OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3734, 3735, 3736 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Any interest in moving Kuz (+filler) for Myles Turner?

In a heartbeat if they would

Yeah there is no way Pacers would take that.

In all honesty I’m more interested in sending Kuz to Boston for Brown straight up.

Too easy, huh?

How about Kuz for Buddy Hield?

How bout keeping Kuz becuz he is better than Brown and Hield. Plus he is bigger, cheaper and we have way too many SFs/guards on this team.

Kuz will be better than Turner as well.

Is he, tho?

I think he is absolutely better than Brown and Hield. IMO Brown is super overrated because he is on the Celtics and the media always over-hypes those guys, plus the weak conference.

Hield, IMO is a one dimensional scorer who is not a very good defender or passer. Those things can be said about Kuz, but I feel that Kuz is way better off the ball than Hield and his size is important to me because we have waaaaay too many guards on this team and we have a thin front court (DH's back, Javale's minutes limit, AD's history of missing games). Plus Kuz is still improving IMO and he played a much more well rounded game last season. It will only improve this year. And yes the additional year of a low salary is important too.

I realize the short-term roster issue, but long-term is Kuzma ever a starter with the Lakers?

I'm not interested in Jaylen Brown and I think it would be hilarious to see Ainge forced to pay him $25M per season to be a middle class Robert Covington, but no evidence you presented points to Kuzma being better than him.

Similarly, you assert that Kuzma was better off ball than Hield, but Hield was far more efficient than Kuz coming off screens, spotting up, off of handoffs, and even off of cuts, which was Kuz's bread and butter last season. Heck, Hield was more efficient than Kuz in transition last season for the simple fact that threes are better than twos and Hield took 600+ 3s and hit nearly 43% of them.

But regardless of who the player coming back in a trade may be, if he's as good as you think he will be, then the Lakers face a future Kuzma dilemma as long as AD is the team's starting PF.

Often the worst type of players to have on your books are the players that aren't max, and that aren't min. Max players are often worth more than the cap and min players sometimes just hop on for various reasons even if they're worth more.

The worst type of players to fill your cap space up with are a bunch of 20-30 mil players, or fake max players, which is where your Hield's fit in. I would rather just seem him go elsewhere TBH.

If we need 3 point shooting we can get that cheaper.

Is there much difference between Hield and Beal? I can see Hield as a 24 ppg scorer if given more focus of the offense. Would Beal (fake max?) be a good fit at his his contract on the Lakers? He seemed to be a wanted man by many posters here.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

In all honesty I’m more interested in sending Kuz to Boston for Brown straight up.

Too easy, huh?

How bout keeping Kuz becuz he is better than Brown and Hield. Plus he is bigger, cheaper and we have way too many SFs/guards on this team.

Is he, tho?

I think he is absolutely better than Brown and Hield. IMO Brown is super overrated because he is on the Celtics and the media always over-hypes those guys, plus the weak conference.

Hield, IMO is a one dimensional scorer who is not a very good defender or passer. Those things can be said about Kuz, but I feel that Kuz is way better off the ball than Hield and his size is important to me because we have waaaaay too many guards on this team and we have a thin front court (DH's back, Javale's minutes limit, AD's history of missing games). Plus Kuz is still improving IMO and he played a much more well rounded game last season. It will only improve this year. And yes the additional year of a low salary is important too.

I realize the short-term roster issue, but long-term is Kuzma ever a starter with the Lakers?

I'm not interested in Jaylen Brown and I think it would be hilarious to see Ainge forced to pay him $25M per season to be a middle class Robert Covington, but no evidence you presented points to Kuzma being better than him.

Similarly, you assert that Kuzma was better off ball than Hield, but Hield was far more efficient than Kuz coming off screens, spotting up, off of handoffs, and even off of cuts, which was Kuz's bread and butter last season. Heck, Hield was more efficient than Kuz in transition last season for the simple fact that threes are better than twos and Hield took 600+ 3s and hit nearly 43% of them.

But regardless of who the player coming back in a trade may be, if he's as good as you think he will be, then the Lakers face a future Kuzma dilemma as long as AD is the team's starting PF.

Often the worst type of players to have on your books are the players that aren't max, and that aren't min. Max players are often worth more than the cap and min players sometimes just hop on for various reasons even if they're worth more.

The worst type of players to fill your cap space up with are a bunch of 20-30 mil players, or fake max players, which is where your Hield's fit in. I would rather just seem him go elsewhere TBH.

You're right broadly, but Hield had a Klay Thompson season offensively. He's not Troy Daniels.

And again - what will Kuz's asking price be?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
drae wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Too easy, huh?

Is he, tho?

Is there much difference between Hield and Beal? I can see Hield as a 24 ppg scorer if given more focus of the offense. Would Beal (fake max?) be a good fit at his his contract on the Lakers? He seemed to be a wanted man by many posters here.

Beal's driving and passing give him a leg up over Hield. But Klay...?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Pacers have held trade discussions involving Sabonis

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1185320853363294208

Raptors are the best fit

I read awhile back that the 2 don't play well on the court together and that Sabonis would most likely be the one to be traded between them.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

The problem with Beal is he's behind a ball hog named Wall When Wall's injured you saw a more expanded game from him and I think he deserves the max.

I think everyone knows the real problem for the Wizard's is Wall's monstrosity of a contract
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Klay - defense.

Can Brown develop into Jimmy Butler 2.0? That's a pretty valuable player. Still young with untapped potential. I feel with the right team his game would blossom. With the C's he seems held back by having other talents on the court Irving, Hayward, Smart and Tatum.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

Klay - defense.

Can Brown develop into Jimmy Butler 2.0? That's a pretty valuable player. Still young with untapped potential. I feel with the right team his game would blossom. With the C's he seems held back by having other talents on the court Irving, Hayward, Smart and Tatum.

But I don't see Klay as a difference maker defensively and he has slipped on that end the past two seasons.

Brown is nothing like Butler, imo, because Brown has no initiator upside. Zero. I think he's feeding off of superior talents (like a good role-player should) and would be exposed in a role where he had the responsibility Jimmy Butler has. But there's nothing wrong with Brown trying to become a good 3&D guy who can attack in transition.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Raptors are the best fit

Someone said the Pacers would choose Sabonis over Turner.
I guess that's not the case.

Mea culpa, though I was riffing off of Zach Lowe's recent bold predictions article. It makes sense if Sabonis is asking for a max or near max deal behind the scenes.

Oh it wasn't you.
It was on twitter. And come to think of it. I do believe it was Zach.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

The Pelicans have SOO MANY GUARDS!
Jrue, Lonzo, Reddick, Moore, Hart, NAW.
They're guard hoarders!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
They're guard hoarders!

And Frank Jackson who could be useful in a Quinn Cook-ish role.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Raptors are the best fit

I read awhile back that the 2 don't play well on the court together and that Sabonis would most likely be the one to be traded between them.

Im surprised to hear this TBH...Sabonis is one of the best young bigs in the NBA IMO and fits into modern NBA, with high IQ, ability to hit 15-17 ft jumper and most importantly plays hard.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
They're guard hoarders!

Likely only Holiday, Lonzo. Reddick and NAW get much PT. And minimal PT for Reddick. By January they could have one of the best benches in the league.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
They're guard hoarders!

Likely only Holiday, Lonzo. Reddick and NAW get much PT. And minimal PT for Reddick. By January they could have one of the best benches in the league.

Redick and Moore are both 40% 3pt shooters. And Hart is looking good. We'll see.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

If you trade Kuzma, it needs be for an initiator on offense.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I keep looking at this Houston team scoring 100+ points through 3 quarters with ease. And I keep thinking, "how is MDA gonna screw this up come playoff time?"

Seems un-screwupable. But MDA will find a way. I think they'll have the best regular season record in the West though. Maybe the league.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
If you trade Kuzma, it needs be for an initiator on offense.

That'd be optimal, but those guys tend to have more value than Kuz.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I keep looking at this Houston team scoring 100+ points through 3 quarters with ease. And I keep thinking, "how is MDA gonna screw this up come playoff time?"

Seems un-screwupable. But MDA will find a way. I think they'll have the best regular season record in the West though. Maybe the league.

Jalen Rose was talking about Harden playing as though Westbrook wasn't there

I'd put money on discontent with Westbrook happening at some stage. They don't exactly complement each other

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'd put money on discontent with Westbrook happening at some stage. They don't exactly complement each other

They said the same thing when CP3 and Harden played their first few games together too. It's just a matter of time till WB clicks with this system. The floor spacing and pace mesh his game too well.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Raptors are the best fit

Im surprised to hear this TBH...Sabonis is one of the best young bigs in the NBA IMO and fits into modern NBA, with high IQ, ability to hit 15-17 ft jumper and most importantly plays hard.

Long article https://8points9seconds.com/2019/05/08/pacers-domantas-sabonis-myles-turner-pairing/

If Sabonis can extend to the 3pt line he becomes much more valuable. Also very little rim protection due to average/below average wingspan.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
drae wrote:
kikanga wrote:

They said the same thing when CP3 and Harden played their first few games together too. It's just a matter of time till WB clicks with this system. The floor spacing and pace mesh his game too well.

CP3 was always more efficient off ball than Westbrook, but Westbrook isn't 34 years old and falling off a cliff for $40M a season like Paul.

I do think Houston is fordimable as hell with that duo and their balanced roster and I also think that the Lakers are the Rockets worst nightmare.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
drae wrote:
kikanga wrote:

CP3 was always more efficient off ball than Westbrook, but Westbrook isn't 34 years old and falling off a cliff for $40M a season like Paul.

I do think Houston is fordimable as hell with that duo and their balanced roster and I also think that the Lakers are the Rockets worst nightmare.

We'll see how WB hand heals. His athleticism, rebounding, pace, slashing. Seems like a great fit.

If I played fantasy basketball, I'd draft Capela. He's gonna eat this season with WB and Harden spoonfeeding him easy points all game long and he'll have plenty of offensive rebounding opportunities.

I agree we match up well against HOU.
I wanna see how HOU looks against Ciippers though. I can imagine MDA getting the better of Doc in a playoff series.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It almost doesn't matter how many points they score if they're going to give up just as many. For reference see MDA's second season with the Lakers. #11 offense, #29 defense, 27 wins. They give up 130+ to a Miami team that doesn't have a great offense and was without their best player. They'll live and die by the 3.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Raptors are the best fit

Long article https://8points9seconds.com/2019/05/08/pacers-domantas-sabonis-myles-turner-pairing/

If Sabonis can extend to the 3pt line he becomes much more valuable. Also very little rim protection due to average/below average wingspan.

The thing is Turner has proven he can stretch out to the 3 pt line. And Sabonis has shown he can shoot the ball as well..

Honestly think its wrong move for Indiana to give up on him. I would play out this season with them two together to see how it works..

I think Turner playing with the World Cup team this summer is going to be an improved player

Honestly just love how hard Sabonis plays . Interested to see how this plays out.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

From what I've seen so far. Westbrook will not fit well with this team...I understand putting the ball in Harden's hand but its so crazy how MDA can just sit back and watch Harden slowly dribble the ball up the floor and ISO 20+ possessions a game when you have one of the fastest Guards in NBA history on your team and you just camp him in the corner...

I would love to see games where Harden is out not just for a few minutes but whole game, and Westbrook pushing the pace to see how that works..
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Harden is an absolute beast. I don't think Houston has what it takes, but he's legit all time great offensively, right up there with anyone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3734, 3735, 3736 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3735 of 8560
Jump to: