LAKERS -at- GRIZZLIES – 11-23-19 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Refs have to answer for last night, that was ridiculous. Glad the Lakers were able to overcome the bizarre missed calls.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28151727/lebron-james-frustrated-failure-reach-foul-line-lakers-win
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

Thx for the write-up.
Was at my nephews bday party, so I could only catch the ESPN play by play here and there.
Seems like this was another near-loss we avoided.

We've had at least 2 or 3 of these games where we would have folded in years past. Not this team. Need to step up the level of play though or it's going to bite us.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Is frank still trying to regulate Dwight's ego or something? He's proven he's a good boy. Just dump the fricken rock down low and let's ride!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks Wolf and DB!
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
First

Is that your first "first"?

Great job DB. Last night's game was HARD to watch. The Lakers looked terrible, their defense was horrid and they really miss AB.

AB sets the defensive tone for this defense and it is definitely missing. Also having Caruso out hurts.

I like Kuzma but I like how Ingram's game is coming along and think he would have been useful on this team. Oh well. If Kuzma is not hitting his shots he is pretty useless. I think the Laker game has slipped lately and they will be in big trouble against better teams. I hope they can get their act together.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
First

Great job DB. Last night's game was HARD to watch. The Lakers looked terrible, their defense was horrid and they really miss AB.

AB sets the defensive tone for this defense and it is definitely missing. Also having Caruso out hurts.

I like Kuzma but I like how Ingram's game is coming along and think he would have been useful on this team. Oh well. If Kuzma is not hitting his shots he is pretty useless. I think the Laker game has slipped lately and they will be in big trouble against better teams. I hope they can get their act together.

Oops. Great job Wolf! I missed that. Great job too DB!
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB.

To your point about more LBJ/AD/DH, like I said in T&R the other day, specifically Dwight needs to be entering the game earlier. Before Kuz's return, DH was coming in midway through the first, and now Vogel has him starting at the top of the second quarter every game. It's allowing teams to get too much into a flow, too early in the game.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
RhodyRay wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
First

Oops. Great job Wolf! I missed that. Great job too DB!

Haha. Yeah I thought I’d add the “first” in there to help separate that Wolf did this one while I’m traveling. I got locked out of my Directv account last night but got that fixed, so hopefully I will be good to go.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

RYZ wrote:
Thanks, DB.

To your point about more LBJ/AD/DH, like I said in T&R the other day, specifically Dwight needs to be entering the game earlier. Before Kuz's return, DH was coming in midway through the first, and now Vogel has him starting at the top of the second quarter every game. It's allowing teams to get too much into a flow, too early in the game.

Yep. Agree, that’s what I’d like to see.

Part of me wonders if we are trying be conservative with his minutes. But I do want to see us lean a little more on our defensive bigs when our defensive smalls are out.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Thanks Wolf and DB.

2nd game of B2B blues. Mem blaring music outside the team hotel early in the AM added to the team's grogginess and lazy 1st half.

AD continues to amaze. Adding the 3-ball to his game is going to expand the floor for LBJ. His instincts to track LBJ's missed 3, navigate distance thru and around bodies and then be able to guide the ball in the basket all in one continuous motion was outstanding.

Kuz was sleepwalking. There were 2 plays in which he passed to someone and then immediately ran back on defense without seeing the shot or play complete. One was a missed shot; the second, a turnover as the ball was passed to the spot he should've been. Then the late game dead ball foul and the fumbled dribble. Sheesh! Get some sleep Kuz.

LBJ is always impactful, but his late game management in the OKC game and this game seemed to stall the team.

It's still a W.

There’s no way you put that turnover on Kuz. Rondo was wide open and needed to shoot that 3.

I'm saying he shouldn't have abandoned the play. No need to be in the backcourt before the shot even went up. Both times he anticipated the shot before they actually happened.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
First

Watching pelicans vs clippers; Ingrams offensive game looks pretty darn good. Has some nice moves at the top of the key to get to the free throw line area and hit a high % 2 for himself. His 3 shot a lot improved. His defensive impact interestingly is almost non existent- I thought that was the given in his game was a good defender. Haven’t checked advanced stats but he sorta invisible on defensive end
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Well done Wolf and DB!

I thought DB was continuing to experiment with his format/structure, until I took a closer look.

Nice job all the way around gents.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: