Your preferred "point guard" rotation next year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your preferred PG rotation next year?
1) Caruso, 2) Bradley
23%
 23%  [ 12 ]
1) Caruso, 2) Rondo
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
1) Bradley, 2) Caruso
51%
 51%  [ 27 ]
1) Bradley, 2) Rondo,
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
1) Rondo, 2) Caruso
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
1) Rondo, 2) Bradley
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 52

Author Message
MIMLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 9816
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Your preferred "point guard" rotation next year?

Who do you see starting and backing up at "point guard" next year - with the understanding that LeBron is running the offense next year but realistically can't guard small PGs at the start of any game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104742

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

Bradley/Caruso.

I want to see Caruso get 20+ mpg at least.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 4990

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

At the moment, Bradley /Caruso.

We'll have to see what training camp and injuries dictate though.

Will be interesting to see how Rondo fits. Contributing player or end of the bench asst. coach to only be used in emergency?

I am not excluding Cook from earning significant mpg as the back up either. Young man can shoot. Can be a pesky defender even at his size. Potential to have a breakout year and work his way into the nightly lineup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 134192
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Any rotation that does not include Rondo
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 3445

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

i want Caruso starting. I dont mind Rondo as long as hes not on the floor with Lebron.

Last edited by a2j1m on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23018

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Caruso/Cook is not an option for some reason...
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 13148

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

LeBron on offense, Bradley on defense

back up 1: Caruso
2: Cook
3. Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1782

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Well tbh for shooting purposes I kinda want KCP to log a small amount of time at the 3 when Kuz is the 4 and allow a Caruso/cook backcourt off the bench with Bradley starting alongside green in the back court
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104742

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Well tbh for shooting purposes I kinda want KCP to log a small amount of time at the 3 when Kuz is the 4 and allow a Caruso/cook backcourt off the bench with Bradley starting alongside green in the back court


That team is going to get absolutely devastated on defense. Cook/Kuz are below average defenders (Kuz at the PF especially). KCP has trouble guarding big SGs like DRoz, he would get destroyed against traditionally sized SFs.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2017
Posts: 1782

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Well tbh for shooting purposes I kinda want KCP to log a small amount of time at the 3 when Kuz is the 4 and allow a Caruso/cook backcourt off the bench with Bradley starting alongside green in the back court


That team is going to get absolutely devastated on defense. Cook/Kuz are below average defenders (Kuz at the PF especially). KCP has trouble guarding big SGs like DRoz, he would get destroyed against traditionally sized SFs.


Well I didn’t put the team together and until we make a trDe to get rid of some small guards for actual wing defenders that’s what we are going to have to live with. I don’t expect us to be that great on D until we fix this issue. And I’m not buying the Kuz hype as a 3 either. He was a trash defender there as well. I just don’t buy him suddenly becoming a good defender at either guard position nor do I buy this team as constructed being elite on D just because we had AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104742

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Well tbh for shooting purposes I kinda want KCP to log a small amount of time at the 3 when Kuz is the 4 and allow a Caruso/cook backcourt off the bench with Bradley starting alongside green in the back court


That team is going to get absolutely devastated on defense. Cook/Kuz are below average defenders (Kuz at the PF especially). KCP has trouble guarding big SGs like DRoz, he would get destroyed against traditionally sized SFs.


Well I didn’t put the team together and until we make a trDe to get rid of some small guards for actual wing defenders that’s what we are going to have to live with. I don’t expect us to be that great on D until we fix this issue. And I’m not buying the Kuz hype as a 3 either. He was a trash defender there as well. I just don’t buy him suddenly becoming a good defender at either guard position nor do I buy this team as constructed being elite on D just because we had AD.


I actually think Kuz defends large wings better than he does traditional PFs.

I remember he put up some good fight on wing scorers while routinely getting destroyed by guys like Taj Gibson when he played PF.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 20823
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

When Rondo runs pick and roll/pop with AD. He makes AD arguably the most dominant offensive player in the league. Just pair his minutes with AD whenever LBJ rests, sit back, and watch the magic happen on offense.
_________________
"Turn your losses into lessons." - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11425

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Bradley - Caruso
I think Caruso is a better distributor type point guard for the second unit when Lebron is on the bench.
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gng930
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 8768

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I think Rondo and KCP are locks for the backup minutes assuming Bradley and Green start. Caruso's best bet is the backup SF minutes by virtue of Green sliding over.
_________________
Free Agent Spreadsheet (Save to your Google Drive to edit)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2559

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Bradley Caruso looks like a good pairing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 6824
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

It's Caruso + Bradley but Caruso needs to prove it in games that matter and Bradley needs a return to form. How much each one manages to show should determine the starter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18727
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Either Bradley/Caruso or Caruso/Bradley. I'd like to see solid defense for 48 minutes, while maintaining an outside scoring threat, and playing smart within an organized defense and offense. If anyone on our roster at the 1 spot is capable of providing all this, Bradley and Caruso are by far most likely. Let's hope they both play to their potential this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 52239

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I think we have defensive talent.

Dwight
AD
Lebron
Green
Bradley
Dudley
McGee
KCP

All can defend either well, or above average if they are engaged and healthy. I do not think we are some weak defensive team, but if we do not value it, if we allow players to focus on O and not D, then it could get ugly.

McGee brings rim protection and boards.
AD can man D plus what McGee does.
Lebron can coast, but he has defensive ability.
Green is a solid man D guy.
Bradley has defensive talent. Needs to be in shape.
Dwight is a good man D guy, but also can help with boards-rim protection.
Dudley solid man D.
KCP solid man D at 2.

There are obviously match ups where a player can get exposed. However with the twin towers, we have some elite size in the paint and can contest layups like no other team in the league. Our perimeter defenders can play a lot closer to their man, and be a lot more aggressive on the ball - playing for the jumpshot.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rz0TSprFc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 12060

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I voted Bradley/Caruso, but I think Rondo has a place on this team. There will be times when the offense is sputtering and guys are lost and disorganized. He can come in and bring some order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 23018

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think we have defensive talent.

Dwight
AD
Lebron
Green
Bradley
Dudley
McGee
KCP

All can defend either well, or above average if they are engaged and healthy. I do not think we are some weak defensive team, but if we do not value it, if we allow players to focus on O and not D, then it could get ugly.

McGee brings rim protection and boards.
AD can man D plus what McGee does.
Lebron can coast, but he has defensive ability.
Green is a solid man D guy.
Bradley has defensive talent. Needs to be in shape.
Dwight is a good man D guy, but also can help with boards-rim protection.
Dudley solid man D.
KCP solid man D at 2.

There are obviously match ups where a player can get exposed. However with the twin towers, we have some elite size in the paint and can contest layups like no other team in the league. Our perimeter defenders can play a lot closer to their man, and be a lot more aggressive on the ball - playing for the jumpshot.

Caruso is good on defense. Arguably better than KCP and Bradley last season.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 9488

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Bradley/Caruso for hopefully at least 36 min. I would hope Rondo doesn’t get more than 8 min and even some DNP.

Rest of the “point guard” or 1 minutes can go to Cook or KCP depending on small ball and matchups.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28431
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I voted Bradley/Caruso, but I think Rondo has a place on this team. There will be times when the offense is sputtering and guys are lost and disorganized. He can come in and bring some order.


If we get Playoff Rondo from day 1 that would be nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18727
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Caruso is good on defense. Arguably better than KCP and Bradley last season.


I agree, on both counts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 7422

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Cook is probably the best fit in that starting 5 and if we get Iggy, he can he a great spot up shooter. I feel he has to be a part of the rotation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 1407
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

I'm not buying Caruso is better then a healthy, in-shape Bradley at all. I believe Bradley is still easily the better player by a decent margin.

I would love to see Caruso ball out regardless though! I really hope he steals all the minutes after Bradley and leaves Rondo to an end of the bench leadership role kind of like Metta at the end of his career which I think he could actually be pretty valuable at.

It's going to def. be interesting seeing how all these guys fit together and play with each other. The pieces are there so it's on Vogel to hopefully put them together correctly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB