OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3680, 3681, 3682 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
deal wrote:
laker50 wrote:
Noah has never won a NBA championship.
So he may be hungry to win one before he retires.

Noah is worthless at this stage.

You must not have actually watched him on the Grizz. He was surprisingly spry and effective in 40+ games (once he was signed in December 2018). Was a solid rotation player for 17mpg, which is exactly what we need.

I don't mind Noah, but I would take Dwight. More effective and durable the last 4 years.

Noah:
2016 29 games
2017 46 games
2018 7 games
2019 42 games

Dwight:
2016 71 games
2017 74 games
2018 81 games
2019 9 games

And if you watch recent videos of Dwight he's in great shape and jumping extremely high. Noah not so much.

Noah has never been a leaper. And it's never been a question of that for me as Dwight is of course a more imposing athlete. It's what he does to locker rooms that concerns me.

I get you...I think he's really been humbled (7 teams in 9 years). The end is nearing. He's been saying the right things..."I just want to contribute. Whatever a team wants me to do I'll do." etc. IMO I think the risk is worth the potential reward.

My only problem is that he claims to be humbled every summer and then the team that signed him is thrilled when he exits the team. We have a good locker room and I don't want him messing with that chemistry.

Which is sad b/c on paper, his talent is of course better than Noah's. But Noah is a better fit temperament wise and his play of 40+ games on the Grizz really impressed me last year.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

[Comment removed. I dealt with the other offensive post. -CL]
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

If you could play NBA2K with "chemistry" mode turned off, yeah, you would go with Dwight. But in real life, chemistry is so important. These guys spend SO much time together on the road, in practices, etc.

Dwight has a strong reputation now of a guy that you don't want in your locker room. He will be hard pressed to explain why things are now suddenly "different" for him.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
deal wrote:
laker50 wrote:

You must not have actually watched him on the Grizz. He was surprisingly spry and effective in 40+ games (once he was signed in December 2018). Was a solid rotation player for 17mpg, which is exactly what we need.

I don't mind Noah, but I would take Dwight. More effective and durable the last 4 years.

Noah:
2016 29 games
2017 46 games
2018 7 games
2019 42 games

Dwight:
2016 71 games
2017 74 games
2018 81 games
2019 9 games

And if you watch recent videos of Dwight he's in great shape and jumping extremely high. Noah not so much.

Noah has never been a leaper. And it's never been a question of that for me as Dwight is of course a more imposing athlete. It's what he does to locker rooms that concerns me.

I get you...I think he's really been humbled (7 teams in 9 years). The end is nearing. He's been saying the right things..."I just want to contribute. Whatever a team wants me to do I'll do." etc. IMO I think the risk is worth the potential reward.

My only problem is that he claims to be humbled every summer and then the team that signed him is thrilled when he exits the team. We have a good locker room and I don't want him messing with that chemistry.

Which is sad b/c on paper, his talent is of course better than Noah's. But Noah is a better fit temperament wise and his play of 40+ games on the Grizz really impressed me last year.

Give me a player any day (Noah) that has accepted his role for years vs one (Howard) that says the same thing and does not show any change in philosophy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
deal wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Noah:
2016 29 games
2017 46 games
2018 7 games
2019 42 games

Dwight:
2016 71 games
2017 74 games
2018 81 games
2019 9 games

Give me a player any day (Noah) that has accepted his role for years vs one (Howard) that says the same thing and does not show any change in philosophy.

Yup. People are still "hoping" Dwight becomes what Noah is already (role and mentality wise). Noah showed that with the Grizz last year. People who just say that Noah is washed up tell me they didn't bother watching him at all last season.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

The backup center signed should:
1. Be good teammate, not cause distraction.
2. Not big chance for injury
3. good defender, +/1 at zero is ok
4 center is main position

Not many left who fit.
Noah seems to fit the best if he will sign.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Honestly think it's easier for someone who is living in a $200k house to be content with living in a $180k house (Noah).

Try convincing Dwight that he has to move from his $5m house (in his mind that's what he thinks his game is worth) to a $180k house.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Please, sign Noah already.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

I think it's possible Dwight can grow. Maybe he would love competing with Javale for that Center #1 spot - you know, on the monthly basis - one guy plays well for some time and gets 22mpg..Then Javale goes in his funk and it's Dwight's month. Maybe he grows to love the veteran/champion chasing role.. He's never really had it. A leadership type role. But if that's what we're looking for, Noah seems more seamless and a sure thing to be galvanizing.. Charlotte Dwight was good.. but I'm still not sure he can be a guy who gets a decent amount of playoff minutes.. Noah either of course. just gotta be optimistic on either..they have a chance to help one way or another
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Dwight Howard is on my flight to LA, for all the Lakers fanatics speculating.

https://twitter.com/everette/status/1164188166124974080?s=21
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Honestly think it's easier for someone who is living in a $200k house to be content with living in a $180k house (Noah).

Try convincing Dwight that he has to move from his $5m house (in his mind that's what he thinks his game is worth) to a $180k house.

U r overthinking this whole thing
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm trying to explain to people who think Dwight is a great idea...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

By now, the pro-Dwight people and the anti-Dwight people have tuned each other out.

We're at the stage of the discussion where people on both sides are preaching to the choir and boring everyone else.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Listen...in the end...whoever has the best work out, is healthiest, and good attitude ...should get the spot. I'm hoping it's Dwight cuz he's obviously the best player. Hopefully he says the right things and has the right attitude. If Noah has the best attitude but can barely tough the rim...sorry this isn't a pitty spot. We actually need someone who can guard bigs like Embid (if we get to the finals) and Jokic for 15-20 minutes.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Is it a private flight we can track?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

IKR....He actually lives in LA..his kids go to school here. Another reason I think he should be motivated and in his best behavior to play here.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

We will need to confirm the number of passengers on the plane, weight of the plane, etc. to get it right ...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Here it is investigator epak

https://www.flightview.com/airport/LAX-Los_Angeles-CA/

Seriously, a good psychoanalysis would be to have Dwight workout against Kobe.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Noah still looks pretty good tbh and he knows his role. The thing that had me most excited about Cousins was his passing and shooting. Dwight can't help with these things. Team Noah.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Joakim Noah
Why it might work
After a sad end to his tenure with the Knicks, Noah experienced something of a rebirth in Memphis last season, averaging 7.1 points and 5.7 rebounds in 16.5 minutes per game. After Marc Gasol was shipped off to Toronto for Jonas Valanciunas, Noah was even better, tallying 11.3 points on 55 percent shooting and 7.8 rebounds a night in an increased role.

Of the three candidates, Noah is the strongest interior defensive presence. He logged 1.6 blocks per 36 minutes last season, along with 1.0 steals and 12.4 boards. And unlike Howard, he isn’t a major liability at the free throw line, shooting a career 70 percent from the stripe. He may not present the ceiling Howard does, but he’s got a higher floor. For a team with two superstars in the frontcourt already, that might be enough.
]

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/8/21/20826932/los-angeles-lakers-demarcus-cousins-dwight-howard-joakim-noah
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Noah still looks pretty good tbh and he knows his role. The thing that had me most excited about Cousins was his passing and shooting. Dwight can't help with these things. Team Noah.

I agree I believe Noah will give you an excellent effort on both sides, and you won't have any locker room issues. Watching Howard laugh on the bech while the team was being abused made me sick! I don't think I can handle that again as a fan. We need someone who can be all out for the team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
deal wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Noah:
2016 29 games
2017 46 games
2018 7 games
2019 42 games

Dwight:
2016 71 games
2017 74 games
2018 81 games
2019 9 games

Google his name and “humbled” and there are 5-6 years worth of quotes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

I think ceiling vs. floor is the apt way to summarize Howard v. Noah. At this point I care more about the floor than a mid-30 year old player's "ceiling."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Please, sign Noah already.

Perhaps he isn’t interested?
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If you could play NBA2K with "chemistry" mode turned off, yeah, you would go with Dwight. But in real life, chemistry is so important. These guys spend SO much time together on the road, in practices, etc.

Dwight has a strong reputation now of a guy that you don't want in your locker room. He will be hard pressed to explain why things are now suddenly "different" for him.

Have to agree with this post.
This version of Dwight Howard does not bring the upside of 10 years ago.
And it would be better to keep the locker room in good spirits.
Noah would be first choice by a large margin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3680, 3681, 3682 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3681 of 8560
Jump to: