Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

New podcast keeps flashing an error message. Just me?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
New podcast keeps flashing an error message. Just me?

That's the first I've heard of it and usually if there's a tech error a bunch of people hit me up. What platform are you trying to listen to it on?
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Yo Pete

Just checked out the Locked On Lakers emergency pod first time I ever listened to Locked On and I really enjoyed it but it raised a question about LFR Pod for me. Is it a conscious decision for you and Darius not to curse on that pod? Cause it was way funnier you getting raw on (bleep) and dropping F bombs whilst talking about the Celtics.

It reminded me of the Starters before they were big and they could cuss and say un-PC things.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Yo Pete

Just checked out the Locked On Lakers emergency pod first time I ever listened to Locked On and I really enjoyed it but it raised a question about LFR Pod for me. Is it a conscious decision for you and Darius not to curse on that pod? Cause it was way funnier you getting raw on (bleep) and dropping F bombs whilst talking about the Celtics.

It reminded me of the Starters before they were big and they could cuss and say un-PC things.

Yeah, we try to keep it clean but we'll curse from time to time. The personality of that pod is different than Locked On too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Laker Film Room Podcast: The Lakers Trade for Anthony Davis

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6PsPwQ7Lg930UI8OxwrC0k?si=A0bjdrquSAeNdI0g58heLg
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lfrpod/status/1140314565860704256?s=21

This had me smiling all morning, constantly replaying the play in my head
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

^ Thank you for the vid, GT.

Based on what you saw on tape, do you have a hypothesis why Davis' efficiency as a roll man in the PnR dropped so precipitously from last season to this (I think 70th %ile to 38th)?

And even excluding his last truncated season as anomalous, for arguably the big man with the best athleticism + skill combination in the NBA, does his career trend of "good but not not great" PPP as a roll man concern you, especially given some of his issues as a PnP shooter highlighted in your vid?

Could that stem from his occasional over-reliance on floaters and offensive rebounds?
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff Pete. I like how you break it down dude. Makes it easy to follow and learn!
autoprice
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Very good,thanks
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Based on what you saw on tape, do you have a hypothesis why Davis' efficiency as a roll man in the PnR dropped so precipitously from last season to this (I think 70th %ile to 38th)?

And even excluding his last truncated season as anomalous, for arguably the big man with the best athleticism + skill combination in the NBA, does his career trend of "good but not not great" PPP as a roll man concern you, especially given some of his issues as a PnP shooter highlighted in your vid?

Could that stem from his occasional over-reliance on floaters and offensive rebounds?

Great questions and this is cool to talk about. I think it's two things: shot selection and volume. You nailed it regarding his over-reliance on floaters. I'm emphasizing that more in the second video on him. He takes some bad shots because he can make them, like a lot of great players do.

With volume, it's the big-man equivalent of a high usage wing. He's such a roll threat that it's central to the entire offense. He'll get a certain number of possessions used out of it, but there are many more where he doesn't get the touch but he opens up opportunities for others.

So he's doing this over and over again and it's probably the main thing that teams are trying to take away. That's gonna drag his percentages down in the similar way that Kobe was such a threat even though he wasn't the most efficient player.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

Hi guys. I know this is probably not the place for this but I did a mix of Kobe and I would love if you support me and watch it here. Thanks.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Great questions and this is cool to talk about. I think it's two things: shot selection and volume. You nailed it regarding his over-reliance on floaters. I'm emphasizing that more in the second video on him. He takes some bad shots because he can make them, like a lot of great players do.

With volume, it's the big-man equivalent of a high usage wing. He's such a roll threat that it's central to the entire offense. He'll get a certain number of possessions used out of it, but there are many more where he doesn't get the touch but he opens up opportunities for others.

So he's doing this over and over again and it's probably the main thing that teams are trying to take away. That's gonna drag his percentages down in the similar way that Kobe was such a threat even though he wasn't the most efficient player.

That's an interesting observation and makes sense. I'm curious to see if he's fully hardwired as a star to keep throwing up those floaters in traffic or if he'll start to look for teammates he (hopefully) trusts more.

I'm looking forward to your next vid (sorry about the Patreon thing, I'm not a big fan of their signup process, but I try to donate via Venmo) and I heard how excited you were about Davis' ball-handling skill on the most recent LFR pod, so given his advanced guard skill, I'm wondering what limits Davis from going point-Giannis?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Laker Film Room Podcast: Free Agency Preview

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/free-agency-preview/id1187085559?i=1000442868620
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Awesome music for your videos!! Podcast wise I disagreed with Mr Darius a little with KCP. If the price is right and it doesn’t take away from spending if their over the cap anyways I wouldn’t mind him back for more then the Vets min. I realize they will have to sign cheap this year then make up next potentially. Great show guys!!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Awesome music for your videos!! Podcast wise I disagreed with Mr Darius a little with KCP. If the price is right and it doesn’t take away from spending if their over the cap anyways I wouldn’t mind him back for more then the Vets min. I realize they will have to sign cheap this year then make up next potentially. Great show guys!!

Yeah I'm with you on that. And thanks, man!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

That's an interesting observation and makes sense. I'm curious to see if he's fully hardwired as a star to keep throwing up those floaters in traffic or if he'll start to look for teammates he (hopefully) trusts more.

I'm looking forward to your next vid (sorry about the Patreon thing, I'm not a big fan of their signup process, but I try to donate via Venmo) and I heard how excited you were about Davis' ball-handling skill on the most recent LFR pod, so given his advanced guard skill, I'm wondering what limits Davis from going point-Giannis?

Maybe to phrase it in a different way, what separates Giannis from Davis as an initiator?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

^Court-vision. He did show improvement this last year. I don't even think Giannis has the most natural court-vision or passing skills. Part of that has to do with his lack of a jumper so he is looking to pass more. AD is a bit of Kobe in him with his ability to make tough shots.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

BVH - I think he could be somewhat similar to Giannis if given that type of role, although he isn't as fast. That's just never been how he's been asked to play.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

^ Thanks to both of you. I'm flashing back to some of your critiques of Shaq's fit in the modern NBA back in 2016, GT, and obviously Davis doesn't have any of the defensive switchability issues chubby Shad had and possesses far superior guard skills for a big man, but I'm still concerned about maximizing his offensive equity if AD is a pass dependent non-initiator taking up a third of the Lakers' cap from 2020 onward. I've argued that AD is the absolute peak of a devalued archetype, and I would love to read thoughtful support or pushback in this thread (not to hijack it altogether, sorry).
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Good luck on your surgery today, Pete, wishing you well and sending good vibes from Warrior-country
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Good luck GT!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Is Mr Pete 👍
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Laker Film Room Podcast - The Lakers Miss Out on Kawhi

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-lakers-miss-out-on-kawhi/id1187085559?i=1000443818997
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 84 of 93
Jump to: