The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1146, 1147, 1148 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Klutch Loves LA.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

LeBron James has played in 1,437 games in his 16 years in the NBA between the regular season and the playoffs.

In 1,436 of those games, James was in the starting lineup, but for one game in December 2007, he decided to come off of the bench to help a teammate.

Cavaliers head coach Mike Brown planned on starting James that game, but the 22-year-old superstar asked to come off the bench. LeBron wanted to enter the game at the same time as teammate Anderson Varejao. At the time, Varejao had just ended a contentious holdout with the team, playing his first game of the season with the Cavaliers after signing a three-year, $17 million contract.

"I thought it would raise the intensity of the fans, having me, Larry and Andy come into the game at the same time - and it worked," James told the media after the game, per McCormack. "I thought by coming in with Andy, it might stop some of the boos Andy might get."

Rather than starting, James, Varejao, and guard Larry Hughes, who was also returning from injury, checked into the game with 5:59 remaining in the first quarter and Cleveland holding a 15-11 lead.

"(I was) just protecting my teammates," James said.

As it turns out, James was right. The trio of James, Varejao, and Larry Hughes - who also took the court at the same time - immediately sparked a 13-0 run, and the Cavaliers won without ever giving up the lead.

It was the first - and last - time James came off the bench at any level.

"That was one and done for me," James said after the game. "I will not be coming off the bench anymore."

The anecdote is another example of the understanding James has of his place in the league and the power he has to help those around him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lebron-james-came-off-the-bench-once-in-his-career-and-he-did-it-to-protect-a-teammate-from-being-booed/ar-AAEpsDA
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron running plays with Anthony Davis, Boogie, and Kuzma in 2K

https://twitter.com/lalebron23/status/1151673816260759552?s=21
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Just saw his IG post... Look like he’s definitely on a mission. He looks like he slimming down. Can’t wait!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Just saw his IG post... Look like he’s definitely on a mission. He looks like he slimming down. Can’t wait!

Shh don't tell this to people with four decades of bandwagon
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Some nice bonding between LBJ and AD. I am glad to see that. I hope LBJ can be x factor for him to sign long term contract next summer.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

I’m looking forward to seeing horns with LBJ, cousins, and AD more than anything. Second to that is AD, boogie defending the paint. I believe our defensive potential is being underrated!

Boogie
Ad
Bron
Green
Bradley

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

sigh... do I have to buy a Lakers taco tuesday shirt now (yes)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/YMiusVpBtcI

I’m looking forward to seeing horns with LBJ, cousins, and AD more than anything. Second to that is AD, boogie defending the paint. I believe our defensive potential is being underrated!

Boogie
Ad
Bron
Green
Bradley

AD roaming as a 4 on defense.
Lebron roaming as a 3 on defense.
AB and DG manning up on the perimeter.
As long as they limit Boogie having to defend on the perimeter, their defense is going to be just fine in my book. You could even flip McGee for Boogie on the defensive side.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Ouch! That was personal.

You misunderstand me apparently. I am thrilled to hear that James is slimming down, training hard with teammates and intending to play with some passion this year.

All good for the Lakers. I'm in.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Have a feeling Bron is going to reclaim his throne as top player in the league this season. This should be the most motivated he is since losing 2011 finals.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Ouch! That was personal.

You misunderstand me apparently. I am thrilled to hear that James is slimming down, training hard with teammates and intending to play with some passion this year.

All good for the Lakers. I'm in.

👍
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

I heard that too but I don't know how you can tell. The dude has looked ripped since he was teenager. He certainly didn't look heavier than normal to me last season.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I heard that too but I don't know how you can tell. The dude has looked ripped since he was teenager. He certainly didn't look heavier than normal to me last season.

Disagree, he definitely did.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

So apparently the strategy behind Kawhi's move was not to join LeBron, but to beat him, and whatever variation of his team. I saw a clip during Leonard's free agency in which he stated "tell LeBron to stop texting me". I got a real bad vibe from him from that point on.

I'm speculating that it's more than a little personal now on some level. Leonard and company are the perfect nemesis to bring out the best in LeBron, and whatever he's got left in that 34, and soon to be 35 year old, body.

In short, its just what he needed.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
So apparently the strategy behind Kawhi's move was not to join LeBron, but to beat him, and whatever variation of his team. I saw a clip during Leonard's free agency in which he stated "tell LeBron to stop texting me". I got a real bad vibe from him from that point on.

I'm speculating that it's more than a little personal now on some level. Leonard and company are the perfect nemesis to bring out the best in LeBron, and whatever he's got left in that 34, and soon to be 35 year old, body.

He didn't had the balls to tell upfront to LeBron that he is not coming?

Can you please post the link
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

He didn’t tell anyone, he was negotiating.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

My bad. I googled the "quote" Leonard was supposed to have made. Didn't realize then, nor care now, that it was pretty much a guy on you tube using that headline as click bait.

Honestly, in the end, Leonard showed that's the way he truly felt about LeBron.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Boogie
Ad
Bron
Green
Bradley

Did you see around 1.30 where they talked about while Cousins sets the screen AD rolls to the basket and Cousins sets above the 3 point line?

Imagine that with Lebron as the ball handler. Holy crap don't know how the defense is going to defend that!!!
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

LeBron putting Bradley in the starting five over Rondo is a good sign. Him putting Rondo over Caruso isnt, but at least he's not thinking Rondo starting.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
LeBron putting Bradley in the starting five over Rondo is a good sign. Him putting Rondo over Caruso isnt, but at least he's not thinking Rondo starting.

It's going to be on Vogel to do the right thing and have Caruso playing more minutes than Rondo. Rajon should be limited to 15 MPG max
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Ad
LeBron
Green
Bradley
1 of kuzma/cousins is cool
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

In the past he usually slims down anyways during the offseason, then ramps up his work out and gain back some mass the closer to the season starts. But for some reason last year he stayed the same and got a lot bigger when the season started. Not sure if that contributed to his injury or slow start. But he usually start slow in the season as he tried to get in game shape.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ad
LeBron
Green
Bradley
1 of kuzma/cousins is cool

Did you somehow miss AD's well publicized comments that he doesn't like to play C?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Boogie
Ad
Bron
Green
Bradley

IMO that has to be the starting 5. At first I was thinking McGee should start but I like the idea of Kuz coming in quickly for Boogie. Follows by McGee for AD and then Boogie in for McGee with the bench where he can be the focal point.

Boog (26) | McGee (12) | AD (10)
AD (22) | Kuz (26)
LeBron (30) | Green (12) | Kuz (6)
Green (16) | KCP (24) | Bradley (8)
Bradley (16) | Cook (16) | Caruso or Rondo (16)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1146, 1147, 1148 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1147 of 2079
Jump to: