Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Player of the game: KCP
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Rondo is really bad, and I think he's a lot more harmful to the team than KCP.

He really doesn't bring much to the table. The offense isn't good when he's running it. And, I think his defense is a big reason why the Lakers couldn't go on a run in the beginning of the 4th. 2 key plays on defense halted a potential run in the 4th. Rondo gave up an easy drive, making Kuzma close out hard and leave his man wide open for a 3. Rondo also fouled Hield on a 3, where he made all 3 free throws.

He's just coming back from an injury, but I think he's just continuing his play from last year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Player of the game: KCP

No doubt; even LeBron gave him the nod.

KCP went off in the 4th quarter!
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Rondo is really bad, and I think he's a lot more harmful to the team than KCP.

He really doesn't bring much to the table. The offense isn't good when he's running it. And, I think his defense is a big reason why the Lakers couldn't go on a run in the beginning of the 4th. 2 key plays on defense halted a potential run in the 4th. Rondo gave up an easy drive, making Kuzma close out hard and leave his man wide open for a 3. Rondo also fouled Hield on a 3, where he made all 3 free throws.

He's just coming back from an injury, but I think he's just continuing his play from last year.

this x1000..Rondo gives us nothing out there..Sure he can handle the ball but we are basically playing 4 vs 5 with him out there..He cant shoot made some stupid plays on the defensive end and we just looked awful with him on the floor...It's his second game back i hope it's only rust.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Ugly Ugly Win but I'll take it.

Need a QFTOS soon, kings fans hate us haha
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1195583513853980673

ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject:

If the 3pt shooting would improve to just being average these close games would be double digit wins.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject:

According to Reddit, Luke said the play was for Barnes to drive then kick to Hield in the corner for the 3. A screen was set on KCP so Hield had separation as well.

Luckily Barnes slipped because I think we just dodged a bullet there
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
According to Reddit, Luke said the play was for Barnes to drive then kick to Hield in the corner for the 3. A screen was set on KCP so Hield had separation as well.

Great to pull out a close one... But it looked to me liked Barnes was tripped AND fouled by AD (albeit great vertical lift.) As a former ref, I probably would have called one of those (but then again, what do I know about NBA calls?)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
Gotta give Luke some credit on that last play. It was a good one.

Good try by Luke, thought it was going to be Bogdanović no matter what. He got the game winner last time.

Barnes has been in the league too long too long to make such bad decisions. Thankfully the refs swallow their whistles at the end of games.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

I love that this team seems to not really lack focus. Sure there are spurts but not like last season would it would cost them a game. I know it’s early, but so far they have been overall impressive.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

What bothers me is LeBron ISO so much. We won't beat the boat boys that way.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The previous two games we had 70 assists overall and the ball was zipping around. This game our offense was off, Lebron did what he had to to make sure we came away with the win even though we weren't on.

I remember what Kevin Durant said about the GSW system.

"The motion offense we run in Golden State, it only works to a certain point. We can totally rely on our system for maybe the first two rounds. Then the next two rounds we're going to have to mix in individual play. We've got to throw teams off, because they're smarter in that round of playoffs.

"So now I have to dive into my bag, deep, to create stuff on my own, off the dribble, isos, pick-and-rolls, more so than let the offense create points for me."

Luke Walton knows our team, and we don't have much of an offense installed right now as it is. Our shooting was off and we tried some funky stuff with McGee in the post in the first quarter which didn't work and put us down. So Lebron and AD needed to make sure we didn't lose.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The previous two games we had 70 assists overall and the ball was zipping around. This game our offense was off, Lebron did what he had to to make sure we came away with the win even though we weren't on.

I remember what Kevin Durant said about the GSW system.

"The motion offense we run in Golden State, it only works to a certain point. We can totally rely on our system for maybe the first two rounds. Then the next two rounds we're going to have to mix in individual play. We've got to throw teams off, because they're smarter in that round of playoffs.

"So now I have to dive into my bag, deep, to create stuff on my own, off the dribble, isos, pick-and-rolls, more so than let the offense create points for me."

Luke Walton knows our team, and we don't have much of an offense installed right now as it is. Our shooting was off and we tried some funky stuff with McGee in the post in the first quarter which didn't work and put us down. So Lebron and AD needed to make sure we didn't lose.

Good points. As I said we won't beat the Clippers that way. We're gonna have to find a way to involve the whole team.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

It’s funny how Bagdononich always has a big game against us, but KCP... of all people, has decent games against the Kingd
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
It’s funny how Bagdononich always has a big game against us, but KCP... of all people, has decent games against the Kingd

It was almost like Dejounte Murray's spurt against us. Gotta tighten up on those guys.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
Shouldn’t have been a close game, King’s were really getting lucky with most of their 3s fckn ridiculous. Lakers need one for those games

Kings have been the 2nd hottest team in the league aside from us. After stinking it up the first few games, they caught a rhythm and were playing well even without Fox.

Good win for the Lakers, the Kings hadn't been playing like scrubs and were on a roll, so thats a good momentum win for us as they were on a streak as well.

That said, talent wise, we should blow them out, but credit where it's due, Luke's been coaching them well as of late.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

JM wrote:
drae wrote:

Great to pull out a close one... But it looked to me liked Barnes was tripped AND fouled by AD (albeit great vertical lift.) As a former ref, I probably would have called one of those (but then again, what do I know about NBA calls?)

There’s a photo floating around showing that AD wasn’t vertical, his arms were forward and oe hand had hold of Barnes’ arm. But it is the NBA, nothing is called with any consistency.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JM wrote:
drae wrote:

There’s a photo floating around showing that AD wasn’t vertical, his arms were forward and oe hand had hold of Barnes’ arm. But it is the NBA, nothing is called with any consistency.

The last 2 minute report said there was nothing wrong with AD's block. There was also nothing wrong with Barnes tripping over his own feet.

They did point out that the foul that put Lebron on the line should have been an offensive foul but HAHAHAHAHAHA who cares
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JM wrote:
drae wrote:

The last 2 minute report said there was nothing wrong with AD's block. There was also nothing wrong with Barnes tripping over his own feet.

They did point out that the foul that put Lebron on the line should have been an offensive foul but HAHAHAHAHAHA who cares

"IT happens"....... Forrest Gump circa 1971
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Follow up:

Kings snap Celtics' 10-game win streak with 100-99 Victory
https://www.nba.com/games/20191117/BOSSAC/#/recap
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Follow up:

Kings snap Celtics' 10-game win streak with 100-99 Victory
https://www.nba.com/games/20191117/BOSSAC/#/recap

Agent Luke Walton, he’s still a Laker at heart. Nice to see his team end that streak. They’ve been playing very well, even without Fox and Bagley. Well done, Luke.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33
Jump to: