The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Nike can’t tell Lebron “No.” .

they would not have told Kobe no.....just sayin
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Nike can’t tell Lebron “No.” .

they would not have told Kobe no.....just sayin

Dam rite... dam rite
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

The problem is that they already made so many #23 Lebron jerseys that potential financial hit would be really huge.

Quote:
A league source confirmed to ESPN that the NBA notified the Lakers that a March 15 deadline for jersey changes had passed, but it would waive it if Nike, the league's official outfitter, complied. The company did not, as the unused inventory of No. 23 James jerseys already produced would have led to a financial hit "well into the tens of millions of dollars," a source told ESPN.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

They are stand to make double with printing out his new number because the fans that bought his #23 will buy his #6 or whatever jersey number he chooses to get.
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject:

I feel bad for Laker players of the future. There's going to be so many retired jerseys with this franchise. One day guys are going to be out there looking like linebackers and defensive linemen with their numbers on the court.
KOBEWEST
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
I feel bad for Laker players of the future. There's going to be so many retired jerseys with this franchise. One day guys are going to be out there looking like linebackers and defensive linemen with their numbers on the court.

Funny , I was literally just thinking the same thing. I think 21 would look great on AD. That said , what are the best remaining numbers ? My few;

1, 3, 5, 12, 21, 31, 35, 41, 50, 55
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:44 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
They are stand to make double with printing out his new number because the fans that bought his #23 will buy his #6 or whatever jersey number he chooses to get.

Add making another extra chunk of change for the AD number this year and AD#23 next year. Brilliant!

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

I kinda dig AD3
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

toffee wrote:
The problem is that they already made so many #23 Lebron jerseys that potential financial hit would be really huge.

Quote:
A league source confirmed to ESPN that the NBA notified the Lakers that a March 15 deadline for jersey changes had passed, but it would waive it if Nike, the league's official outfitter, complied. The company did not, as the unused inventory of No. 23 James jerseys already produced would have led to a financial hit "well into the tens of millions of dollars," a source told ESPN.

And who is going to buy all these James #23 jerseys, knowing he's going to change to #6 next season, and that the only reason he wasn't allowed to change it this season is because Nike told him he couldn't?

James #23 jerseys this season will go from one of the top sellers to one of the worst sellers.

There had to be a better way for Nike to market this and not come out looking like the bad guys who wouldn't allow players to do what they want.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
toffee wrote:

Quote:

And who is going to buy all these James #23 jerseys, knowing he's going to change to #6 next season, and that the only reason he wasn't allowed to change it this season is because Nike told him he couldn't?

James #23 jerseys this season will go from one of the top sellers to one of the worst sellers.

There had to be a better way for Nike to market this and not come out looking like the bad guys who wouldn't allow players to do what they want.

50% discount would solve the problem, non-Americans would still buy them
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

Nike's excuse makes no sense. I have a feeling LBJ didn't really want to give up the number and told Nike to come up with something as a reason why.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Nike's excuse makes no sense. I have a feeling LBJ didn't really want to give up the number and told Nike to come up with something as a reason why.

lol, you made him look so petty. LeBron gave up the #23 before, stand to make more and more money with a new number, good news story, litterally no downside to changing the number
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Fans will still buy #23 and #3 this year and also #6 and #23 next season.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

KOBEWEST wrote:
Shoot Like Kobe wrote:

Funny , I was literally just thinking the same thing. I think 21 would look great on AD. That said , what are the best remaining numbers ? My few;

50 and 55 are not any best numbers. They are terrible numbers in my opinion.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
KOBEWEST wrote:
Shoot Like Kobe wrote:

50 and 55 are not any best numbers. They are terrible numbers in my opinion.

88... #1 sale in China aka worldwide
toffee
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

#69 is a badass number
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:48 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
Initiate Project: Kobe-Shaq

1. AD carries the Lakers the first 3 quarters while Lebron cruises
2. Lebron kills it in the 4th

Speaking of.

With LBJ/AD/Boogie, I think we will get teams into foul trouble rather quickly. Hopefully we have one of them on the court during all 48 minutes of the game.

For years, I've had my doubts about him winning a chip with a paint dominant big, like Kobe could. Kobe could dominate the game and barely tough the paint. Letting Shaq and Pau have free roam down there.
Meanwhile, Bron turned Bosh and Love into 3pt shooting fan base whipping boys.

Particularly our starting lineup with AD and McGee/Cousins will be interesting. We'll see what it looks like. AD might need to be a smart passer once he gets the ball on the roll. A McGee/Cousins oop or an open 3pt shooter will always be there. AD just has to make the right decision.

But it's not a problem when we run LBJ with three 3pt shooters and AD. I can see us closing out some games with that.

Not sure if that's a fair comparison. The years that Kobe spent with Shaq were during a different era, for one. Relying on scores through the low post was still the way everybody played. When LeBron was in Miami and Cleveland that was no longer the case. Stretch bigs are almost just as central to today's offense as low post bigs were in the last era. Players are products of their eras. Also, Kobe was able to play in the post a lot more once Shaq was gone. Pau may have been elite in the post, but he was also a good enough shooter from mid range that Phil could put him at the elbow in the triangle (which is also an offense that relies heavily on post play and mid range shots). Imagine if Miami had ran the triangle. Bosh would have been used the same way Gasol was.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
pio2u wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

There’s a March 15 deadline. Kobe adhered to this when he made his number change.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Fee Fi Fo Fum....I smell a Lebron hater huh?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Fans will still buy #23 and #3 this year and also #6 and #23 next season.

PT Barnum was right
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

TACO TUUUUUEESSSDAYYYYYYYYY
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
United Talent Agency, one of the leading representation firms in Hollywood, has joined with the influential N.B.A. agent Rich Paul to create a sports division for the entertainment company.

Paul, who represents LeBron James and 22 other N.B.A. players under his Klutch Sports Group banner, was named the head of U.T.A. Sports on Wednesday. The alliance calls for Klutch, with Paul as chief executive, to operate as United Talent’s sports division while retaining its own branding.

“We’ve been looking for the right sports opportunity for quite a while,” said Jeremy Zimmer, the talent agency’s chief executive. “We have taken a significant stake in Klutch, but Rich retains very substantial controls because we want it to be his business and we love what he’s doing.”

Neither side would divulge the amount of the stake, but Paul said “nothing changes” in terms of how Klutch’s basketball business operates and that the investment will enable him “to go out and further build Klutch.”

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Klutch Angeles!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1145, 1146, 1147 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1146 of 2079
Jump to: