Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
THT and Norvell jr. out of a draft where we had zero picks is a freaking home run.

I agree....but still think a grand slam was possible with the UDFA market...there were a couple guys they would have had an honest shot at the roster.

Which players did you want?

The problem is certain teams were offering contracts with guarantees to players they coveted. Also quite a few 2-ways were handed out and so far it appears the Lakers are preserving one of their 2-way allotment.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
THT and Norvell jr. out of a draft where we had zero picks is a freaking home run.

I agree....but still think a grand slam was possible with the UDFA market...there were a couple guys they would have had an honest shot at the roster.

Which players did you want?

The problem is certain teams were offering contracts with guarantees to players they coveted. Also quite a few 2-ways were handed out and so far it appears the Lakers are preserving one of their 2-way allotment.

if I am being honest, the first thing is I do not offer a 2 way to Zach Norvell Jr., but that is more of a philosophy matter. I am not opposed to Zach Norvell Jr....I would even be ok if he earned his way onto the roster, but I would use the 2 way slots for guys with much more upside....younger, less developed, more athletic guys. I think it is a golden opportunity that if managed properly, you may find a diamond while you likely strike out 9 out of 10 times....but where do you get that type of opportunity to have control over a young player for a couple years for that cheap? I think guys like Lu Dort and even THT are perfect for 2 way contracts. The Lakers FO seems to view it differently as they continue to put older low upside type players on them.

Wings, Wings, Wings! We do not have any Wings on our current roster....guys like Terence Davis, Aubrey Dawkins, VJ King, DaQuan Jeffries, Tyus Battle would have each been a great pickup. Davis and Jeffries likely make the roster.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Jeffries and Konchar were the cream of the crop, Ponds too. Davis' said he won't sign a 2 way he's betting on himself. And the other 3 simply chose other places. After that Norvell is the best imo. like 4th or 5th of all undrafted to me.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jeffries and Konchar were the cream of the crop, Ponds too. Davis' said he won't sign a 2 way he's betting on himself. And the other 3 simply chose other places. After that Norvell is the best imo. like 4th or 5th of all undrafted to me.

ya there’s no way to know what went into these things - entirely possible we offered 2 ways to a bunch of these guys and norvell said yes first while the others chose elsewhere. all we can judge on is if the guy we got has talent, and norvell has plenty of talent - he will be on the full squad within a year or two imo. getting THT and norvell as young guys really helps mitigate the sting of losing our young core as now we have our own promising young “homegrown” talent which looked like we weren’t going to have entering draft night.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

KIROE...what do you think of Aric Holman?

How does a kid with a stroke like that and body to match go undrafted?

For starting the day with no draft picks...THT, Holdman, Norvell look like draftable players to me...Holdman as a late 1st in my completely uneducated mind.

#BannersOverBillboards
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

For starting the day with no draft picks...THT, Holdman, Norvell look like draftable players to me...Holdman as a late 1st in my completely uneducated mind.

I really didn't see much of Holman. But I think he's just a case of tools vs actually good basketball player.

here's a podcast scouting report on Holman, I'm sure it's really in depth, I'm going to listen to it myself right now.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

posted in SL thread...just copy to hear because I recall several of us wanted this guy last year as a UDFA...Dakota Mathias.

adkindo wrote:
Practice wrote:
Bryan Kalbrosky @BryanKalbrosky
Some summer league news, per source: MiKyle McIntosh (Oregon) will play for the Indiana Pacers. Peter Jok (Iowa) will play for the Orlando Magic. Dakota Mathias (Purdue) will play for the Los Angeles Lakers.

great....really was interested in him last year when he went undrafted. Shot 42% from 3 over a 4 year career @ Purdue....47% from 3 as a Senior on 6 attempts per game. He was a pure sniper!
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I wanted tako and Carsen Edwards
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

ya there’s no way to know what went into these things - entirely possible we offered 2 ways to a bunch of these guys and norvell said yes first while the others chose elsewhere. all we can judge on is if the guy we got has talent, and norvell has plenty of talent - he will be on the full squad within a year or two imo. getting THT and norvell as young guys really helps mitigate the sting of losing our young core as now we have our own promising young “homegrown” talent which looked like we weren’t going to have entering draft night.

don't go trying to resolve my complaints with logic
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Sags Konate is another....we signed that one small center...rather have signed Sags because we at least know he is an elite shot blocker. If I am his agent...I look at the Lakers roster with 1 Center who has claimed to prefer to play PF in the past, and that is where I am sending my guy if it is an option.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
posted in SL thread...just copy to hear because I recall several of us wanted this guy last year as a UDFA...Dakota Mathias.

adkindo wrote:
Practice wrote:
Bryan Kalbrosky @BryanKalbrosky
Some summer league news, per source: MiKyle McIntosh (Oregon) will play for the Indiana Pacers. Peter Jok (Iowa) will play for the Orlando Magic. Dakota Mathias (Purdue) will play for the Los Angeles Lakers.

great....really was interested in him last year when he went undrafted. Shot 42% from 3 over a 4 year career @ Purdue....47% from 3 as a Senior on 6 attempts per game. He was a pure sniper!

Really liked his highlights !
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Yea I like Mathias. he's nice
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I wanted tako and Carsen Edwards

Instead of Tako they could sign Christ Koumadje. They supposedly worked him out.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I can’t believe Ponds went undrafted. Kid is a baller. And signing with Houston? We must not have given him an offer. He would’ve made the team.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I really didn't see much of Holman. But I think he's just a case of tools vs actually good basketball player.

here's a podcast scouting report on Holman, I'm sure it's really in depth, I'm going to listen to it myself right now.

Thanks.

#BannersOverBillboards
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject:

WE should sign Porter.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
WE should sign Porter.

Smh cleveland took him.

They won the draft, they got the best player in Garland who I expect to have a monster first season.

We should of taken j Hands at 57
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
WE should sign Porter.

Smh cleveland took him.

They won the draft, they got the best player in Garland who I expect to have a monster first season.

Did they? I thought he was still unsigned.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
WE should sign Porter.

Smh cleveland took him.

Did they? I thought he was still unsigned.

I think he is too. Found this article on why he went undrafted and could possibly remain unsigned this season.

LINK
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

I hate to say this, but I had no idea he re-tore his ACL. This was completely new news to me yesterday.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Final thoughts on the 2019 NBA Draft....for receipts!

1st Round Picks that I think will outperform their draft slot...

#10 - Cam Reddish
#17 - Nickeil Alexander Walker
#24 - Ty Jerome
#25 - Nassir Little
#26 - Dylan Windler
#27 - Mfiondu Kabengele
#30 - Kevin Porter Jr.

The guys that everyone will talk about being a 2nd Round pick in a couple years with amazement!

#31 - Nic Claxton
#32 - Carson Edwards
#46 - Talen Horton Tucker
#48 - Terance Mann

The guy that is not a Laker that wish the best for...

#44 - Bol Bol - The NBA should have never put him in that position, but he handled it like an adult.

1st Team All Rookie

#1 - Zion Williamson
#2 - RJ Barrett
#3 - Ja Morant
#4 - Darius Garland
#5 - Cam Reddish

2nd Team All Rookie

#1 - Coby White
#2 - Brandon Clarke
#3 - Dylan Windler
#4 - Ty Jerome
#5 - Terance Mann

Rookie of the Year - RJ Barrett
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
I hate to say this, but I had no idea he re-tore his ACL. This was completely new news to me yesterday.

Oh!
Me neither
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Oh!
Me neither

Porter? If you think he will get healthy again, use a 2 way on him. It is cheap and you can oversee his rehab....then he is a RFA next summer. If healthy, sign a 3 year minimum contract with 4th year team option....if not, just let him go.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

FYI:
Quote:
Tacko Fall, a 7-foot-6 center from UCF, will sign an Exhibit 10 contract with the Boston Celtics, a source told ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

Exhibit 10 contracts, introduced in the NBA's most recent collective bargaining agreement, are one-year deals paying the minimum salary. They also can be used for two-way contracts.

Fall was not selected Thursday night during the NBA draft.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27025653/7-foot-6-tacko-fall-sign-celtics-deal
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Would like to see the Lakers go after Louis King. High upside player that still hasn’t signed with a team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 437 of 441
Jump to: