Lakers bench back up plan, possible free agents

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the best projected replacement for Cousins?
Andre Iquodala
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Jamal Crawford
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Thabo Sefolosha
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Channing Frye
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Iman Shumpert
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Lakers bench back up plan, possible free agents

Losing Cousins for most of the regular season to a ACL injury is unfortunate, however it isnt a MCL, and he can make it back before the playoffs, a good game plan is to switch gears and add a complimentary player for LBJ and AD, size isnt a concern, so adding wing D and 3 wont go out of style...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers bench back up plan, possible free agents

LakerFan1977 wrote:
Losing Cousins for most of the regular season to a ACL injury is unfortunate, however it isnt a MCL, and he can make it back before the playoffs, a good game plan is to switch gears and add a complimentary player for LBJ and AD, size isnt a concern, so adding wing D and 3 wont go out of style...

If you're the Lakers, you can't go into the season assuming Cousins will be in playing shape by the playoffs.

The Lakers will need another big name. If we add a 3-and-d guy too, that's fine, but I don't think these two ideas are related.
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers bench back up plan, possible free agents

activeverb wrote:
LakerFan1977 wrote:

If you're the Lakers, you can't go into the season assuming Cousins will be in playing shape by the playoffs.

The Lakers will need another big name. If we add a 3-and-d guy too, that's fine, but I don't think these two ideas are related.

They are related to bench players who can bring a contribution that if you throw them into a game they can give you quality minutes with chemistry considerations, none of them are 6"11, you cant teach size, but they do have skill sets that bring a championship mentality to the team.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Channing officially retired.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers bench back up plan, possible free agents

activeverb wrote:
LakerFan1977 wrote:

How big of a name? Kostas Antetokounmpo has a pretty big name.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Mo speights
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

Manimal kenneth Faried
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Not one of these is a replacement for Boogie.. there is no such thing. When fully healthy, Boogie was a top 3 center. Even last years Boogie was a big X factor that no other team could really match when paired with AD.

Our bench depth is terribly unbalanced right now...

McGee | Boogie**
AD | Kuzma | Dudley
LeBron
Green | KCP | Daniels | THT
Bradley | Rondo | Cook | Caruso

No backup C, no back up SF. KCP can slide down to the point and AB can slide up the the 2. Don't trust either to get big mins a the 3. Daniels and Cook are both SG in PG bodies.

Why they went so heavy on guards I have no idea when you knew Kawhi and PG were going to be on the same team but I feel like someone is going to have to get waived (Daniels) in order to make the spot needed for a big and a SF.

Hoping and praying Iggy is bought out as we need a defensive wing and that would give us our closing lineup: Davis/Kuz/Iggy/Green/Bron. But we also need a big.. badly. I think despite his size, Faried is the best option by a healthy margin. His energy and hustle is crazy.

So my suggestion for now: cut Daniels and sign Minimal and wait for Iggy. I'm also very curious to see what happens with guys like Tristan Thompson. That would be ideal.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

So my suggestion for now: cut Daniels and sign Minimal and wait for Iggy. I'm also very curious to see what happens with guys like Tristan Thompson. That would be ideal.

We still have a roster slot open and might get another for Cousins if he gets an injury exception. No reason to cut anyone unless we have someone we want to replace them with.

My guess is the Lakers will sign a big, and then experiment with Dudley, Caldwell-Pope, and maybe Green at SF at times.

All you can do with the Iggys and Thompsons is hope they get bought out, and then hope they choose us after meeting with all the contenders who will want them.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers bench back up plan, possible free agents

Staccatos wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerFan1977 wrote:

How big of a name? Kostas Antetokounmpo has a pretty big name.

Ha! Got me. I meant will need another big man.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers bench back up plan, possible free agents

LakerFan1977 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerFan1977 wrote:

They are related to bench players who can bring a contribution that if you throw them into a game they can give you quality minutes with chemistry considerations, none of them are 6"11, you cant teach size, but they do have skill sets that bring a championship mentality to the team.

Everyone on the list is a solid veteran and I would be fine with having them on the team. I don't know if any of them is really necessary. They all have age, injury, availability and other issues that make them question marks. But that's going to be true of any free agent at this point.

I do think we need another big. Other than that, I am fine with going into the season with our current roster and seeing how it works before we tweak more.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Dwight Howard
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: