2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3383
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Is there a more painful Dodger pitcher to watch than Jansen?


He's the worst of the relievers with the exception of Garcia and sometimes Floro yet he's closing. Ugh. The rest of the staff pitched admirably including Gonsolin who wasn't very lucky in the first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 4898
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Coming into this game, Dodger starters had a 5.54 ERA since Aug. 26.

Meanwhile the Braves have won 9 games in a row.


The Dodgers are playing like they wish the postseason started already and they are bored.

Wrong mindset. That alone could lead to losing another WS because they could start to ingrain some bad habits.

Don't underestimate the importance of home field advantage through the World Series.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 18299
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Is there a more painful Dodger pitcher to watch than Jansen?


He's the worst of the relievers with the exception of Garcia and sometimes Floro yet he's closing. Ugh. The rest of the staff pitched admirably including Gonsolin who wasn't very lucky in the first.


Garcia is so tantalizing, because he has good stuff and because he doesn't allow a lot of baserunners. Seriously, the dude is sporting a WHIP of .826, which is outstanding. Heck, even for his career, in 156.2 major league innings, his WHIP is under 1 (.977). That's really, really good, and his 3.49 ERA this year and his 3.62 career mark aren't terrible. He doesn't give up a lot of hits or walks. The problem? He's only allowed 36 hits all year, and fifteen of them have been homers! Since last year, in 81.2 IP, he's allowed a whopping 22 home runs.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 5740

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Is there a more painful Dodger pitcher to watch than Jansen?


He's the worst of the relievers with the exception of Garcia and sometimes Floro yet he's closing. Ugh. The rest of the staff pitched admirably including Gonsolin who wasn't very lucky in the first.


i hate Jensen's attitude even more. from the way he reacts it seems like always everyone else's fault when he gives up a big hit. this guy is entitled and not humble one bit during his season long slump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5381

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers win (94-52)
Yankees lost (95-51)
Astros will lose (95-51)
Braves lost (90-56)

Today was a really good day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 34735
Location: 502 Bad Gateway

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

So no one cares anymore about division titles? Yeah, me neither.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32581

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
So no one cares anymore about division titles? Yeah, me neither.


Teams have won the World Series without winning a division title, so its kinda meaningless these days. And lets face it, the only title Dodgers fans care about is the World Series title, which is a drought that is long overdue to be broken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 10546

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Division titles do matter a lot for obvious reasons. I badly wanted to see the teams in the 90’s win more division titles after 1995 and it was really disappointing when it didn’t happen.

It’s probably less exciting these days because it feels like the team has wasted a huge number of opportunities. Should have won in 2017 and there were plenty of other chances for the team to win since 1988. 12 playoff appearances in a row without a ring. Although I guess you could say the last 8 was when the team really had a chance because the first four playoff appearances were really bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 10546

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

This writer tries to make a big deal out of it:

Quote:


Don't underestimate the impressive nature of this achievement. Here's the list of teams that finished in first place seven consecutive seasons:

• 2013 to 2019 Dodgers (seven NL West titles)
• 1998 to 2006 Yankees (nine American League East titles)
• 1995 to 2005 Braves* (11 NL East titles)

*Some will credit the Braves with 14 straight division titles, choosing to skip the 1994 strike season; Atlanta was in second place at the time of the strike.

That's it. Three times. The 1995 to 2001 Indians won six in seven years. The Yankees' dynasty from 1949 to 1964 included an incredible 14 AL pennants in 16 seasons but had a high run of five in a row. (Granted, that was before divisions, so they had to beat the entire league.) The 2007 to 2011 Phillies won five divisions in a row. The Big Red Machine of the 1970s is considered one of the greatest teams of all time; those Reds topped out at two division titles in a row.

So, yes, this is a monumental run of excellence for the Dodgers.



Judge Dodgers on seven straight titles, not the World Series crown they're still chasing


Meh, I would feel a lot better with a ring or two (or more) in there too. And the Indians and Braves winning all those divisions with only 1 ring combined to show for it shows how teams can win division after division and fall short over and over again.

Winning the division was a much bigger deal when the playoffs only had 4 teams (and before that 2 teams).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 18299
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This writer tries to make a big deal out of it:

Quote:


Don't underestimate the impressive nature of this achievement. Here's the list of teams that finished in first place seven consecutive seasons:

• 2013 to 2019 Dodgers (seven NL West titles)
• 1998 to 2006 Yankees (nine American League East titles)
• 1995 to 2005 Braves* (11 NL East titles)

*Some will credit the Braves with 14 straight division titles, choosing to skip the 1994 strike season; Atlanta was in second place at the time of the strike.

That's it. Three times. The 1995 to 2001 Indians won six in seven years. The Yankees' dynasty from 1949 to 1964 included an incredible 14 AL pennants in 16 seasons but had a high run of five in a row. (Granted, that was before divisions, so they had to beat the entire league.) The 2007 to 2011 Phillies won five divisions in a row. The Big Red Machine of the 1970s is considered one of the greatest teams of all time; those Reds topped out at two division titles in a row.

So, yes, this is a monumental run of excellence for the Dodgers.



Judge Dodgers on seven straight titles, not the World Series crown they're still chasing


Meh, I would feel a lot better with a ring or two (or more) in there too. And the Indians and Braves winning all those divisions with only 1 ring combined to show for it shows how teams can win division after division and fall short over and over again.

Winning the division was a much bigger deal when the playoffs only had 4 teams (and before that 2 teams).


I know I mentioned this way earlier in the thread, that the Dodgers would be one of only three teams ever to win 7 consecutive division titles if they did it this year. Last year felt like the year where they would fall short of the division crown and they still pulled it off. Of course we want the World Series title, but this has truly been a special run. Just need to cap it off now. And then with the monkey off the back, win multiple titles.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5381

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This writer tries to make a big deal out of it:

Quote:


Don't underestimate the impressive nature of this achievement. Here's the list of teams that finished in first place seven consecutive seasons:

• 2013 to 2019 Dodgers (seven NL West titles)
• 1998 to 2006 Yankees (nine American League East titles)
• 1995 to 2005 Braves* (11 NL East titles)

*Some will credit the Braves with 14 straight division titles, choosing to skip the 1994 strike season; Atlanta was in second place at the time of the strike.

That's it. Three times. The 1995 to 2001 Indians won six in seven years. The Yankees' dynasty from 1949 to 1964 included an incredible 14 AL pennants in 16 seasons but had a high run of five in a row. (Granted, that was before divisions, so they had to beat the entire league.) The 2007 to 2011 Phillies won five divisions in a row. The Big Red Machine of the 1970s is considered one of the greatest teams of all time; those Reds topped out at two division titles in a row.

So, yes, this is a monumental run of excellence for the Dodgers.



Judge Dodgers on seven straight titles, not the World Series crown they're still chasing


Meh, I would feel a lot better with a ring or two (or more) in there too. And the Indians and Braves winning all those divisions with only 1 ring combined to show for it shows how teams can win division after division and fall short over and over again.

Winning the division was a much bigger deal when the playoffs only had 4 teams (and before that 2 teams).


Agreed that division titles were more significant w/ 2 divisions.

However, adding the 2nd wild card team has made winning the division more significant (in the era of 3 division champs).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 1488

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

I kinda wish they would've ditched the champagne party this year. Set the tone that, yeah, this is cool, but not even close to what we're after.

But I get it...it's tradition and we have so many rookies on the squad that should get to enjoy it as well.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. These guys are playing a game, after all, and should have some fun after accomplishing one of their goals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32581

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
I kinda wish they would've ditched the champagne party this year. Set the tone that, yeah, this is cool, but not even close to what we're after.

But I get it...it's tradition and we have so many rookies on the squad that should get to enjoy it as well.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. These guys are playing a game, after all, and should have some fun after accomplishing one of their goals.


I don't think they should get rid of it because they aren't the Yankees. They also are one of those teams that rely on a lot of up and coming talent from the farm system so its a new experience for many of those players....why get rid of it because our past teams couldn't finish the task?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32581

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This writer tries to make a big deal out of it:

Quote:


Don't underestimate the impressive nature of this achievement. Here's the list of teams that finished in first place seven consecutive seasons:

• 2013 to 2019 Dodgers (seven NL West titles)
• 1998 to 2006 Yankees (nine American League East titles)
• 1995 to 2005 Braves* (11 NL East titles)

*Some will credit the Braves with 14 straight division titles, choosing to skip the 1994 strike season; Atlanta was in second place at the time of the strike.

That's it. Three times. The 1995 to 2001 Indians won six in seven years. The Yankees' dynasty from 1949 to 1964 included an incredible 14 AL pennants in 16 seasons but had a high run of five in a row. (Granted, that was before divisions, so they had to beat the entire league.) The 2007 to 2011 Phillies won five divisions in a row. The Big Red Machine of the 1970s is considered one of the greatest teams of all time; those Reds topped out at two division titles in a row.

So, yes, this is a monumental run of excellence for the Dodgers.



Judge Dodgers on seven straight titles, not the World Series crown they're still chasing


Meh, I would feel a lot better with a ring or two (or more) in there too. And the Indians and Braves winning all those divisions with only 1 ring combined to show for it shows how teams can win division after division and fall short over and over again.

Winning the division was a much bigger deal when the playoffs only had 4 teams (and before that 2 teams).


Winning the division and pennant were a big deal before they expanded the playoffs with the wildcard. Now that they have a 2nd wildcard team it dilutes it even further. So yeah, it is an accomplishment, it just doesn't feel like as big of a deal anymore because wildcard teams can spoil the party these days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32581

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Division titles do matter a lot for obvious reasons. I badly wanted to see the teams in the 90’s win more division titles after 1995 and it was really disappointing when it didn’t happen.

It’s probably less exciting these days because it feels like the team has wasted a huge number of opportunities. Should have won in 2017 and there were plenty of other chances for the team to win since 1988. 12 playoff appearances in a row without a ring. Although I guess you could say the last 8 was when the team really had a chance because the first four playoff appearances were really bad.


Feels like the west coast version of the 90's Atlanta Braves....except that team actually won a World Series. So yeah, I think a lot of Dodger fans have learned to temper their excitement because they have been used to playoff disappointments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 1488

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
I kinda wish they would've ditched the champagne party this year. Set the tone that, yeah, this is cool, but not even close to what we're after.

But I get it...it's tradition and we have so many rookies on the squad that should get to enjoy it as well.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. These guys are playing a game, after all, and should have some fun after accomplishing one of their goals.


I don't think they should get rid of it because they aren't the Yankees. They also are one of those teams that rely on a lot of up and coming talent from the farm system so its a new experience for many of those players....why get rid of it because our past teams couldn't finish the task?


Because it's such a small step. I get if you win the LDS and then LCS, sure. But it's crazy to me that a team would do a champagne celebration for winning the second wild-card, then champagne celebration for winning the wild-card game the next day and so-on.

And I dunno, if I were Kershaw, Jansen, Turner and the lot who've done this 7 years in a row, I'd almost be like...'meh'.

I, personally, think it'd be badass if they just did a tame celebration and move on, but I get that the rookies and the new players deserve to celebrate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5381

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
I kinda wish they would've ditched the champagne party this year. Set the tone that, yeah, this is cool, but not even close to what we're after.

But I get it...it's tradition and we have so many rookies on the squad that should get to enjoy it as well.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. These guys are playing a game, after all, and should have some fun after accomplishing one of their goals.


I don't think they should get rid of it because they aren't the Yankees. They also are one of those teams that rely on a lot of up and coming talent from the farm system so its a new experience for many of those players....why get rid of it because our past teams couldn't finish the task?


Because it's such a small step. I get if you win the LDS and then LCS, sure. But it's crazy to me that a team would do a champagne celebration for winning the second wild-card, then champagne celebration for winning the wild-card game the next day and so-on.

And I dunno, if I were Kershaw, Jansen, Turner and the lot who've done this 7 years in a row, I'd almost be like...'meh'.

I, personally, think it'd be badass if they just did a tame celebration and move on, but I get that the rookies and the new players deserve to celebrate.


So take the celebration away from the rookies?

How do you go about deciding what year to end the celebration? Is the 7th year the cutoff?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8912
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

So the MVP is Cody's to lose at this point, eh?

Also, I feel like Kobe was the only one that could pull of the "we're not celebrating unless it's the championship" thing. Otherwise, why not celebrate your accomplishments? 7 in a row is no small feat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 10546

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

I get the celebrations for winning the division. The wild card celebrations do look silly to me. Those teams haven’t even gotten into the division series yet so they have the beat 4 teams to win it all. It’s kind of like a basketball team celebrating for clinching as the #5 or #6 seed. Or even the #8 seed because they just barely got in the playoffs. OTOH underdogs in baseball have a much better chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 34735
Location: 502 Bad Gateway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
So the MVP is Cody's to lose at this point, eh?

Also, I feel like Kobe was the only one that could pull of the "we're not celebrating unless it's the championship" thing. Otherwise, why not celebrate your accomplishments? 7 in a row is no small feat.


I think he's already lost it to Yellich. Same with Ryu for Cy Young.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5381

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
So the MVP is Cody's to lose at this point, eh?

Also, I feel like Kobe was the only one that could pull of the "we're not celebrating unless it's the championship" thing. Otherwise, why not celebrate your accomplishments? 7 in a row is no small feat.


I think he's already lost it to Yellich. Same with Ryu for Cy Young.


MVP is a WAR award and Bellinger is so far ahead of Yelich in WAR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 1488

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
I kinda wish they would've ditched the champagne party this year. Set the tone that, yeah, this is cool, but not even close to what we're after.

But I get it...it's tradition and we have so many rookies on the squad that should get to enjoy it as well.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. These guys are playing a game, after all, and should have some fun after accomplishing one of their goals.


I don't think they should get rid of it because they aren't the Yankees. They also are one of those teams that rely on a lot of up and coming talent from the farm system so its a new experience for many of those players....why get rid of it because our past teams couldn't finish the task?


Because it's such a small step. I get if you win the LDS and then LCS, sure. But it's crazy to me that a team would do a champagne celebration for winning the second wild-card, then champagne celebration for winning the wild-card game the next day and so-on.

And I dunno, if I were Kershaw, Jansen, Turner and the lot who've done this 7 years in a row, I'd almost be like...'meh'.

I, personally, think it'd be badass if they just did a tame celebration and move on, but I get that the rookies and the new players deserve to celebrate.


So take the celebration away from the rookies?

How do you go about deciding what year to end the celebration? Is the 7th year the cutoff?


I'm not like crazily adamant against it. I get why they do it. It's just weird when you think about it, no?

Personally, I wouldn't ever do it, really. That's just me, though.

Could you imagine if the Lakers did that when clinching a playoff berth? Again, don't mind them celebrating...but I do feel it's a bit over-the-top nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5381

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
I kinda wish they would've ditched the champagne party this year. Set the tone that, yeah, this is cool, but not even close to what we're after.

But I get it...it's tradition and we have so many rookies on the squad that should get to enjoy it as well.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. These guys are playing a game, after all, and should have some fun after accomplishing one of their goals.


I don't think they should get rid of it because they aren't the Yankees. They also are one of those teams that rely on a lot of up and coming talent from the farm system so its a new experience for many of those players....why get rid of it because our past teams couldn't finish the task?


Because it's such a small step. I get if you win the LDS and then LCS, sure. But it's crazy to me that a team would do a champagne celebration for winning the second wild-card, then champagne celebration for winning the wild-card game the next day and so-on.

And I dunno, if I were Kershaw, Jansen, Turner and the lot who've done this 7 years in a row, I'd almost be like...'meh'.

I, personally, think it'd be badass if they just did a tame celebration and move on, but I get that the rookies and the new players deserve to celebrate.


So take the celebration away from the rookies?

How do you go about deciding what year to end the celebration? Is the 7th year the cutoff?


I'm not like crazily adamant against it. I get why they do it. It's just weird when you think about it, no?

Personally, I wouldn't ever do it, really. That's just me, though.

Could you imagine if the Lakers did that when clinching a playoff berth? Again, don't mind them celebrating...but I do feel it's a bit over-the-top nowadays.


I don't think it's fair to compare baseball to basketball though.

Baseball's playoffs is the most exclusive club in all sports.

It used to be only 4 teams made the playoffs. Think about that.

The NBA has over half the league making the playoffs. I remember when there were only 23 teams and 16 teams made the playoffs.

I agree now it's easier to make the playoffs in MLB due to 3 divisions winners and 2 wild cards.

Also, you have to take into consideration the grueling 162 game schedule.

But honestly, if the NBA only had 4 teams make the playoffs every year, I think they'd celebrate as well. That's pretty much like making the Conference Finals.

But really, I think it's the fact that they play so many games - I think that's why they celebrate. It's a LONG season. That and the fact that one player has less impact in mlb than other sports.

Mike Trout's made the playoffs ONCE in his career? Kobe missed the playoffs what, 2-3 times?

NBA players just have more impact on the game than MLB players. You really need the entire team to click to make the playoffs.

In the NBA, you can have 1-2 superstars and a bunch of scrubs and you're guaranteed to make the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 34735
Location: 502 Bad Gateway

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
So the MVP is Cody's to lose at this point, eh?

Also, I feel like Kobe was the only one that could pull of the "we're not celebrating unless it's the championship" thing. Otherwise, why not celebrate your accomplishments? 7 in a row is no small feat.


I think he's already lost it to Yellich. Same with Ryu for Cy Young.


MVP is a WAR award and Bellinger is so far ahead of Yelich in WAR


Yellich - 7.7
Bellinger - 7.2

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2019&month=0&season1=2019&ind=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5381

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
So the MVP is Cody's to lose at this point, eh?

Also, I feel like Kobe was the only one that could pull of the "we're not celebrating unless it's the championship" thing. Otherwise, why not celebrate your accomplishments? 7 in a row is no small feat.


I think he's already lost it to Yellich. Same with Ryu for Cy Young.


MVP is a WAR award and Bellinger is so far ahead of Yelich in WAR


Yellich - 7.7
Bellinger - 7.2

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2019&month=0&season1=2019&ind=0


yeah, I go with baseball reference WAR.

Wonder what the voters go with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
Page 115 of 118
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB