OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1837, 1838, 1839 ... 1849, 1850, 1851  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28686
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

I watched the Bulls and Pelicans game and I’m not Impressed with Ingram. if I was the Pelicans I wouldn’t sign him to a extension... maybe I’m overreacting and he becomes a stud when the regular season starts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1843

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I watched the Bulls and Pelicans game and I’m not Impressed with Ingram. if I was the Pelicans I wouldn’t sign him to a extension... maybe I’m overreacting and he becomes a stud when the regular season starts.


Or maybe he has only played 23 minutes of organized ball prior to tonight in almost a half year🤔
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7037
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject:

I don't like what I saw from him.. It gets to a point where you have to be ready to go when the season starts. It also gets to a point where you cant have bad games as often as he does.

Some of what he displayed could be attributed to rust.. But the selfishness, no excuse for that. Gentry even said he didn't like the isolation ball. Ingram needs to utilize intelligence while playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 18669

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

What's pre-season for again?
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17201
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I don't like what I saw from him.. It gets to a point where you have to be ready to go when the season starts. It also gets to a point where you cant have bad games as often as he does.

Some of what he displayed could be attributed to rust.. But the selfishness, no excuse for that. Gentry even said he didn't like the isolation ball. Ingram needs to utilize intelligence while playing.


He's going to have to come up with a new move. Second game where opponents sat on that mid-range pull up in the lane.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7037
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
What's pre-season for again?


I get where you're coming from.. I'm still high on the kid.

With that being said he's been in the league long enough to where it's hard to make excuses for poor performances.

I'm also okay with isolating if you're going to read the defense while you're doing it. He's barely doing that. It's not a good look for him, especially when everyone else was moving the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7037
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I don't like what I saw from him.. It gets to a point where you have to be ready to go when the season starts. It also gets to a point where you cant have bad games as often as he does.

Some of what he displayed could be attributed to rust.. But the selfishness, no excuse for that. Gentry even said he didn't like the isolation ball. Ingram needs to utilize intelligence while playing.


He's going to have to come up with a new move. Second game where opponents sat on that mid-range pull up in the lane.


Yea he does, and I'm sure he will. He's good at making adjustments, even though it may take him a while.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

He probably will get traded this season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 18053

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

He's looking really good this game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1843

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Got awfully quiet tonight in here. Feels like last year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23729

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Got awfully quiet tonight in here. Feels like last year

I'm only going by boxscore, but how did he look?
_________________
Running through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7037
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Got awfully quiet tonight in here. Feels like last year

I'm only going by boxscore, but how did he look?


He's starting to look like the guy that we saw before he was sidelined.. Decision making needs to improve but he's getting there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1843

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Got awfully quiet tonight in here. Feels like last year

I'm only going by boxscore, but how did he look?


He's starting to look like the guy that we saw before he was sidelined.. Decision making needs to improve but he's getting there.


This lol. I’ll attribute the decision making more to rust than anything else. The trey wasn’t falling tonight but he’s showing so much more confidence in taking them when given to him. Mid range was fire tonight. Less selfish play. That handle is looking NICE and he’s actually hitting his free throws. Took both technical free throws. I expect a good year.

The Pels are scrappy as hell and are going to really surprise teams just as I figured. They’re going to win a lot of ugly games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7037
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Got awfully quiet tonight in here. Feels like last year

I'm only going by boxscore, but how did he look?


He's starting to look like the guy that we saw before he was sidelined.. Decision making needs to improve but he's getting there.


This lol. I’ll attribute the decision making more to rust than anything else. The trey wasn’t falling tonight but he’s showing so much more confidence in taking them when given to him. Mid range was fire tonight. Less selfish play. That handle is looking NICE and he’s actually hitting his free throws. Took both technical free throws. I expect a good year.

The Pels are scrappy as hell and are going to really surprise teams just as I figured. They’re going to win a lot of ugly games


Yep I would agree that it's rust.. and yes they are a scrappy bunch, including the bench. They'll be one of those young teams that's fun to watch, and might possibly end up sneaking into the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 37752
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

I saw a little of the game last night....BI clearly still appears to be progressing into a high level player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

I would say the odds of him getting traded to a crappy team is high this season.

Maybe a team like Memphis or the Cavs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 18669

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Why would New Orleans trade him? he's finding his fit with the team and seems to be doing pretty good.

He's young, the team is young, and have a superstar in the making and two stars that surround him that are young and one already all-star caliber player.

They have no reason to trade BI.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 105738

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Why would New Orleans trade him? he's finding his fit with the team and seems to be doing pretty good.

He's young, the team is young, and have a superstar in the making and two stars that surround him that are young and one already all-star caliber player.

They have no reason to trade BI.


They have two stars? Define star please.
_________________
#FreeIGGY
#IHaveSpoken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134861
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

BI was smart to play up to Saints fans, if they can charm that fan base the arena will sell out.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Why would New Orleans trade him? he's finding his fit with the team and seems to be doing pretty good.

He's young, the team is young, and have a superstar in the making and two stars that surround him that are young and one already all-star caliber player.

They have no reason to trade BI.


They have two stars? Define star please.


Next season is contract year for Brandon....

Ingram and Zion ain't exactly ideal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7037
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Ingram just doesn't belong in the NBA, he doesn't fit anywhere lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1843

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Ingram just doesn't belong in the NBA, he doesn't fit anywhere lol.


He’s trash and should probably be playing as a 6th man in a rec league somewhere tbh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134861
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Why would New Orleans trade him? he's finding his fit with the team and seems to be doing pretty good.

He's young, the team is young, and have a superstar in the making and two stars that surround him that are young and one already all-star caliber player.

They have no reason to trade BI.


They have two stars? Define star please.


Next season is contract year for Brandon....

Ingram and Zion ain't exactly ideal.


They have looked good so far, the team will surprise some. But continue with your agenda.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 608

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Why would New Orleans trade him? he's finding his fit with the team and seems to be doing pretty good.

He's young, the team is young, and have a superstar in the making and two stars that surround him that are young and one already all-star caliber player.

They have no reason to trade BI.


They have two stars? Define star please.


Next season is contract year for Brandon....

Ingram and Zion ain't exactly ideal.


They have looked good so far, the team will surprise some. But continue with your agenda.


Not really.

Pelicans might be 3-0 in the preseason, but Ingram's fit with the pelicans is not perfect or close to ideal....

Just like how people thought that Lebron and Ingram would work, Zion and Ingram won't work at all....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134861
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Why would New Orleans trade him? he's finding his fit with the team and seems to be doing pretty good.

He's young, the team is young, and have a superstar in the making and two stars that surround him that are young and one already all-star caliber player.

They have no reason to trade BI.


They have two stars? Define star please.


Next season is contract year for Brandon....

Ingram and Zion ain't exactly ideal.


They have looked good so far, the team will surprise some. But continue with your agenda.


Not really.

Pelicans might be 3-0 in the preseason, but Ingram's fit with the pelicans is not perfect or close to ideal....

Just like how people thought that Lebron and Ingram would work, Zion and Ingram won't work at all....


Despite it working. Unlike Lebron, the Pelicans wisely aren’t making the offense all about Zion. And naturally you ignore defense.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1837, 1838, 1839 ... 1849, 1850, 1851  Next
Page 1838 of 1851
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB