The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1249, 1250, 1251 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has to score more. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

As great as he is it's really concerning how much we are relying on him this year, while turning 35. We can beat most teams with LeBron carrying the entire offensive load but it's clear to me that it won't work in a 7 game series against an LAC.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:

As great as he is it's really concerning how much we are relying on him this year, while turning 35. We can beat most teams with LeBron carrying the entire offensive load but it's clear to me that it won't work in a 7 game series against an LAC.

Yeah, and imagine if AD had to miss any significant time due to that shoulder.
Scary thought
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:

This is why you sign superstars, is it not? Teams expect max guys to carry in the playoffs, I'd rather not rely on monster games from Danny Green and Kuzma to win a series. Role players are called role players for a reason. Play your roles, let the big dogs lead you to a W.
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

This is why you sign superstars, is it not? Teams expect max guys to carry in the playoffs, I'd rather not rely on monster games from Danny Green and Kuzma to win a series. Role players are called role players for a reason. Play your roles, let the big dogs lead you to a W.

Clearly missing my point.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:

I wouldn't get too worked up over a 9 game sample. Lebron had a bad shooting night, but that's going to happen to everyone on occasion. The big issue is right now almost everyone on our team is shooting below their career average from the 3-point line. If this remains the case 20 or 30 games from now, then I'll get worried. But if the law of averages kicks in, it will make a big difference and relieve a lot of the pressure.
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

I wouldn't get too worked up over a 9 game sample. Right now, almost everyone on our team is shooting below their career average from the 3-point line. If this remains the case 20 or 30 games from now, then I'll get worried.

I'm not worried about that. I'm worrying about relying on minimum level guards to put us over the top. Everyone on this team relies too heavily on LeBron. That's the concern.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:

I'm not worried about that. I'm worrying about relying on minimum level guards to put us over the top. Everyone on this team relies too heavily on LeBron. That's the concern.

That's the nature of this team. You have Lebron and AD, who you need to bring it every night. Our next best guys -- the Howards, Bradleys, and Greens -- are stronger on defense than offense. So where your offense comes from after AD and Lebron will change from night to night.

The big question is whether Kuz can come around to be an instant offense guy off the bench, but he's a relatively inconsistent player too.

And then, hopefully, the shooting improves enough to take some of the pressure of Lebron.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:

That's the nature of this team. You have Lebron and AD, who you need to bring it every night. Our next best guys -- the Howards, Bradleys, and Greens -- are stronger on defense than offense. So where your offense comes from after AD and Lebron will change from night to night.

The big question is whether Kuz can come around to be an instant offense guy off the bench, but he's a relatively inconsistent player too.

And then, hopefully, the shooting improves enough to take some of the pressure of Lebron.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

Fans can still have concerns, whether it’s the nature of the team or not
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

I regret not getting Butler with that third max slot. Plays good defense and could have been the #3 on offense.

It's too bad Klay Thompson tore his ACL because he would have been exactly what this team needs.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

I regret not getting Butler with that third max slot. Plays good defense and could have been the #3 on offense.

It's too bad Klay Thompson tore his ACL because he would have been exactly what this team needs.

Klay was the dream..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

This is why I wanted DLo as a Plan B.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

“I marvel at LeBron James ... I marvel that, at this age, he’s still able to perform ... He pays attention, and he’s dedicated. That’s why he’s lasted so long ... why he’s still one of the great players that the game has ever seen.”

Jerry West.
https://theathletic.com/1367337/2019/11/11/jerry-west-opens-up-about-the-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-pairing-and-the-battle-for-l-a/?source=shared-article
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

I don't know if Klay was ever possible. He seems to like Golden State, and once they maxed him out, I don't know if he would have jumped.

Jimmy Butler is another question mark to me. I am not certain he would have come here to be the third man.

Anyway, this is all woulda coulda shoulda stuff that may not have ever been possible. I am content with reality.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakersLV wrote:

I don't know if Klay was ever possible. He seems to like Golden State, and once they maxed him out, I don't know if he would have jumped.

Jimmy Butler is another question mark to me. I am not certain he would have come here to be the third man.

Anyway, this is all woulda coulda shoulda stuff that may not have ever been possible. I am content with reality.

Well, as long as you’re content..Lol
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Unfortunately, his price tag made him a Plan D.

Interesting to note, if he'd signed with anyone other than the Warriors, there would be less money to go around the league for the entire free agent class (By at least $22M).

Wonder how that would've gone over with the Players' Association...

And, of course, some small market low-payroll owners would miss out on Golden State's luxury tax money.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Let’s assume we signed him. Who wouldn’t we have, that we currently do have? I’m happy to assume we’d have signed anyone for whom we could gone over the cap for.

Just Danny Green?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Let’s assume we signed him. Who wouldn’t we have, that we currently do have? I’m happy to assume we’d have signed anyone for whom we could gone over the cap for.

Just Danny Green?

Pretty much.

Bradley was a room exception.

Boogie was initially reported as a min. exception signing.

JAV, I think he would have returned for a non-bird increase on his minimum.

Dwight ended up being a minimum deal.

Cook made slightly more than the minimum.

AND NO KCP.

But a trio of LBJ/AD/DLO would have been more diversified offensively. Outside of AD/LBJ our offense can be a struggle.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Unfortunately, his price tag made him a Plan D.

Interesting to note, if he'd signed with anyone other than the Warriors, there would be less money to go around the league for the entire free agent class (By at least $22M).

Wonder how that would've gone over with the Players' Association...

Because there is a revenue sharing model, the players as a whole would have gotten the exact same amount. It just would have been divided up among the 450 or so players in a slightly different way.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just Danny Green?

Pretty much.

AND NO KCP.

But a trio of LBJ/AD/DLO would have been more diversified offensively. Outside of AD/LBJ our offense can be a struggle.

As long as we were able to sign Bradley, which yeah, we would have had the room, I think we'd have been better off.

And like MDA does with Harden/WB/Gordon (making sure at least 2 of those three are always on the court together), we'd do something similar with AD/LBJ/DLO

I like it, but similar to you, I always liked it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just Danny Green?

Pretty much.

AND NO KCP.

As long as we were able to sign Bradley, which yeah, we would have had the room, I think we'd have been better off.

And like MDA does with Harden/WB/Gordon (making sure at least 2 of those three are always on the court together), we'd do something similar with AD/LBJ/DLO

I like it, but similar to you, I always liked it.

And I'm very happy we got Green. But for the short AND long term, I thought DLO would be amazing. Jimmy would have been an amazing consolation prize but seems he wanted to have his own team.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

I'd hate to say this, but if you are in win now mode, as we clearly are given Lebron age, Green is better than DeAngelo (and I'm a DLo fan)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
I'd hate to say this, but if you are in win now mode, as we clearly are given Lebron age, Green is better than DeAngelo (and I'm a DLo fan)

But why? Green is a very nice defender but his offense leaves a lot to be desired.

DLO is a scorer, shooter, and PnR operator. Both players have flaws but Green has no upside right now. To keep AD, need more than a "we will give you a 2 year championship window" argument.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

But why? Green is a very nice defender but his offense leaves a lot to be desired.

DLO is a scorer, shooter, and PnR operator. Both players have flaws but Green has no upside right now. To keep AD, need more than a "we will give you a 2 year championship window" argument.

Green is "plug and play" guy on both offense and defense, also meaning that the coaching staff don't need to spend time to understand how make him fit with Lebron and AD.
For instance, you put green in a corner and he'll deliver.

On the opposite, DeAngelo would require offensive schemes enanching his stenghts and defensive schemes hiding his weaknessess.

Also LBJ is too ball dominant to share the stage with other 2 stars, unless one of these two accept to be a luxury role player (see Bosh at MIA and Love in CLE).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

cencio_999 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cencio_999 wrote:

Green is "plug and play" guy on both offense and defense, also meaning that the coaching staff don't need to spend time to understand how make him fit with Lebron and AD.
For instance, you put green in a corner and he'll deliver.

On the opposite, DeAngelo would require offensive schemes enanching his stenghts and defensive schemes hiding his weaknessess.

Also LBJ is too ball dominant to share the stage with other 2 stars, unless one of these two accept to be a luxury role player (see Bosh at MIA and Love in CLE).

I love defense, but we are severely lacking a secondary ball handler and scoring from the guard position. Plus, what future core are we enticing LBJ with? A then 36 year old LBJ (and then Green who is a FA)?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1249, 1250, 1251 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1250 of 2079
Jump to: