🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51360
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: 🏈OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIV THREAD🏈

Here we go. The new season is underway. The lull between football and basketball season is over.

Aaron has a lot to prove to be the Baaaad Man SAS says he is. He started slow. Lets see if the new coach Matt LaFleur and new system makes a difference.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20560
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 🏈OFFICIAL NFL SEASON THREAD🏈

jodeke wrote:
Here we go. The new season is underway. The lull between football and basketball season is over.

Aaron has a lot to prove to be the Baaaad Man SAS says he is. He started slow. Lets see if the new coach Matt LaFleur and new system makes a difference.


The Packers: we're going to start off slowly.

The Bears: hold my beer.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33629

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Boring game....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33629

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

More points in the Rams vs Patriots Super Bowl than this....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33629

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Good defensive battle though, if you are into that sort of football. Green Bay definitely got better in the offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Dec 2002
Posts: 5918
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.
_________________
"Be the person you needed when you were younger..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.


he will likely end up on the Patriots with the Raiders paying a chunk of his salary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20560
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Good defensive battle though, if you are into that sort of football. Green Bay definitely got better in the offseason.


The defense, yes. The offense still looked like you-know-what.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51360
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Matt Lafluuuure (SAS) didn't make a difference. The Baaaaaaad Man, wasn't so bad. I fell asleep on the game. 10 3 was not what I expected. Can't wait for First Take tomorrow.

I wonder what AB really wants? I've seen divas but Brown has taken it to a new level. He may be mentally impaired.

I canceled Sunday Ticket. I wouldn't enjoy a game because I constantly switch games.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17439
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Matt Lafluuuure (SAS) didn't make a difference. The Baaaaaaad Man, wasn't so bad. I fell asleep on the game. 10 3 was not what I expected. Can't wait for First Take tomorrow.

I wonder what AB really wants? I've seen divas but Brown has taken it to a new level. He may be mentally impaired.

I canceled Sunday Ticket. I wouldn't enjoy a game because I constantly switch games.


To early to tell if LaFleur's plan will work. If it's true the Packers want to run the ball more to take some pressure of A-Rod that was the wrong opponent to test it. The Bears run defense makes even good rushing teams look bad.

I don't think I'd miss Sunday ticket after the first few weeks. Too many Sundays spending 9-10 hours a day watching football.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51360
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Matt Lafluuuure (SAS) didn't make a difference. The Baaaaaaad Man, wasn't so bad. I fell asleep on the game. 10 3 was not what I expected. Can't wait for First Take tomorrow.

I wonder what AB really wants? I've seen divas but Brown has taken it to a new level. He may be mentally impaired.

I canceled Sunday Ticket. I wouldn't enjoy a game because I constantly switch games.


To early to tell if LaFleur's plan will work. If it's true the Packers want to run the ball more to take some pressure of A-Rod that was the wrong opponent to test it. The Bears run defense makes even good rushing teams look bad.

I don't think I'd miss Sunday ticket after the first few weeks. Too many Sundays spending 9-10 hours a day watching football.


Haven't tested it yet. I have Firestick. I think I can get the same games offered by Sunday Ticket.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 14953

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.

CTE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51360
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.

CTE?

That's a possibility. Unfortunately it can't be diagnosed until the subject is deceased.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryMagicKobe
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 28 Jul 2005
Posts: 14953

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.

CTE?

That's a possibility. Unfortunately it can't be diagnosed until the person is deceased.

There seem to be a lot of WRs who go off the rails at about the same point in their careers. Hard to believe it is a coincidence and AB has taken some serious shots to the head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51360
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.

CTE?

That's a possibility. Unfortunately it can't be diagnosed until the person is deceased.

There seem to be a lot of WRs who go off the rails at about the same point in their careers. Hard to believe it is a coincidence and AB has taken some serious shots to the head.

Like I posted, it's a possibility.

Quote:
The symptoms of CTE include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia. These symptoms often begin years or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

The Raiders either handled it perfectly by demonstrating there was going to be real consequences which woke him enough to realize he had pushed too far, and sought forgiveness from his team. He will stay on the right path this season.

OR

The Raiders blinked and signaled to AB he is too important and too valuable to have consequences for his actions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136819
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Matt Lafluuuure (SAS) didn't make a difference. The Baaaaaaad Man, wasn't so bad. I fell asleep on the game. 10 3 was not what I expected. Can't wait for First Take tomorrow.

I wonder what AB really wants? I've seen divas but Brown has taken it to a new level. He may be mentally impaired.

I canceled Sunday Ticket. I wouldn't enjoy a game because I constantly switch games.


To early to tell if LaFleur's plan will work. If it's true the Packers want to run the ball more to take some pressure of A-Rod that was the wrong opponent to test it. The Bears run defense makes even good rushing teams look bad.

I don't think I'd miss Sunday ticket after the first few weeks. Too many Sundays spending 9-10 hours a day watching football.


I got rid of Sunday Ticket for that reason, I need to get outside some. LaFleur showed his inexperience at the end of the game when instead of running the ball so that the Bears had to use TOS, he called a hitch pass that was incomplete, stopping the clock. The Bears ran 30-some consecutive pass plays to end the game. Their last rush call was with 10 minutes remaining in the third quarter. The loss falls squarely on the offensive play calling.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 51360
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling AB will stray. I also don't think this will go well in the locker room.

Opinion: Jon Gruden, Raiders send dangerous message by enabling Antonio Brown

LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I have a feeling AB will stray. I also don't think this will go well in the locker room.

Opinion: Jon Gruden, Raiders send dangerous message by enabling Antonio Brown

LINK


I would say history shows that this approach has a failure rate north of 80%. The guy has to be held back from physically attacking the General Manager, and used racially charged language. This was not a dust up on the field between two players, this was the General Manager....so in my opinion this should have been treated as a workplace incident with harsh penalty.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3564
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.

CTE?

That's a possibility. Unfortunately it can't be diagnosed until the person is deceased.

There seem to be a lot of WRs who go off the rails at about the same point in their careers. Hard to believe it is a coincidence and AB has taken some serious shots to the head.

Like I posted, it's a possibility.

Quote:
The symptoms of CTE include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia. These symptoms often begin years or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.


Or maybe he's just a tool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20560
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I have a feeling AB will stray. I also don't think this will go well in the locker room.

Opinion: Jon Gruden, Raiders send dangerous message by enabling Antonio Brown

LINK


Maybe, but he supposedly had the support of the team captains as he delivered his apology to the team. Whether it was taken well or not by the rest of the team, I have no idea.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20560
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
jodeke wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
So is Antonio Brown smoking crack or snorting coke?

Dude is a diva. Eff him. And I'm not even a Raider fan.

CTE?

That's a possibility. Unfortunately it can't be diagnosed until the person is deceased.

There seem to be a lot of WRs who go off the rails at about the same point in their careers. Hard to believe it is a coincidence and AB has taken some serious shots to the head.

Like I posted, it's a possibility.

Quote:
The symptoms of CTE include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia. These symptoms often begin years or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.


Or maybe he's just a tool.


Or maybe it's not CTE, but a mental disorder of some type, such as bipolar disorder.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 38604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I have a feeling AB will stray. I also don't think this will go well in the locker room.

Opinion: Jon Gruden, Raiders send dangerous message by enabling Antonio Brown

LINK


Maybe, but he supposedly had the support of the team captains as he delivered his apology to the team. Whether it was taken well or not by the rest of the team, I have no idea.


who are the Captains....I mean if Carr is one, then he could probably be wanted for murder, and Carr would still want his All Pro receiver out there. I have no real care or ill will against AB or the Raiders....hope it works out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 29418

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

AB just posted this on Youtube.

I sure hope Gruden was ok being recorded and publicly broadcasted.

https://youtu.be/uCH_NCZ7Ejs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 20560
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Matt Lafluuuure (SAS) didn't make a difference. The Baaaaaaad Man, wasn't so bad. I fell asleep on the game. 10 3 was not what I expected. Can't wait for First Take tomorrow.

I wonder what AB really wants? I've seen divas but Brown has taken it to a new level. He may be mentally impaired.

I canceled Sunday Ticket. I wouldn't enjoy a game because I constantly switch games.


To early to tell if LaFleur's plan will work. If it's true the Packers want to run the ball more to take some pressure of A-Rod that was the wrong opponent to test it. The Bears run defense makes even good rushing teams look bad.

I don't think I'd miss Sunday ticket after the first few weeks. Too many Sundays spending 9-10 hours a day watching football.


I got rid of Sunday Ticket for that reason, I need to get outside some. LaFleur showed his inexperience at the end of the game when instead of running the ball so that the Bears had to use TOS, he called a hitch pass that was incomplete, stopping the clock. The Bears ran 30-some consecutive pass plays to end the game. Their last rush call was with 10 minutes remaining in the third quarter. The loss falls squarely on the offensive play calling.


Yeah, and then the Packers ran on 3rd and long after the 2nd down pass! If you are going to throw on 2nd down, then you might as well throw--to try to end the game--on 3rd down, too. So what if you make them use a timeout, at that point. They still had one left. At that point, the difference of two timeouts vs. one is not worth as much as the chance that you can end the game with a pass. They definitely should have run on 2nd down and reassessed their options, but once you make the mistake of passing on 2nd down, then you need to continue the logic and at least try to end the game with a pass.
_________________
OK, no superteam, but we can still do this. Onward and upward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 1 of 76
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB