Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

37% 3pt shooter and can break people off the drible. I really like him damn it...

At worst george hill
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:
https://youtu.be/FEFihhH3ZJk

37% 3pt shooter and can break people off the drible. I really like him damn it...

At worst george hill

Highlights, man. George Hill also doesnt have that thin frame and lack of length; and is a legit good defender..
Hands has some potential and I think he’s top 60.. but he’s got big flaws. Half of the tantalizing qualities you see on highlights aren’t close to consistent, he’s not really good at breaking ppl off the dribble , and also decision making
lakerscout
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

people are sleeping on hands big time. his ball handling and shooting are elite. he has great range. he is kind of small-ish even though he's 6'3 (with shoes) so i'm assuming if he's going to have any issues in the nba, it will have to do with lack of bulk and strengthening up.

love the way he attacks, its almost westbrook-ish in some instances. VERY surprised most mocks don't even have him in the second round. nbadraft.net currently has him going 55th to the knicks (mock updated today). personally, i feel he can potentially be an adequate defender, but i disagree he's not good at breaking ppl off the dribble (his attack game is strong). not sure how decision-making and finishing will play out in the nba. last year he was buried behind aaron holiday, but this year he started and was more featured (he finished off the season very well even though ucla had a 500 record or so).

i personally think he's a baller. he's played with collin sexton, westbrook, harden, siakam at the rico hines scrimmages here in LA (doesn't mean anything, but he's played alongside nba players). i think he's a potential steal definitely worth gambling on with a 2nd rounder. I would LOVE if the lakers nab him. definitely a low risk, high potential pick in my opinion.

here's other notable players in the 2nd round who i feel have potential to be steals (who lakers should definitely look into):

- grant williams (was in the 1st round in the mocks weeks ago, but has fallen into 2nd round)
- jaylen nowell (i really like him. his game reminds me of damian lillard)
- jaylen mcdaniels (i'm assuming he's in 2nd round mocks cuz of his offcourt issues. def seems like he is unique with talent)
- talen horton tucker (was in the 1st round in the mocks weeks ago, but has fallen to 2nd round)
- daniel gafford
- jordan bone
- carsen edwards (smallish aggressive pg. a possible van fleet type?)
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1141412078407880707

Fire
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Anyone Know Jontay Porter's up to date injury status?
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

At worst george hill

Highlights, man. George Hill also doesnt have that thin frame and lack of length; and is a legit good defender..
Hands has some potential and I think he’s top 60.. but he’s got big flaws. Half of the tantalizing qualities you see on highlights aren’t close to consistent, he’s not really good at breaking ppl off the dribble , and also decision making

I agree. I have watched a lot of Hands over the past seasons. Not a great decision maker. If he can increase his hoops IQ, he has tremendous upside.
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

lakerscout wrote:
not sure how decision-making and finishing will play out in the nba...

i think he's a potential steal definitely worth gambling on with a 2nd rounder. I would LOVE if the lakers nab him. definitely a low risk, high potential pick in my opinion.

Many fans took issue with Jaylen's decision making over the past 2 seasons. Since we need to buy a 2nd rounder to even be in the draft as of right now, I would consider signing him as an UFA.
lakerscout
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

4evARaBruinLG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

At worst george hill

I agree. I have watched a lot of Hands over the past seasons. Not a great decision maker. If he can increase his hoops IQ, he has tremendous upside.

that highlight reel is from his rookie season when he wasn't a starter (backing up aaron holiday). check out this link from his recent last season (as he started and was more featured running an offense). i think this video maybe illustrates and shows his attack game and him running the offense a little more. again, not sure how the decision-making aspect will translate in a faster/stronger nba level setting, but to me he still seems like a potentially worthy prospect.

the kings worked him out on monday. i'm assuming that interest possibly might be connected to bill walton and his son as he does commentary for ucla/pac 12 games.

Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Who are your guys fave mid-to-late 2nd rounders we could potentially get if we bought a pick or two?

Oni - Josh Hart ish
Konchar - versatile SG/Sf who can shoot
Samanic - versatile PF
Windler - tweener forward great shooter
Nowell - creating SG who can shoot
Jeffries - combo forward who can defend, jump out the gym and maybe shoot

I put my list on twitter.

https://twitter.com/CanyonDriver/status/1141380395742584832

Lmaoo I been following you for over year now . And never knew this was you
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Who are your guys fave mid-to-late 2nd rounders we could potentially get if we bought a pick or two?

Oni - Josh Hart ish
Konchar - versatile SG/Sf who can shoot
Samanic - versatile PF
Windler - tweener forward great shooter
Nowell - creating SG who can shoot
Jeffries - combo forward who can defend, jump out the gym and maybe shoot

I put my list on twitter.

https://twitter.com/CanyonDriver/status/1141380395742584832

Thanks! Following your twitter now.

Agree with Thybulle. Wouldn't mind one bit if any of the Zaga or Virginia guards dropped into 2nd round as they seem most plug-and-play capable. Any thoughts on if Edwards will drop? Doubt any of the high 2nd round teams will let him slip all that far.

FWIW, I'm not convinced of Jerome or Guy. Same with Perkins. Norvell, Ok.

I don't think Edwards will drop. 2 years of workouts, played 2 different archetypes, and they saw both the efficient version (frosh year) and what happens when he's treated like a #1 option. In a draft this weak at the top and tiers 3-5 being really wide, it's hard to see Edwards slip.

I like Jerome, tbh in mid second round
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

lakerscout wrote:
4evARaBruinLG wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:

At worst george hill

that highlight reel is from his rookie season when he wasn't a starter (backing up aaron holiday). check out this link from his recent last season (as he started and was more featured running an offense). i think this video maybe illustrates and shows his attack game and him running the offense a little more. again, not sure how the decision-making aspect will translate in a faster/stronger nba level setting, but to me he still seems like a potentially worthy prospect.

the kings worked him out on monday. i'm assuming that interest possibly might be connected to bill walton and his son as he does commentary for ucla/pac 12 games.

Understood. He has talent. No question. Over the past 2 seasons, he was the type of player who would make you stop and say, “Wow.”

Sometimes for greatness, and sometimes for purely bad basketball. If he is coachable, there is potential.

UCLA’s last staff did not have a strong track record of coaching players up.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

0 days! It's here!
Hopefully we get 2 2nd rounders
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
4m
UNC guard Coby White -- perhaps the fastest rising prospect on the board -- had a private workout with the Knicks at team's facility today, league sources tell ESPN. Knicks have been locked on RJ Barrett at No. 3, but summoned White after Darius Garland's workout yesterday.

Wow. Knicks actually doing smart things?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

what time does the draft actually start? i.e., not when ESPN's coverage actually starts but when the picks actually begin
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

ty
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Have we bought a second rounder yet?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Probably nothing definite this early. Maybe they have a rough idea of what is possible, but teams will want to see how the draft goes against their draft board and listen to other trade offers before actually giving a definite yes to selling a pick to LA.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

Oh I didn’t realize the draft is today. So do we have anything going in this draft post-AD or? I don’t know what our current draft status is. A brief synopsis would be appreciated
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

Hawks already sold two 2nds... Hopefully we are able to buy one or two before the day is done
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

PNWlakers wrote:
Hawks already sold two 2nds... Hopefully we are able to buy one or two before the day is done

Dont worry. Our good friends the 76ers have 4 2nd rounders.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

If we were able to pull that off, it likely wouldn't happen until about the end of the first round. Usually we hear about those deals once others have traded up or people pull off surprise picks and mess with the expected order.

I would LOVE for us to be able to buy 2 picks in the 2nd round, but I read somewhere that we only have $3.7M to work with (since we spent some to get Bonga last year - ugh), sow e may have to go the UDFA route.

If we can get Cody Martin from Nevada and Sagaba Konate from WVA as UDFA, I'd consider us lucky. Liked Cody since he made himself eligible last eyer, good Swiss Army knife kind of game.

We'd need a miracle on the level of water to wine to get Carsen Edwards to fall to anywhere we could buy his pick, but I'd be really happy if we can buy picks to get Miye Oni from Yale and/or Zach Norvell from Zaga. (Throw Martin in there, too.) All look like smart, big guards, with good shots, decent-enough athleticism (Oni with the edge), and enough versatility of skills to see playing time with different lineups.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Sagaba Konate from WVA

WVU
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Oh I didn’t realize the draft is today. So do we have anything going in this draft post-AD or? I don’t know what our current draft status is. A brief synopsis would be appreciated

Lakers currently have no picks but are reportedly trying to buy into the second round.

Looking to see if Garland gets taken at 4 or if the 4 gets moved during the draft a third team beyond NO because that may have implications for the timing of the AD trade.

I think that sums it up.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Lakers currently have no picks but are reportedly trying to buy into the second round.

Looking to see if Garland gets taken at 4 or if the 4 gets moved during the draft a third team beyond NO because that may have implications for the timing of the AD trade.

I think that sums it up.

Thanks kindly
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Atlanta just traded for our 4th pick. Pelicans get 8,17,35
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 389, 390, 391 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 390 of 441
Jump to: