OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 551, 552, 553 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I hope it doesn't come to this but:
Kyle Kuzma says he’s willing to play more minutes at center after DeMarcus Cousins injury

Kuz says he’ll be ready if Frank Vogel asks him to play center next season ...lobbying for PT.. yes, no, maybe??? ...

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/8/16/20808996/lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-backcup-center-demarcus-cousins-injury-usa-basketball
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheLakerWorld/status/1162618344672915457?s=19

“@kylekuzma’s best play wasn’t a basket, a rebound or assist. It was a shot he didn’t take, one that caused Team USA coach Popovich to throw two hands in the air in celebration before pointing at his head.”

H/T: @pickuphoop | @LATimes
https://t.co/JV1ZLWtOZj

What shot was this?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
3baller wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheLakerWorld/status/1162618344672915457?s=19

“@kylekuzma’s best play wasn’t a basket, a rebound or assist. It was a shot he didn’t take, one that caused Team USA coach Popovich to throw two hands in the air in celebration before pointing at his head.”

H/T: @pickuphoop | @LATimes
https://t.co/JV1ZLWtOZj

What shot was this?

Looked like he was gonna force a layup attempt into a potentially clogged lane but pulled it back out instead and fed a teammate for a floater. Pretty freaking basic play Lol. Doesn’t deserve Too big a cookie 😆
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
I wish Pop started him

Pop understands he's a bench player. He brings energy off the bench.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

There is a LG tradition with hating on a current Laker, usually someone on a rookie deal or bottom five of the rotation. In full disclosure, my list of personal posts includes disparaging remarks about Bynum, Brian Grant, Randle, and maybe somewhat of BI. As to the first two, it was about personality and lack of trying g to earn their big contract. The last two, mainly their inability to hit shots outside the restricted area.

Kuzma seems to be the whipping boy this year. People upset about the several other young players let go, and Kuzma is still standing. He is the only young player that has well exceeded draft expectations and payout of play versus contract.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Noticeably already more aggressive on the boards with just a few days of competent coaching.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Vogel is supposed to be a defensive guy, so I think that aides Kuzma’s game.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
There is a LG tradition with hating on a current Laker, usually someone on a rookie deal or bottom five of the rotation. In full disclosure, my list of personal posts includes disparaging remarks about Bynum, Brian Grant, Randle, and maybe somewhat of BI. As to the first two, it was about personality and lack of trying g to earn their big contract. The last two, mainly their inability to hit shots outside the restricted area.

Kuzma seems to be the whipping boy this year. People upset about the several other young players let go, and Kuzma is still standing. He is the only young player that has well exceeded draft expectations and payout of play versus contract.

He’s pretty much put the target on himself with all the talking he’s done. Saying how other young kids were shook from trade rumors (even though he was most affected) and how he wants to be 3rd star on this team (pre boogie injury). Him sucking up to Jeanie/bron/klutch also rubbed people the wrong way
samkosei5
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
DLaker wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
How terrible is this guy, watching him on team USA makes me cringe

He wasn't that bad lol.. Was he impressive.. no. But I think he'll get better as he adjusts.

Watch the whole game and Kuz played very well. He rotated and helped properly, didn’t force any shot and played well defensively. +13 for the game and he sucks lol, best +- in the team

I watched the game and no I wasn’t impressed. Quoting single game plus/minus is lame.

https://twitter.com/bengolliver/status/1162583567999754241?s=21

No one is a bigger Kuz hater than you. Not one semblance of neutrality or objectivity. It’s quite obvious but do you and keep hating on your own player.

I wear the Kuz hater badge with honor, so yes I’ll keep “hating” until he proves me wrong and becomes an okay/average player. Currently tho, he’s trash until proven otherwise.

Dang!! Someone is triggered.
samkosei5
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
h2omike wrote:

He’s pretty much put the target on himself with all the talking he’s done. Saying how other young kids were shook from trade rumors (even though he was most affected) and how he wants to be 3rd star on this team (pre boogie injury). Him sucking up to Jeanie/bron/klutch also rubbed people the wrong way

I'll grant you that he's done a lot of talking, but he's young so chalk it up to immaturity. It'll rub people the wrong way only if you were already predisposed to not liking him in the first place. We have a phrase in my language ( I wish I could write it) but it generally means that you're so upset at someone that whatever he does will always make you see red.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kylekuzma/status/1163970221742256130?s=21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zGzMQm5bg

Noticeably already more aggressive on the boards with just a few days of competent coaching.

He always does that. Small stretches of passing/rebounding/defending. Then he stops.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

nice 1v1 work Kuz vs Tatum and Brown. Kuz too big and too long for these guys; crazy he's a bad defender.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

I haven't been following team usa stuff...what is the general consensus on Kuz?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

samkosei5 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
h2omike wrote:

I'll grant you that he's done a lot of talking, but he's young so chalk it up to immaturity. It'll rub people the wrong way only if you were already predisposed to not liking him in the first place. We have a phrase in my language ( I wish I could write it) but it generally means that you're so upset at someone that whatever he does will always make you see red.

Lmao 🤣 immaturity at age 24, I wish our younger 19 year olds were allowed to be this immature without getting flaks for it. Bottom line is he is not a team player, that’s not immaturity it’s selfishness, hope he proves me wrong next season but I won’t hold my breath. I still see him going 1 on 3 on fast breaks only to turn the ball over in an embarrassing fashion
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

Wait, what's the immaturity that we are talking about here?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

With Cousins out, he's gonna get 5 more shots a game that he wouldn't have got otherwise.
Kid's gonna eat. Production will be there. Efficiency is the question mark.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
With Cousins out, he's gonna get 5 more shots a game that he wouldn't have got otherwise.
Kid's gonna eat. Production will be there. Efficiency is the question mark.

And defense. But I'm rooting for Kuz even though he was the most expendable out of Lonzo/BI/#4.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

Tatum is a stick compared to Kuz. But Tatum is expected to play some 4. Kuz gotta get it together on defense
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://youtu.be/zjn_zGSoMOc?t=63 Tatum is a stick compared to Kuz. But Tatum is expected to play some 4. Kuz gotta get it together on defense

Kuz's defense showed improvement all throughout last season. If he continues that improvement he will be an avg defender this year. His stroke and touch is already looking better too. Kuz with his rookie yr 3pt % and avg D is borderline all star.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

Kuz's form does look much better.

I think he can be a big SF defender if he can learn better technique (especially not hopping around so much which makes him prone to be crossed over or beat off the dribble). He has a decent frame and lateral quickness. If he doesn't fancy himself as a great scorer, and endeavors to be a 2 way player, no reason he can't physically do it. He needs to improve the defensive IQ.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://youtu.be/zjn_zGSoMOc?t=63 Tatum is a stick compared to Kuz. But Tatum is expected to play some 4. Kuz gotta get it together on defense

Tatum looking like Kobe offensively. Once he polishes up and becomes more efficient, he's gonna be a problem.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Tatum looking like Kobe offensively. Once he polishes up and becomes more efficient, he's gonna be a problem.

watch the full vid. I'm a Tatum believer but he underwhelmed here to me and Kuz was the won it to me
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

watch the full vid. I'm a Tatum believer but he underwhelmed here to me and Kuz was the won it to me

I watched the whole video. Tatum impressed me more than kuz. Kuz hit more jumpers, and used his size, but Tatum had more creating moves to get his jumper. More arsenal to his offensive repertoire. He was doing fake spin - fade away, head fake fade away, fake shot drive, jab step fade away, etc... He was doing some of Kobe's patton moves. Once he is able to finish, he's gonna be a problem. He's gonna need dedication to his craft and repetition. Tatum showed his potential here if he works on his craft. He also was good on defense.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I watched the whole video. Tatum impressed me more than kuz. Kuz hit more jumpers, and used his size, but Tatum had more creating moves to get his jumper. He was doing fake spin - fade away, head fake fade away, fake shot drive, jab step fade away, etc... He was doing some of Kobe's patton moves. Once he is able to finish, he's gonna be a problem. He's gonna need dedication to his craft and repetition. Tatum showed his potential here if he works on his craft.

Tatum got going.. I just watched the whole thing; just the other video was a couple minutes and didn't have Kuz' best moments. Tatum is without a doubt more 'skilled' than Kuz.. he deserved his draft slot, he's a blue chip kind of prospect. Kuz being in his ballpark as a player is a testament to Kuz and also a condemning of Tatum's coaching/IQ... idek if Kuz is in his ballpark at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was after this season, with the way his J is looking.
In short, Kuz has combo forward skills, Tatum has elite wing skills for age... no arguing those points imo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 551, 552, 553 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 552 of 880
Jump to: