The Chickening
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: The Chickening

Folks going nuts over the re-release of Popeye's chicken sandwich. 🐔🐔🐔
I tried going to my local Popeye's back when they first came out and couldn't even get in the parking lot . The cars were parked three deep.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/05/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-dispute-fatal-stabbing/

I just read about the guy in Maryland getting murdered over it and then saw this video today

https://www.theroot.com/thechickening-claims-another-victim-as-woman-destroys-1839672556
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Chickening

numero-ocho wrote:
Folks going nuts over the re-release of Popeye's chicken sandwich. 🐔🐔🐔
I tried going to my local Popeye's back when they first came out and couldn't even get in the parking lot . The cars were parked three deep.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/05/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-dispute-fatal-stabbing/

I just read about the guy in Maryland getting murdered over it and then saw this video today

https://www.theroot.com/thechickening-claims-another-victim-as-woman-destroys-1839672556

The one near us had an hour wait in the drive thru...I’ll wait.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

It’s great.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

That’s what you get with entitlement. It’s our new culture now. Buy buy buy!! Sad, wait till Black Friday rolls around I know I’ll be far away from that
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

I had no idea the Popeye's employees were taking so much abuse. At least half of the fights on YouTube are between employees and angry customers after they run out of sandwiches.

Put some of that money your saving in advertising and hire some security.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Breaking911
@Breaking911

Popeyes Chicken Body Slam; Columbia, Tennessee Edition.

10:26 PM · Nov 8, 2019

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1193006856744116224
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:
Breaking911
@Breaking911

Quote:
Breaking911
@Breaking911

New video from inside a Popeyes restaurant in Columbia, Tenn. shows the moments before a woman is body slammed in the parking lot

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1193006994787065856
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

Tried the original and spicy. Both very good but Chick Fil A is still the best
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Quote:
Breaking911
@Breaking911

People must be crazy to be throwing around the N word at Popeye's.

Look what happened to this dude.

https://youtu.be/9ZF_2qvZVZ0?t=49
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

I tried the spicy. It was ok...I agree though. I prefer chick-fil-a’s spicy because of their sauce. Popeyes does make great spicy chicken though. I also love their Cajun rice.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
AD23 wrote:

I tried the spicy. It was ok...I agree though. I prefer chick-fil-a’s spicy because of their sauce. Popeyes does make great spicy chicken though. I also love their Cajun rice.

The sickest I've ever been in my entire life was later the same day I last ate chicken fingers from Popeye's (more like unwashed bathroom fingers). Nothing from there since then. Pretty sure I lost every drop of water in me. Puked more than I have in decades worth of time. Dunno if it was food poisoning, but I've never been that sick even w/ the flu. Now I have a reason to thank Popeye's. I won't get shanked or WWF'd in the parking lot now because I quite possibly got 02 Kobe'd in 2015.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

good but way overhyped. Not even worth being curious about.

Chick Fil-A's sandwiches are better and they don't charge for their sauces.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

havent tried it yet, will wait for the crowds to subside. As a bit of fast food snob Popeyes has been a guilty pleasure of mines but I hate that they peg themselves as a low class franchise that opens their restaurants in the seediest parts of town that are left unclean and poorly operated by unprofessional staff.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Had 1 today. So filling. It's the only thing I ate today. Quality chicken, tasted good. But it wasn't spicy despite being called a spicy chicken sandwich.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
havent tried it yet, will wait for the crowds to subside. As a bit of fast food snob Popeyes has been a guilty pleasure of mines but I hate that they peg themselves as a low class franchise that opens their restaurants in the seediest parts of town that are left unclean and poorly operated by unprofessional staff.

Yeah, what's going on there? It's uncanny...I went to a location in south OC today with the expectation that this time it would be better than the times I ate at one of the 323 locations. This was the worst one! I'm beginning to think that it's a corporate-required motif to have every tabletop greasy, filthy seats, trays and condiment empties on the floor, face tattoos and stretchmarks behind the counter.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Yeah, what's going on there? It's uncanny...I went to a location in south OC today with the expectation that this time it would be better than the times I ate at one of the 323 locations. This was the worst one! I'm beginning to think that it's a corporate-required motif to have every tabletop greasy, filthy seats, trays and condiment empties on the floor, face tattoos and stretchmarks behind the counter.

The one in Huntington Beach isn't "that" bad. The one in Westminster a few miles away requires a hazmat suit to enter.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

The one in Huntington Beach isn't "that" bad. The one in Westminster a few miles away requires a hazmat suit to enter.

It feels like the ones opened in recent years (around me) have been in a little better locations and the bathrooms are a little cleaner (speculating, I do not eat there). Maybe an effort to alter the image? I recall Kentucky Fried Chicken was really bad at one time in a similar manner (late 80's/early 90's), then rolled out the KFC branding and tried to improve their image.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

https://www.facebook.com/gigi.drummond/videos/10220341028863010/

all over a chicken sandwich
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Guess I don't have to wait until Black Friday for fresh content on youtube....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/gigi.drummond/videos/10220341028863010/

all over a chicken sandwich

Thanos was ahead of his time...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

was driving by a local Popeye's today around 11:30 AM and there was only 2 cars in drive thru. I thought they may be out of Chicken Sandwiches again, but signs were everywhere claiming it was back. So I decided to give it a try. It was just good timing because within 2 minutes of me getting in line, at least 10 cars had lined up behind me.

Anyway, the sandwich was very good (I tried the classic). I would say it was as good as Chick-fil-A's or Zaxby's but not sure it was better. Also, it is setting a little heavy on the stomach....kind of have that feeling I just ate a spoon full of Crisco. For that reason alone, I doubt I will be going back for another anytime soon.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

It feels like the ones opened in recent years (around me) have been in a little better locations and the bathrooms are a little cleaner (speculating, I do not eat there). Maybe an effort to alter the image? I recall Kentucky Fried Chicken was really bad at one time in a similar manner (late 80's/early 90's), then rolled out the KFC branding and tried to improve their image.

They wanted to mask the word Fried, I assumed.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

https://myfox8.com/2019/11/15/seven-workers-fired-after-brawl-at-milwaukee-popeyes-caught-on-video/
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

I only visit Popeye's in Vegas (the location off Blue Diamond), it's new and there's a drive thru.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I havent been in a KFC in forever... do they still have ones with the bullet proof glass?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: