Mattresses
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

I've had the same mattress since 2007 and I take no comfort in buying a new one.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

I don't know why I called Big Fig Mattress Real Fig.

Anyways here is the link.

https://www.bigfigmattress.com/
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

I bought my daughter a Casper mattress a couple years ago. I love it. She's got the most comfortable bed in the house. Sorry. I don't remember which model it is.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
I have chronic insomnia, so I opted for the purple. It worked great for the first few weeks, but then my body got used to it and the bouts of insomnia returns.

Have you tried a weighted blanket? I purchased one a few months back. I absolutely love it.

I haven't tried that yet. Does it keep you too warm? Part of the problem might be getting comfortable; I prefer temperatures in the low 60s when I sleep. However, my wife and son want temps in the high 60s, low 70s. Maybe I'll become a hermit, move out and find a nice, cold cave to sleep.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
I have chronic insomnia, so I opted for the purple. It worked great for the first few weeks, but then my body got used to it and the bouts of insomnia returns.

Have you tried a weighted blanket? I purchased one a few months back. I absolutely love it.

I haven't tried that yet. Does it keep you too warm? Part of the problem might be getting comfortable; I prefer temperatures in the low 60s when I sleep. However, my wife and son want temps in the high 60s, low 70s. Maybe I'll become a hermit, move out and find a nice, cold cave to sleep.

Unfortunately they're a bit on the warmer side. I also suffer from horrible insomnia pretty much my entire life. For me it helps but my sleep is still pretty bad.

I ordered mine through Amazon. You can always return it if it's too warm for your liking.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Nobody found it weird that like within a couple months there was 30+ new mattress companies rolling out national marketing campaigns centered around this concept of shipping a mattress to you in a box the size of a golf bag? It just felt like they all launched around the same time.

The technology was a game changer. Previously, the logistics of getting mattresses from here to there limited entry.

That makes sense...but I am thinking it still took months/years to get a business plan, money, manufacturing, etc. up and running....so they had to all be doing this trying to get to market. Honestly, it is not just mattresses I see this same thing happen with mens underwear in recent years. For decades if you wanted your standard Hanes/FoTL you went to a big box retailer and if you preferred CK or RL then you swung by an anchor store at the mall. Then over the past year, I have seen countless adds for mail order mens underwear like Tommy John's, MeUndies, etc. Feel like the same pattern is starting with socks.

Ecommerce. Before, you had to sell your product through established distribution channels that had barriers to entry. But now, you put up a website and test out your product before investing the type of capital needed for a major retailer to take on your product. A lot of these companies start out by just making a few and setting up a website and if the sales come in, then you go and get money to expand. Very hard to do that before in an established market like mattresses or razor blades where you needed capital and connections. And once one company starts gaining momentum, the online sector allows for others to copycat you very quickly. Seemed like all of those online subscription services sprouted at the same time right? Well it probably started with Birchbox

If you are interested in this stuff, I highly recommend a podcast called How I Built This from NPR. They talk to successful business founders of companies like Lyft, Reddit, Warby Parker, Instagram, AirBnB, etc about their “day 1” and how the business came to be. Fascinating stuff. The Dollar Shave Club one was interesting. A friend ask him to sell 250,000 generic razors they couldn’t move so he set ip DSC to move them and it just took off and became a business. No months/years of planning and investing, just the good old internet and most of these companies started this way you’ll see if you listen to it =)

It was the combination of ecomerce and the tech to compress and ship mattresses. Neither of which was patentable.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I've been using this company for like 30 years: Custom Comfort

How many mattress purchases does that duration equate to?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

One. Larry doesn’t consider anything under 100k hours as statistically relevant. Dubholic sat on one for a minute at the mall and went through puberty. Different strokes
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
focus wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

One. Larry doesn’t consider anything under 100k hours as statistically relevant. Dubholic sat on one for a minute at the mall and went through puberty. Different strokes

Relevant sure, but not statistically significant.

Master bedroom mattress was bought in about 2000, and still going strong. Guest bedroom mattress is about 30 YO, and is still a great mattress. Daughter has had two of different sizes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
focus wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

Relevant sure, but not statistically significant.

Master bedroom mattress was bought in about 2000, and still going strong. Guest bedroom mattress is about 30 YO, and is still a great mattress. Daughter has had two of different sizes.

I’m gonna leave the last line alone. As a favor from a fellow dad. But yeah...
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

Just pulled the trigger on a Cocoon Chill by Sealy. They hooked me with 2 free pillows and a set of sheets. Reviews are all good. I'll let y'all know what I think.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:20 am    Post subject:

I finally found the king of mattresses - ymmv:

beautyrest black enhanced c-class innerspring mattress (firm)

with ergonomic cooling memory foam pillow + sidesleeper bodypillow

my optimal posture is partial stomach, right side, right arm under pillow

I can pull off 9 hours of uninterrupted daylight sleep on this thing. I am extremely happy with it.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: