Magic trying to take credit for signing Kawhi ultimately backfired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject:

One thing that I don’t see people talk about is maybe getting AD was the reason why KL didn’t want to come. Magic told KL that Spurs wanted too much asset from us but then magic was willing to give up everyone in the mid season for AD. Would the same package helped us landing KL last season. Likely so. This might make him feel bitter.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
kwase wrote:
kobetimeeverytime wrote:
Given the way everything unfolded, I think it's safe to say Kawhi never wanted to come all along. Probably just didn't want to join "Lebron's team". Magic being blabbermouth is a net negative, but likely didn't affect his decision.

I agree. He never wanted to play with lebron. In hindsight it would have been much better if lebron never tried to recruit him by calling him during the playoffs. I understand you have to make an attempt, but someone should have told him to not even bother the guy and perhaps Kawhi would have never asked for a meeting, which would have let us know he didn't want to come here and we could have got better players to fill out the roster. lebrons desire to always have a stacked team backfired on him again.

P.S. Looks like we just signed Quinn Cook...whoever that is.

Magic is a traitorous idiot... yes.

However, the fact that we went hard after Kawhi and Kawhi used us as leverage to force the Clippers to make that trade works in our favor. Clippers gave up WAAAY too much for overrated Paul George, who was somewhat revealed last season as "just an all star" (or not quite).

Clippers are now positioned to have underwhelming results with huge expectations, probably friction with Doc Rivers, disatisfaction with being the B team, and yeah all that. Kawhi and PG is not a championship duo, it's not outlandish to think they miss the pkayoffs and have a knick like meltdown.

so us applying the pressure actually helped.

Also Danny Green is an excellent fit, and Demarcus Cousins now has the chance to develop into a max player for us whom we can re-sign.

Lebron
AD
Cousins
Kuzma

that's four possible all stars. I feel that Cousins getting better and he impressed me in the Finals

Re: Cousins - How much can we realistically offer him next year? Can we offer him more than the full MLE? *paging Bard/Pincus*
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: