2020 C8 Chevrolet Corvette (Dealer markup)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:
After I made my deposit I gotta call from the am OC Chevy dealership to configure the vette I went down there and they said since I am a first time buyer to the dealer I need to pay 5k just to purchase the vette? I was like no I am not paying a dime more than MSRP. I told him that the vette is mass produced and a dealership will offer the car at msrp. He told me to go work with them. After doing research. I found out that a lot of people are having this same problem.

Is this a legit complaint. Can I do something about this? BBB. Social media? Blast the dealership?

Then you won't be getting a Corvette. He is not obligated to sell it to you at MSRP when there is a long line of buyers willing to pay much more, especially at over markup.

That’s fine whoever has the money to pay 50k over sticker than have at it. This is a mass produced car. I can wait till dealerships come to there senses

You will probably have to wait for a couple of years then when the demand is much less...I don't even think the car is out yet, so right now everyone buying now is probably paying way over list price to get in on one of the early production models.

I thought so. Most likely I will end up getting another sedan or cross over on year end deal that too good to pass up.

If you are looking at performance, the fastest cars in the world are now Tesla’s.

Maybe, if we're talking about 0-60 in a straight line, this claim stands. However, once you go to higher speeds on a curvy road or track, these teslas get smoked by sports cars; there is no comparison with the handling. So yea, gunning it on local roads to the grocery store, the tesla will win most of the time against any car.

True. It’s pretty amazing though that you can take a 4 door sedan and blow the doors off super cars at the track, or on the way to the grocery store. The Tesla Roadster that’s coming soon may be able to compete on curvy roads if that your thing. I wouldn’t bet against them.

Incidentally, the Model 3 performance version has already been tuned and can beat a 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia on a curvy track. Motor Trend article is here: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-3/2019/tesla-model-3-performance-track-mode-release-version-review/

That Ferrari is nearly 10 years old and being compared to a brand new car. How does it do against a brand new Ferrari or Lamborghini?

Edit: Here are 1/4 mile times: Wikipedia Source. The Tesla does very respectably, but it's not the fastest.

With that said, at this price point, the Tesla is a great option over the super cars. For me, I will probably go all-electric once self-driving cars are mainstream. The value proposition for 90% of driving scenarios is too good to pass up.

Last edited by BadGuy on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

i love electric cars. but the problem is the charging and the availability.

It takes me 5 minutes to fill my tank from E to F.

I have absolutely 0 patience to wait 15-20 minutes to supercharge a vehicle from empty to full and having to pay for it.

also the availability of chargers. there is not enough of them. Ill do 1 more gas car before i go electric
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Dealer markups are the WORST sorry 999. No matter how long you have to wait don’t pay that crap.

The best way to avoid dealer markup is to know someone at the dealer or go through Costco. Sounds like GM has a special ordering process for the C8. Are you on any corvette forums? They usually have good answered to these questions.

I’m getting the new bronco and already found a dealer will to drop ship one to a local Ford dealer for invoice price once the vehicle debuts and the order banks open up. Not sure how GM does their ordering/allocations but to avoid the markup on a hot product like the C8 it’s all about who ya know
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:

I have absolutely 0 patience to wait 15-20 minutes to supercharge a vehicle from empty to full and having to pay for it.

also the availability of chargers. there is not enough of them. Ill do 1 more gas car before i go electric

Unless you regularly drive over 200 miles in a single day, you are still spending less time at superchargers than you are at gas stations, which would be zero time at superchargers...but To each his own. I’ve never had to use a charger outside of the one in my house. I actually drove to a super charging location just to see what it looked like, and then drove home to charge. For me it’s ridiculously convenient. I commute a hundred miles per day and was filling up at a gas station at least once per week. At this point I have zero patience to go to a gas station ever again.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
999 wrote:

Unless you regularly drive over 200 miles in a single day, you are still spending less time at superchargers than you are at gas stations, which would be zero time at superchargers...but To each his own. I’ve never had to use a charger outside of the one in my house. I actually drove to a super charging location just to see what it looked like, and then drove home to charge. For me it’s ridiculously convenient. I commute a hundred miles per day and was filling up at a gas station at least once per week. At this point I have zero patience to go to a gas station ever again.

It’s my driving habits and my weekend driving which is really bad. I’m constantly on the go and I usually drive hard. My car gets 380 miles to a 18 gallon tank and I’m filling up almost twice a week. The weekend are bad because I’m sometimes I don’t come home on the weekends. Either I stay with friends or at parents or I’m at work.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

Home charger. Cars spend 90+ percent of their time parked and idle. Charging takes zero real time at all if you have a place to charge at home and/or at work. I’ve only ever used Super chargers when I’ve been on road trips and during my monthly treks up to and back down from SF from LA. Every other morning I wake up with a “full tank” (I’ve set my daily charge limit to 80% when I’m at home) so worrying about finding a public charger or taking time out of my day to charge is non-existent for me. I still use public chargers if they’re free, because why not, but otherwise charging to a non-consideration to me. I get home, park in my garage, and plug in as I’m walking into my house and my car charges while I’m asleep.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
999 wrote:

How long does it take to home charge? Do you need a special electrical outlet?
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

It depends on how much of a charge you have left, and what kind of charger you have at home, although it honestly doesn’t even matter because I have my car set to charge starting at midnight when the rates are 1/3 the normal electric rates. It usually takes somewhere between 2-4 hours to top up while I’m sleeping depending on how much juice I need.

It basically uses the same outlet as an electric clothes dryer. I had an electrician add an outlet to my garage and I bought a charger that plugs into that outlet...works great.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: