OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1848, 1849, 1850 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Siakam shooting 5/10 from the three pointer is what separates him from BI.
and I don't miss Josh Hart either . His shooting is mostly cold.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

No it isn't.. Ingram is actually shooting in the high 40s from 3 this season.

He's older than Ingram, I would say that's what separates them.. With a bit more burst athletically.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Just watching the score, looks like the Pels' bench is catching the Raps' bench?
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Just watching the score, looks like the Pels' bench is catching the Raps' bench?

Nvm
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

-25 tonight
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
-25 tonight

Meaningless stat when the team didn't play well collectively.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

He's older than Ingram, I would say that's what separates them.. With a bit more burst athletically.

What separates them is Siakim plays for a better team with a better coach. I won’t be surprised if BI signs with the hawks next season, I think he’ll fit better with Trae Young and John Collins
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

What separates them is Siakim plays for a better team with a better coach. I won’t be surprised if BI signs with the hawks next season, I think he’ll fit better with Trae Young and John Collins

Good point on the coaching..

I don't think NO will let him walk away though. Especially if he sustains his current play. Even though I don't like either of these teams I think he'd be a good fit in GS and San Antonio..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

This is why I said that I’m not sure BI and Pels are a long term fit. Not extending him is obviously a bad start for them and starting off 1-7 is yikes.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Ingram is averaging 26.0 PPG on 52.7% field goal percentage and 44.4% from three, to go along with 7.1 rebounds and 3.9 assists. The Pelicans are 1-7. What am I missing here?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Ingram is averaging 26.0 PPG on 52.7% field goal percentage and 44.4% from three, to go along with 7.1 rebounds and 3.9 assists. The Pelicans are 1-7. What am I missing here?

Their defense. They either need to stop giving up 124ppg or someone else besides Ingram is going to need to score more points. For the first of last night's game, it was like BI and Jrue were playing with three mannequins.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Their defense. They either need to stop giving up 124ppg or someone else besides Ingram is going to need to score more points. For the first of last night's game, it was like BI and Jrue were playing with three mannequins.

But is Ingram the real deal? How is his defense? I wish we had given up Kuzma instead...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

But is Ingram the real deal? How is his defense? I wish we had given up Kuzma instead...

His defense hasn’t been terrible. It’s the team as a whole though. No one helps the helper and some guys just seem to get burnt by their man. BI has taken the challenge several times to shut down a guy who was going off. Hasn’t always worked, but he got into Porzingod and Kyrie though. He still needs development there.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

I don't find Ingram's game impressive.
His team is not better with him on the floor currently.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

The main former Laker lotto picks are doing ok to good statistically but their teams

(Randle, max player for Knicks)
(DLO max player for GST)
(Ball, Ingram for NOR)

Those teams are a combined 5-21.

I know winning is not always on your best players, but when I watch Kuzma play and I see how easy it was for him to put up numbers for Luke and on a bad team and now on a contender how he is struggling to be a consistent rotation guy, it leads me to believe that many of the guys who are averaging great numbers on bad teams would not be so on the Lakers.

Ingram is a 3rd option on the Lakers, and Randle is a 6th man, while DLO is a 3rd option and Ball is a role player. Looking at all those things, are those players going to be worth the contracts they are getting/got for the Lakers (contending version of the Lakers)? Or do you rather have cheaper role players that fill in those same roles.

If I could get these guys on role player contracts like Danny Green (15M or less), Bradley, Rondo, McGee. Man, I'd take them. However because I'm sure they are all gonna be maxed out (or already are maxed out), I do not think any of them fit as Lakers. Let alone to talk about how many bad habits defensively and offensively I see from all of them, including DLO (who is easily the best player of the lottery picks we had).

Even if we do not win a ring, and just contend in the Lebron/AD era, it would be worth it in my book. None of these guys are franchise players like Luka Doncic or anyone like that. These guys are all 3rd options on a contender. On the Lakers we could not have realistically gotten two mega stars like Lebron and AD without sacrificing youth, because youth needs time to learn how to win and develop good role player habits. I'm completely fine with what's going on, even if DLO, Ingram, Randle and even Ball make a few all-star teams and average great numbers. I bet you anything, Rob and the Lakers knew that they would make some serious noise and be very good statistically on their new teams. These were not busts, these were talented lottery picks who had all-star potential.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

I think he is scoring like a star, and that should be commended. However I would take the following young players over him in terms of value

A defensive rim protection guy that can stretch the floor and give you some paint points as well (Embiid, Porzingis)

A wing/forward that can defend and also be a #2 in your offense (Tatum)

A versatile forward who can QB your offense (Simmons).

So in value, to me I'd still easily take Embiid, Tatum, Simmons and Porzingis over him in that order. And those 4 have flaws and some health issues (in case of KP and Embiid) as well. I just think their value is way, way more for wins and losses. You can easily combine those guys with another star and win games. Give any of them Lebron James, and you're going to be a quality team, and make the playoffs IMO.

Ingram played with Lebron ... and they both got worse playing off each other. Now you see in Pelicans land, he isn't making teammates better there either. I think even if still in LA, he would not help Lebron make the playoffs.

Durant is an interesting max ceiling comparison for him, but I think Ingram is not the same level scorer or able to control the pace of a game and the way it is played, the way Durant is. KD in his prime was a MVP. But that is the thing - for Ingram to be worth the investment, He has to literally turn into KD level guy. Otherwise it's tough. Because he can't do what Tatum, Embiid, Porzingis, Simmons etc, are capable of doing, in being able to blend their games with another star. That's the thing about Ingram that sold me on trading him - I didn't see a guy that could blend him game with Lebron or another star any time soon.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

For anyone wishing we included kuz instead of BI, I don't think we had the option.

Brandon's gonna get paid next year, so he would have been akin to a 1 year rental anyway. He needs to keep working on his 3 ball. I think zion and he are gonna be a good young tandem.

Man, seems like lonzo isn't a bust but he's not going to live up to expectations. Maybe we can bring him back as a role player? I don't think he'll ever be "the guy".
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How long before Gentry gets canned?

It should have been June 2019
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Holiday has been hurt, Sion hasn’t played a minute. Gentry sucks.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
For anyone wishing we included kuz instead of BI, I don't think we had the option.

Brandon's gonna get paid next year, so he would have been akin to a 1 year rental anyway. He needs to keep working on his 3 ball. I think zion and he are gonna be a good young tandem.

Man, seems like lonzo isn't a bust but he's not going to live up to expectations. Maybe we can bring him back as a role player? I don't think he'll ever be "the guy".

Agree, there is no way that this cheap ass version of the Lakers would pay to keep a young talent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Agree, there is no way that this cheap ass version of the Lakers would pay to keep a young talent.

Incorrect. They were trying to have a max slot for Kawhi and AD.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

The whole Kawhi thing was a good laugh, the FO was probably the only ones thinking we had a chance. But by keeping cap space and getting rid of young players, you never have to pay luxury tax.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah he is the real deal, as terrible as his team has been, he is posting career highs in nearly every advanced metrics. Even Cranjis posted a thread on how awesome he’s been but in typical Cranjis fashion he also added the caveat that BI might not be able to keep it up. There are a few of us here who predicted we’d see this jump at age 22, so I definitely think he can and will keep it up.

He’s a positive player now posting career highs in the following metrics

BPM...........3.4....vs last season’s...-2.8
PER............25.5...vs last season’s...13.4
TS%...........62%...vs last season’s...55%
Pts per 36...29.6...vs last season’s...19.4
VORP..........0.3.....vs last season’s...-0.3

Amongst a few others. He is also shooting a career high 44% from 3 on nearly 6 attempts. He’s also just scratching the surface due to him still being so young. He’s bound to make another huge leap and he matures and gets closer to his prime, while not dealing with blood clot issues and can have a couple of summers to work on his body and get stronger, then it will be officially over for the rest of the NBA

Last edited by BigBoi on Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

F*** Kawhi, hold onto your own stud (a very young one at that) and go over the cap to max him out. If it doesn’t pan out you can always trade the max contract. Enough of these excuses, our front office just didn’t think highly of BI which says a lot about our scouting department than anything else. Cos ordinary fans could see BI being this good, we were yelling at the top of our lungs that BI should be the one that we should keep but y’all didn’t listen if anything we got ridiculed for having a non popular opinion
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
defense wrote:

I think he is scoring like a star, and that should be commended. However I would take the following young players over him in terms of value

A defensive rim protection guy that can stretch the floor and give you some paint points as well (Embiid, Porzingis)

A wing/forward that can defend and also be a #2 in your offense (Tatum)

A versatile forward who can QB your offense (Simmons).

So in value, to me I'd still easily take Embiid, Tatum, Simmons and Porzingis over him in that order. And those 4 have flaws and some health issues (in case of KP and Embiid) as well. I just think their value is way, way more for wins and losses. You can easily combine those guys with another star and win games. Give any of them Lebron James, and you're going to be a quality team, and make the playoffs IMO.

Ingram played with Lebron ... and they both got worse playing off each other. Now you see in Pelicans land, he isn't making teammates better there either. I think even if still in LA, he would not help Lebron make the playoffs.

Durant is an interesting max ceiling comparison for him, but I think Ingram is not the same level scorer or able to control the pace of a game and the way it is played, the way Durant is. KD in his prime was a MVP. But that is the thing - for Ingram to be worth the investment, He has to literally turn into KD level guy. Otherwise it's tough. Because he can't do what Tatum, Embiid, Porzingis, Simmons etc, are capable of doing, in being able to blend their games with another star. That's the thing about Ingram that sold me on trading him - I didn't see a guy that could blend him game with Lebron or another star any time soon.

Bro. Tatum is not better. BI is playing with a bad group of players. Tatum is playing with a much better coach and a better group of guys. Twitch them up and Tatum is scoring probably about 22-24 on low percentages. You think Bi has bad shot selection look at Tatum. And his assist/To is downright PATHETIC. He literally does little else besides score for his team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1848, 1849, 1850 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1849 of 1885
Jump to: