OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3619, 3620, 3621 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

I frankly don't think Kawhi's quad is a big problem. He'll be fine and ready to get his ass kicked by us next season.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Finding it amusing how many are now pushing the narrative that Leonard’s degenerative quad issue is the downfall of the Clippers. Yet most are the same posters that were extolling his virtues and downplaying it when discussing his imminent Laker possibilities. Same high risk issue I’ve been pounding the desk about for a year, only now some are actually acknowledging it.

My biggest concern is not the other teams. It is the Lakers themselves. Can they develop the trust and chemistry of a championship squad in one year? It is all about them coming together and playing with the intensity needed to win night in and night out.

Lakers will need to take every opponents best shot while the two stars both take a expected 15-20 games off. And expecting oft injured role players to make starting impact when they are out.

I am impressed with how the FO filled the roster in the 11th hour but they have a lot of work to do to find their “team” identity and purpose. Not all my choices but damn good if injuries or attitude conflicts do not derail the goals.

On paper the roster looks good. It will be a fun season to see how they work out the rotations, egos and grind of the season. At least we know it will be a typical Laker fun ride no matter what happens.

Good job. 1st post in Long time which is not complaining about LeBron

Thanks for your approval?

Don’t worry, my James concerns are still there. His attitude and performance this season will be key to the team developing chemistry and identity.

A motivated refreshed and cooperative James or the same guy we saw last year? Championship goals for the team rely on his season as much as him supporting Davis’ MVP campaign IMO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
I frankly don't think Kawhi's quad is a big problem. He'll be fine and ready to get his ass kicked by us next season.

I think it's a long term issue though. He was clearly dragging that leg by the Finals. And that was off a well managed load management season.

Getting PG13 was important as having another all star should in theory take off a lot of the defensive matchups and other load.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Finding it amusing how many are now pushing the narrative that Leonard’s degenerative quad issue is the downfall of the Clippers. Yet most are the same posters that were extolling his virtues and downplaying it when discussing his imminent Laker possibilities. Same high risk issue I’ve been pounding the desk about for a year, only now some are actually acknowledging it.

My biggest concern is not the other teams. It is the Lakers themselves. Can they develop the trust and chemistry of a championship squad in one year? It is all about them coming together and playing with the intensity needed to win night in and night out.

Lakers will need to take every opponents best shot while the two stars both take a expected 15-20 games off. And expecting oft injured role players to make starting impact when they are out.

I am impressed with how the FO filled the roster in the 11th hour but they have a lot of work to do to find their “team” identity and purpose. Not all my choices but damn good if injuries or attitude conflicts do not derail the goals.

On paper the roster looks good. It will be a fun season to see how they work out the rotations, egos and grind of the season. At least we know it will be a typical Laker fun ride no matter what happens.

Don’t worry, my James concerns are still there. His attitude and performance this season will be key to the team developing chemistry and identity.

A motivated refreshed and cooperative James or the same guy we saw last year? Championship goals for the team rely on his season as much as him supporting Davis’ MVP campaign IMO.

I have a hard time believing that with AD and all the veteran shooters around him that he will mail it in.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

back on track. good job. please continue
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I have a hard time believing that with AD and all the veteran shooters around him that he will mail it in.

I had hard time believing a mega star would sign with a new team and accept the mantle of “face of the franchise” and seemingly mail it in in year one. But we saw it.

I agree he should buy-in and be more enthusiastic with this win now team. Or is what we saw just what an aging James looks like? We shall see.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

I think it's a long term issue though. He was clearly dragging that leg by the Finals. And that was off a well managed load management season.

Getting PG13 was important as having another all star should in theory take off a lot of the defensive matchups and other load.

IMO Kawhi wants and needs (and got) the guy who can carry them offensively during the season but then come playoff time, Kawhi takes the lead.... Honestly, KL got his perfect sidekick and PG got his perfect partner. It's worrisome how well they fit together.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

I'm really disappointed in the AD trade.

Instead of a bonafide all-star versatile big, we could have had 2 kids full of potential, coming off a summer of healing, along with 1 superstar gamer. Imagine having a lineup with 1 superstar in Lebron with a bunch of unprovens while the red-headed step child next door is running out a lineup of 2 superstar wings. What a missed opportunity.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Instead of a bonafide all-star versatile big, we could have had 2 kids full of potential, coming off a summer of healing, along with 1 superstar gamer. Imagine having a lineup with 1 superstar in Lebron with a bunch of unprovens while the red-headed step child next door is running out a lineup of 2 superstar wings. What a missed opportunity.

Green for sarcasm.

Last edited by 2019 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

kawhi didnt come with Lebron + AD, but would have definitely came with Lebron + injured kids. so much potential
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

the Lakers FO could show up at your house and urinate on your front door, and you would write a post praising them for visiting you
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Lonzo hasnt been cleared for full basketball activities and Ingram hasnt picked up a basketball since march, I just cant see how any Laker fan is complaining about that trade

yea it's pretty crazy. young players need overly hard working Summers to make leaps.

Totally disagree, players need rest.

serious? can never tell. Players always talk about coveting 'skill improvement Summers' over 'recovery Summers'

Skill improvement can come without overly working hard. Rest the muscle core used in playing basketball, play some soccer in the offseason instead. Condition while improving footwork at the same time. There is time to work on the shot and moves in between. There is a whole division of science, ergonomics, that relates to repetitive motion.

basketball footwork is skill specific man. a crossover has very specific footwork. Soccer is lauded as a sport for kids who switch to basketball; because it helps quickness of feet and the seamlessness of using your feet in consecutive scenarios ---- but skill training on the HS and above levels, uses very specific basketball footwork. Resting the joints and not being 1 sport specific is a great plan for young kids -- but non-youth needs to perfect their specific craft and moves.

Embiid, Kobe and Nash would strongly disagree.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:
Lonzo hasnt been cleared for full basketball activities and Ingram hasnt picked up a basketball since march, I just cant see how any Laker fan is complaining about that trade

yea it's pretty crazy. young players need overly hard working Summers to make leaps.

😂😂😂😂

Ask Kobe is he used to rest or MJ.

MJ who took 2 years off?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:

the Lakers FO could show up at your house and urinate on your front door, and you would write a post praising them for visiting you
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epak wrote:

kawhi didnt come with Lebron + AD, but would have definitely came with Lebron + injured kids. so much potential

Kawhi wasn’t going to join Lebron, he is his peer, not his subordinate.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

serious? can never tell. Players always talk about coveting 'skill improvement Summers' over 'recovery Summers'

Skill improvement can come without overly working hard. Rest the muscle core used in playing basketball, play some soccer in the offseason instead. Condition while improving footwork at the same time. There is time to work on the shot and moves in between. There is a whole division of science, ergonomics, that relates to repetitive motion.

basketball footwork is skill specific man. a crossover has very specific footwork. Soccer is lauded as a sport for kids who switch to basketball; because it helps quickness of feet and the seamlessness of using your feet in consecutive scenarios ---- but skill training on the HS and above levels, uses very specific basketball footwork. Resting the joints and not being 1 sport specific is a great plan for young kids -- but non-youth needs to perfect their specific craft and moves.

That is also why some athletes turn to boxing training in the off season. Works on core, hand eye, footwork, and reaction time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

Yes, and it exercises a different muscle group.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:

I would have hated being a practice player with those two young pups shooting those horrible bricks. Getting a nosebleed off of a Ball or Ingram jumper was a real possibility.

I’ll take a multiple all star who can shoot the rock as well as play good defense.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pmacla wrote:

These players all train basketball hard in the summer. You’re putting too much stock in the advantageous kiddie angle. Every crossover has specific footwork, every post move, every pull-up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

A crossover has the same footwork as a running back cut. Or a ball cut in soccer. Let’s not over complicate things.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
epak wrote:

thanks Einstein
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
epak wrote:

To play Devil's Advocate. What marquee free agent has chosen to join James at this stage of his career? Davis was a trade, the proof will be in his re-signing.

Two years straight multiple free agents have met, discussed and formed "alliances". Even for the F'n clippers! Yet James can't get a free agent to join him?

Maybe more players see themselves as peers instead of subordinates at this point then we care to admit. James has a rippling effect (both positive and negative) on all those around him. More so then any other current player. Perhaps not as attractive as we want to admit from his peer's perspective?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
DLaker wrote:
LA Lakers History is on our side to have a great year. .

1970 Finals - lost to Knicks
1980 Champion
1990 Division Champ - Best record in NBA
2000 Champion
2010 Champion
2020 - Going to be a very good year just have a feeling

Lakers have been champs at least once a decade since the 70's

crazy stat

It goes back farther:

(as Minneapolis Lakers)

1960 Lost in Western Division Finals
1950 Champion
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
epak wrote:

To play Devil's Advocate. What marquee free agent has chosen to join James at this stage of his career? Davis was a trade, the proof will be in his re-signing.

Two years straight multiple free agents have met, discussed and formed "alliances". Even for the F'n clippers! Yet James can't get a free agent to join him?

Maybe more players see themselves as peers instead of subordinates at this point then we care to admit. James has a rippling effect (both positive and negative) on all those around him. More so then any other current player. Perhaps not as attractive as we want to admit from his peer's perspective?

IMO the bottom line is when a 3rd super star comes in someone is going to take a back seat. It happened in Miami (Bosh) and Cleveland (Love)...GS is the exception but even then Klay would disappear at times. No other team in the league has 3 super stars....so AD coming to play with LeBron is a win and proof that superstars do want to play with him. And you can argue Bron and AD is the best of the two superstar teams.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
A crossover has the same footwork as a running back cut. Or a ball cut in soccer. Let’s not over complicate things.

so many different types of crossovers, and they all have different footwork.

deleted

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3619, 3620, 3621 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3620 of 8560
Jump to: