🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

The irony is that back in the Al Davis days, they would have been the team to gamble on a head case like Brown.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CTE? A definitive diagnosis can only be made through an autopsy after death. Scientists are working to further understand CTE and to identify ways to diagnose CTE during life. I hope a procedure is found.

not really sure what kind of procedure could be done.....my understanding is that they can see potential in MRI's, but they literally need to slice and examine the brain to diagnose.

But, I do not see CTE being an issue for AB at his age. This is diva WR stuff....we have seen similar stuff before. Recall the crazy stuff Terell Owens use to do?

They have been trying to see if certain proteins or enzymes in the blood can be an indicator. They have found a compound in the former players that they have examined but haven’t had success with live players.

That's my position. They're looking for procedures. There've been illnesses in the past that were fatal. Science put the pedal to the medal and found cures. Right now there's no cure for Alzheimer but doctors and scientists are looking for cures. I hope one day early detection of CTE will be discovered.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Another troubled star receiver goes from Oakland to New England. Will AB succeed like Moss, or fall flat on his face? That is the question...

Doesn't seem like much of a question. He's still AB...
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

Typical. They always end up in New England. NFL is kind of a joke these days.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I wonder. Did AB do a Kawhi? Was it his plan to play in New England all along?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

So the Raiders lose those picks sent to Pittsburgh without any compensation?

Talk about being royally (bleep) by this guy, what a (bleep) the Raiders have been for the majority of the past 16 years but soon will be Vegas' problem.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Will the real Bill Belichick please stand up!!!

SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Had Al Davis still alive I’d bet my life saving he would’ve given AB the Marcus Allen treatment and would never released him. Who’s genius idea was that to release him? At least trade him for some picks or just sit his ass the while season, his guaranteed money is gone so what’s there to lose holding onto him?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

AB posted a video of the moment he found out he was released.

What a baby.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
It is what it is, but it just feels all kinds of wrong. I kind of hope it blows up in the Patriots face. A passing game built around Gordon and Brown....what could go wrong....

I still think Edelman gets the most targets per game. I could be wrong but maybe the biggest loser in this is James White. They kind of needed him to have a big passing-game role last year. Perhaps now that will change. In any case, I feel like Edelman is Brady's security blanket.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I still think Edelman gets the most targets per game. I could be wrong but maybe the biggest loser in this is James White. They kind of needed him to have a big passing-game role last year. Perhaps now that will change. In any case, I feel like Edelman is Brady's security blanket.

If that turns out to be true I think it will blow up in the Patriots face. If AB isn't number 1 he will be disgruntled and we know what that means.

Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

If that turns out to be true I think it will blow up in the Patriots face. If AB isn't number 1 he will be disgruntled and we know what that means.

Weren't they saying about Randy Moss?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yeah. If AB follows Randy's path there are going to be a whole lot of disappointed Patriot haters. IIRC Moss was the #1 receiver when he played with NE.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

"I'm ready." - Eli Manning
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Moses wrote:

Of course he still has the talent, but I don't think for one second that the Patriots would suffer any of his foolishness. If this is to work it's gonna require him to be on his best behavior and for him to get out of his own way in that regard.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AB posted a video of the moment he found out he was released.

What a baby.

I wish I had it that good. Must be nice to complain about working at a job that could pay over $50 million for the next 3 years. And then complain that they don’t want you. They must really hate all the Raider players that will be making a lot less than $50 million.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yeah. If AB follows Randy's path there are going to be a whole lot of disappointed Patriot haters. IIRC Moss was the #1 receiver when he played with NE.

AB's not going to put up the same kind of numbers he put up in Pittsburgh.

1) Brady can't throw deep well

2) NE's system is geared towards the quick short passes. I don't know if that's AB's game. It's more Edelman's game.

3) NE's system seems complicated to pick up. Lots of star receivers have struggled when coming to this system (Chad Ochocinco)

4) NE likes to spread the ball around. No one really gets 10+ targets a game. Even when Moss was putting up insane numbers, he probably did it on 5+ targets only. Gronk probably never got 10+ targets a game.

My prediction - AB gets 80-90 catches for 1,100+ yds. He's no longer in the conversation for best WR in the NFL.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

How many lives does AB have? He ain't no cat. I think this is the end of the trail for AB. If Belichick can't pull him to the curb I don't think another organization will take a chance on him. I wouldn't bet the condo Brown will work out in New England.

Here’s Why Antonio Brown Can’t Play For The Patriots Sunday Night

LINK

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I wouldn't bet the condo Brown will work out in New England.

I'm not sure he'll finish the season in New England.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It’s certainly possible.

But it’s being reported NE had already tried trading with Oakland for AB earlier during the offseason but OAK wasnt willing.

So theres apparently been mutual interest for some time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It’s certainly possible.

But it’s being reported NE had already tried trading with Oakland for AB earlier during the offseason but OAK wasnt willing.

So theres apparently been mutual interest for some time.

That was my thought when I posted did he do a Kwahi Leonard. I had a sneaky feeling he was trying to get to the Patriots all along.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
Moses wrote:

An AB that quit on his last two teams.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

Antonio Brown and Gronk had the same agent. Draw your own conclusions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 3 of 76
Jump to: