THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1666, 1667, 1668 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

https://tinyurl.com/yyz7jv3m

(Failing) NY Times article/video re Flordia panthers with a disease that's crippling them. Sad to see. Big cats seem to be susceptible to various bugs. I remember a show about a disabling cross-species big cat disease in Africa that seems to makes affected cats more violent in captivity and more likely to prey on humans (rather than more difficult prey animals) in the wild. There was a sanctuary that wound up with all of their big cats of various species with the same disease and, iirc, they think it might've been transferred to the cats by a feral animal that got into an enclosure and was torn to bits.

Anyway, a subject made more timely by Trump wanting to roll back endangered species protections.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

My interest was piqued when I read this headline at Kos:

An Asian, An Arab, And A Jew Walked Into An Operating Room

The very first sentence of the article completed a poignant and topical thought:

And proceeded to save my life…
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
The vaccine issue comes as dozens of families that were separated at the US-Mexico border prepare to sue the federal government, including several that say their young children were abused — sexually, physically, or emotionally — in federally funded foster care.

Those allegations are included in at least 38 legal claims, according to the Associated Press news agency, which was able to access some lawsuits before they were made public.

All of those suits together could leave American taxpayers liable for around $200m (£165m) in damages.

LINK

I'm disgusted.but not surprised.

Every MOTHER and FATHER in America should be MADASHELL and (bleep) do something about it

Reading these words SEXUALLY MOLESTING KIDNAPPED IMMIGRANT CHILDREN makes me want to drive to a capitol building and grab someone by their neck and DEMAND they (bleep) do something about this (bleep)

Why cannot Americans look at the body of Trumps work in America and see he IS and HAS BEEN SINCE DAY ONE A (bleep) TERRORIST

I am not high IQ but it is plain as day when you look at everything he has done to America..

#TRUMPISATERRORIST

#MCCONNELLISATERRORIST

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
https://tinyurl.com/yyz7jv3m

(Failing) NY Times article/video re Flordia panthers with a disease that's crippling them. Sad to see. Big cats seem to be susceptible to various bugs. I remember a show about a disabling cross-species big cat disease in Africa that seems to makes affected cats more violent in captivity and more likely to prey on humans (rather than more difficult prey animals) in the wild. There was a sanctuary that wound up with all of their big cats of various species with the same disease and, iirc, they think it might've been transferred to the cats by a feral animal that got into an enclosure and was torn to bits.

Anyway, a subject made more timely by Trump wanting to roll back endangered species protections.

#TrumpIsaTERRORIST

I always feel like something.. maybe capitalism... ended the evolution of the human spirit and heart.. Humans still have little idea what Earth meant to us.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

The very first sentence of the article completed a poignant and topical thought:

Reminded me of a diversity commercial I saw on the television. The skinhead is being rolled into the Emergency Room on the stretcher and the african american nurse sees his tattoos but still proceeds to give him the best care she can.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

So, Trumps team commits Human Atrocities..

Making many people very angry

His Base will look the other way because those are not white people

The Angry people will begin demanding change

The Racists will see it as attacking Trump and will defend Trump while
still not recognizing all his evils..

I will go back and check out the topics Larry gave me. Humans are not born this way..
Soap and beds are not essential for detained migrant children says Trump lawyer
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

I read DAILY KOS. I like what I read. Am I biased, YES!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

With news coming out that Trump wants to hold migrant children indefinitely. This scene from HBO's Years and Years is apropos:

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Well at least he also retweeted someone who called him king of the Jews and a living god to Israelis.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Well at least he also retweeted someone who called him king of the Jews and a living god to Israelis.

Can you say malignant narcissist with a side of megalomania? What's more frightening is the bulk of his followers who actually believe this deranged nonsense.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Can you say malignant narcissist with a side of megalomania? What's more frightening is the bulk of his followers who actually believe this deranged nonsense.

More frightening than that, he may win reelection.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

And he's proclaimed himself the 'chosen one' as he looked to the sky, while discussing the trade war with China.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/21/i-am-the-chosen-one-trump-proclaims-as-he-defends-china-trade-war.html
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Maddow had a frightening segment on last night about a Chinese religious cult (who started a media company "The Epoch Times.") that is spending millions in online propaganda and "news" ads supporting Trump because they believe he will bring about the fall of the Chinese government and release them from their religious oppression by the Chinese government. They they have spent more money than the Trump campaign on Facebook ad for this election cycle. And because they have built an "American" media company around this lunacy, it's all perfectly legal.

CNBC: Trump, QAnon and an impending judgment day: Behind the Facebook-fueled rise of The Epoch Times

So of course, Trump Jr. retweets their fringe craziness and Republican congressman sit down to give them seemingly legitimate "interviews" which are streamed to your Fox watching older relatives on the Epoch youtube channel -- which apparently has a larger audience than most network and cable news show.

So (bleep) scary.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

We learn in medical school . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

We learn in medical school . . .

We need to rewrite the job description and requirements for running for and/or winning the presidency. Baseline should be passing a psych exam, physical exam (including drug testing), full release of all financial and school records, pass an FBI background check and security clearance application.

Trump would have failed them all.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
But some Nazi's are very fine people.

It's infiltrating our schools.

California High School Students Seen Giving 'Heil Hitler' Salute, Singing Nazi Marching Song

LINK

Quote:
Video appearing to show a group of California high school students giving the Nazi salute has surfaced.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Trending on Twitter:

#25thAmendmentNow
#KingOfIsrael
#AntiChrist

I just want this ride to end.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

Okay, here is new video from the Rose Garden with Trump at the microphones, he turns to look at the sky and proclaims, "I am the chosen one!" This is not a joke. This is not the onion. He just did this.

https://twitter.com/minhtngo/status/1164233053759131648
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Okay, here is new video from the Rose Garden with Trump at the microphones, he turns to look at the sky and proclaims, "I am the chosen one!" This is not a joke. This is not the onion. He just did this.

I preface this with I AM NOT A TRUMP SUPPORTER.

To be fair he was talking about he was the chosen one for fixing the trade deficit with China.

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Andrew Yang wants to employ blockchain in voting. “It’s ridiculous that in 2020 we are still standing in line for hours to vote in antiquated voting booths. It is 100% technically possible to have fraud proof voting on our mobile phone...”

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/modernize-voting/

The only technology literate candidate running for President.

You would want a permissioned blockchain running PoA in order for it to truly work. The contracts would have to be designed and deployed on the network for it to be even remotely usable on an enterprise grade.

I do agree that that is something we must do and I think it would be neat.

The problem is also though, top of the funnel, where voter suppression hurts a ton, as well as gerrymandering. Those are the big elephants in the room while this is more of a guarantee of correctness (as well as having the ability to vote from your mobile device.)
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

this Trump tweet about Denmark is embarassing... again
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

To be fair he was talking about he was the chosen one for fixing the trade deficit with China.

If you don't think he was tying that into the recent comments that say he was chosen by God, you are foolish or off your rocker.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

If you don't think he was tying that into the recent comments that say he was chosen by God, you are foolish or off your rocker.

Exactly. He is escalating this nonsense on purpose. Just like when he "jokes" about being president for a third or fourth term. He's only half-joking. He's telling you what he actually believes/wants to happen. "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue...and they would still support me." He is both expressing what he believes (delusionally) about himself and planting seeds for his cult followers. He a (bleep) sicko who sadly will never get what he really deserves. I'll leave it there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm not foolish nor am I off my rocker. That insulation is insulting but true to the DMR personality, be insulting.

He was talking about the trade deficit to obfuscate that is doing what Trump does, veil the truth.

Does he want to be King, YES, does he think he's the chosen one, YES, in this instance was he talking about the trade deficit, YES.

Understanding that does not make one foolish or off his rocker, it makes one fair.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
this Trump tweet about Denmark is embarassing... again

It's just an excuse to get out of making the trip. Someone else is going to be visiting there a couple weeks later and the contrast between how each of them are received would be...noticeable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1666, 1667, 1668 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1667 of 3673
Jump to: