The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1159, 1160, 1161 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, are you a new poster or one that is resurrected?

Oh, so now you want to talk. Do me a favor, if you can’t have a conversation with me without resorting to accusations (Twice now), then just zip it. I never showed u disrespect. You took the lead on that one.
Thanks in advance

So you won't answer it...interesting. (two other posters mentioned it before, not me...)

I don’t think I’m going to respond to a 3rd accusation from you. Not really enjoying conversing with you. At all. Everyone else has been pretty welcoming so far. Can’t win em all.

Accusations? It's a simple question. And BVH and another long time poster asked. If you're new then just say it and welcome. If not...well.

Yes, I am new. And if you really mean that, then thank you.
We can start fresh, that’s cool with me 👍
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Oh, so now you want to talk. Do me a favor, if you can’t have a conversation with me without resorting to accusations (Twice now), then just zip it. I never showed u disrespect. You took the lead on that one.
Thanks in advance

So you won't answer it...interesting. (two other posters mentioned it before, not me...)

I don’t think I’m going to respond to a 3rd accusation from you. Not really enjoying conversing with you. At all. Everyone else has been pretty welcoming so far. Can’t win em all.

Accusations? It's a simple question. And BVH and another long time poster asked. If you're new then just say it and welcome. If not...well.

Um yes, that's all we were asking.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Um yes, that's all we were asking.

I thought I was being pretty fair in our exchange. Tell me where I went wrong.
Cause I could point out a few places where you did
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
NASCAR driver takes bizarre shot at LeBron James, NBA for player rest

Quote:
James' name was weirdly brought up by Keselowski as he was trying to make a point that private planes make it possible for them to spend time with family because they, unlike NBA players, don't get to take a race off without putting their careers at stake.

"I understand that most people might not get that concept, but most people aren't in the situation we're in as race car drivers that travel every week. We don't get to skip a week. We're not like LeBron James where we get to sit on the bench or stay home for a week or whatever it is from other sports. This is 38 weeks, and they will run the race without you. And your a-- will get fired if you don't show up. So that's really hard to explain to people. And it's very hard to explain to your wife and daughter when you miss something that's really special to them. Private aviation is a great way to try to fill those gaps. And we might get a black eye because of that, but it's something that I'm really passionate about and very thankful for."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nascar-driver-takes-bizarre-shot-at-lebron-james-nba-for-player-rest/ar-AAG81VZ?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

What an idiot. Why would a single driver expect load management?

But where was he wrong in his assessment? NBA players have far more freedom over their careers than NASCAR drivers, Yeah?
Why was he wrong in using the most famous NBA player to make the comparison?
I certainly don’t see how it’s a “shot” at LeBron. Maybe I’m missing something

He was wrong b/c the game of basketball is utterly different than NASCAR b/c it's a team sport. Only one person drives the car so of course, that person is the whole show for a NASCAR team. Meanwhile in basketball, you have 15 players on your roster so a player can take 10-12 games off a year to load manage. Kawhi certainly did it, won a championship, and folks didn't seem to have an issue with it.

The NASCAR guy was off in using NBA players as a comparison. He should have used another single player sport. Use a tennis player or track star.

Fair enough. Still don’t see how it’s somehow disrespectful towards LeBron

"Bizarre shot" is what the article's headline says. I think it is bizarre given the vast differences b/w NASCAR and basketball. Why single him out?

So taking a shot at someone, bizarre or otherwise, is not considered disrespectful now?? James is the most famous athlete in all of sports, perhaps. That may be a reason he was “singled out”, as you put it Lol

Here’s the entire exchange (before u switched subjects entirely)
I use phrases like, “Fair enough” and “Maybe I’m missing something”.
You, on the other hand, proceed to tell me I’m “putting words in your mouth” instead of answering a simple question and then try to tell me I’m the one escalating the conversation, Lol.
It’s all right here. Pretty irrefutable 🤷‍♂️
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
So taking a shot at someone, bizarre or otherwise, is not considered disrespectful now?? James is the most famous athlete in all of sports, perhaps. That may be a reason he was “singled out”, as you put it Lol

Look. I didn't make up the headline. I just pointed out how bizarre it is to compare NBA/NASCAR. And why did he have to compare himself to LBJ of all people? You don't find it a bit strange? I never used the word disrespectful. That is something you are putting in my mouth.

Here’s your part
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Look. I didn't make up the headline. I just pointed out how bizarre it is to compare NBA/NASCAR. And why did he have to compare himself to LBJ of all people? You don't find it a bit strange? I never used the word disrespectful. That is something you are putting in my mouth.

I don’t see how I’m doing that.
I merely asked why anyone would think the comments were a shot at LeBron.
Thought I was pretty clear and simple on that. You chose to reply by using the logic that “bizarre shot” could mean anything other than a disrespectful comment, in reality. Not sure why you would accuse me of putting words in your mouth when the only words I referenced were from the article itself

Clearly you are passionate about this. I am not. Nice talk.

And then again, here you are running from the argument you were trying to fashion and topping it all off with condescension.
Love to hear you piece this together and end up blaming me for why the conversation devolved. I’ll wait
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Sigh. Welcome to LG. Good lord.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sigh. Welcome to LG. Good lord.

Good. Now that we got that out of the way, how ‘bout we talk some basketball and keep the mind reading to a minimum? Thanks
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkeys at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.

You think he already would have, huh?
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkeys at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.

I mean, I've never seen anyone so obsessed with their image than lebron, and let's be honest, half the Laker fanbase doesn't want him here. I would think that doing some of the things I mentioned could only help.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:

I mean, I've never seen anyone so obsessed with their image than lebron, and let's be honest, half the Laker fanbase doesn't want him here. I would think that doing some of the things I mentioned could only help.

Seems like a big missed opportunity. And an obvious one, at that. Strange
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:

Lebron spends his money and time doing a huge amount of philanthropic work. You two spend your time coming online to do a circle-jerk to complain about him.

And you think Lebron is the loser in this drama going on in your heads?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:

Lebron spends his money and time doing a huge amount of philanthropic work. You two spend your time coming online to do a circle-jerk to complain about him.

And you think Lebron is the loser in this drama going on in your heads?

What are you talking about man?? Are you calling us losers? Is that kinda talk allowed on this site? If so, just let me know the rules of the game Lol
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

^
I am saying lebron does a huge amount of charity work. And for you to complain he's not doing enough demonstrates a puzzling obsession for the guy.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
^
I am saying lebron does a huge amount of charity work. And for you to complain he's not doing enough demonstrates a puzzling obsession for the guy.

The other poster was questioning why LeBron hasn’t shown himself to the fans more, at least that’s what I took from it. And to me it seemed like a good PR move that hasn’t really been explored. Don’t know why that made you so upset. Sheesh.
You sure the obsession is on my end?
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:

What are you guys talking about? Didn't Lebron just headline the Lakers Youth Foundation event? It doesn't mean you haven't heard of it, it didn't happen.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:

What are you guys talking about? Didn't Lebron just headline the Lakers Youth Foundation event? It doesn't mean you haven't heard of it, it didn't happen.

I guess I missed it in the news. Obviously the point I was making is incorrect. Thanks for the update 👍
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
twisted wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
kwase wrote:

I guess I missed it in the news. Obviously the point I was making is incorrect. Thanks for the update 👍

No worries my man.

As an aside, Lebron is one pretty charitable dude. I read somewhere before that he has donated almost $100M to charities. Up to 20% of his estimated wealth. Besides the cash, the time and effort he puts into it is commendable. I mean, there are many things I can complain about the dude as a basketball player and as a businessman. But as a human being giving back to the community, can't say enough good things about him.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Is lebron ever going to do a meet and greet with the fans? Perhaps a mini-basketball camp for kids in L.A.'s inner cities, give away turkey dinners at Thanksgiving to the homeless in downtown or Christmas gifts for kids in East L.A., Compton and Watts? Anything to say thank you for welcoming me to your city? I can't ever remember having a star here that didn't give back to our community in some way, shape or form.

Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

1) This NASCAR thing is dumb.

2) However poorly phrased, always support labor over owners even if it's wealthy NASCAR drivers over super wealthy NASCAR owners.

3) Lebron doesn't have to greet Lakers fans until he's at the championship parade. Dude is a mercenary, so embrace him as such.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:

Yeah, charity and community involvement are the last thing to criticize about LBJ.

Most of his stuff is centered around Northeast Ohio - to the tune of millions per year - with his I Promise Schools and health clinics, etc., but he's doing major stuff in LA, too.

What impresses me most, however, is his willingness to address social justice matters. Michael Jordan and the guys of his era stayed away from social commentary for fear it would impact their brand. LBJ, Steph Curry and some others have made social justice activism a part of their brands and do not seem to be suffering from a lack of endorsement cash.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:

Why should he be thanking fans for ‘welcoming him’? If anything we should be thanking him for coming here with no 2nd star, and now bringing AD with him.

Yep. Some Laker fans still think they're doing him the favor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:

He isn't doing fans any favors.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
kwase wrote:

He isn't doing fans any favors.

That is an absurd thing to say. Hes an All Time great who brought along another star to our bumbling organization that can't do anything right except be in Los Angeles. If fans want to let their weird LeBron hangups get in the way of enjoying having one of the GOATs play for their team I feel sorry for them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1159, 1160, 1161 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1160 of 2079
Jump to: