted in a contract with an NFL team. The Redskins signed one of the workout receivers.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Kaepernick's silly workout actually may have resulted in a contract with an NFL team. The Redskins signed one of the workout receivers.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I saw Johnny Manziel was getting divorced or at least that was the headline of the article. It made me think isn't Manziel the best piece of evidence against claims that Kaepernick's lack of interest is race based? Manziel has tried to get another NFL opportunity for years, but owners do not think the talent warrants the drama that comes with him.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Eh, Kaepernick had success at one point in his NFL career. Manziel didn’t. I don’t think anyone in the NFL thinks that Manziel can actually play quarterback at the NFL level. At least a few people in the NFL think that Kaepernick can.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

I think it's going to be difficult for Colin to make an NFL roster after not playing professional football for 6 years. He's getting his chance. I wish him well but to be honest I'll be surprised and pleased if he made the roster. Good luck Colin.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick lands workout with Raiders

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Eh, Kaepernick had success at one point in his NFL career. Manziel didn’t. I don’t think anyone in the NFL thinks that Manziel can actually play quarterback at the NFL level. At least a few people in the NFL think that Kaepernick can.

Colin may have a shot at getting back into the league.

NFL insider provides update on Colin Kaepernick's rumored deal with Raiders after workout

LINK
Modified 29 May 2022

Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

You can’t tell me if kap goes on to wins super bowl, it’ isn’t the greatest sports story If not top 3.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Grifters gonna grift.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Grifters gonna grift.

I'm curious. What does that mean?

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Grifters gonna grift.

I don't think he really believes in his social justice schtick. Seemed like a nice ploy to distract from his failing NFL career and keep him in the limelight, while giving him an easy excuse as to why no one was signing him. Worked wonders, even got him a settlement as idiotic NFL execs couldn't help but trip over themselves in avoiding workouts with him. (If I was their legal advisor, I would have worked him out, and written copious notes on why he is no longer satisfactory NFL talent, not just outright ignored him.)

And so - a few years later, wanting relevancy - he tries out for NFL teams he knows he has no chance of making, so he can once again spin the narrative that racist obstacles have been set before him preventing his return. Gets him back in the media and allows him to ride the victim train for a few more years.

His whole thing is a grift - basically a scam/ploy to enrich him, not to help others.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Grifters gonna grift.

I don't think he really believes in his social justice schtick. Seemed like a nice ploy to distract from his failing NFL career and keep him in the limelight, while giving him an easy excuse as to why no one was signing him. Worked wonders, even got him a settlement as idiotic NFL execs couldn't help but trip over themselves in avoiding workouts with him. (If I was their legal advisor, I would have worked him out, and written copious notes on why he is no longer satisfactory NFL talent, not just outright ignored him.)

And so - a few years later, wanting relevancy - he tries out for NFL teams he knows he has no chance of making, so he can once again spin the narrative that racist obstacles have been set before him preventing his return. Gets him back in the media and allows him to ride the victim train for a few more years.

His whole thing is a grift - basically a scam/ploy to enrich him, not to help others.

Ridiculous take. Kaep was IN the NFL and had just turned down an extension when he decided to do his "social justice schtick," costing himself tens of millions of dollars.

I know a lot of you don't give a crap about unarmed black people being killed by law enforcement - but Kaep does, placing his career and fortune on the line.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Please, he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert. Failing was being nice.

And (bleep) off with the insinuation that IDGAF about black people - I don't give a (bleep) about Colin Kaepernick, but you can take the rest of that sentence and shove it up your ass.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26
Jump to: