Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I've made it known before
Electing Schwarzenegger as President of Fitness Council was a bad move. Huh?

and thus a new standard for treyposting was set
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Police officers have free reign to gun down anyone in this country, whether they are in uniform or not. This guy will get a slap on the wrist at the worst. The cop who gunned down the guy in his own apartment when she was off duty, she'll get a slap on the wrist as well. Rinse and repeat.

Some police shooting and following investigations are a blatant, appalling protection of police officers. This case was not one. It was not only misuse of power it was racial. Reports by neighbors didn't jibe with what the officers account. Guyger was fired and charged with manslaughter after an investigation was completed. She had a Aug 2019 trial date. It was delayed to Sept because her attorneys needed time to prepare. They had a previous client who's trial overlapped.

In the case present I'm going to wait until all evidence is presented and the investigation is concluded before making a judgment. The officer in question may be charged or not. I understand why some are quick to judge negatively. Police misuse of power is a front burner issue.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:
Police officers have free reign to gun down anyone in this country, whether they are in uniform or not. This guy will get a slap on the wrist at the worst. The cop who gunned down the guy in his own apartment when she was off duty, she'll get a slap on the wrist as well. Rinse and repeat.

Some police shooting and following investigations are a blatant, appalling protection of police officers. This case was not one. It was not only misuse of power it was racial. Reports by neighbors didn't jibe with what the officers account. Guyger was fired and charged with manslaughter after an investigation was completed.

In the case present I'm going to wait until all evidence is presented and the investigation is concluded before making a judgment. The officer in question may be charged or not. I understand why some are quick to judge negatively. Police misuse of power is a front burner issue.

Kudos to you for taking the right approach. A rarity these days to wait for the entirety of the evidence before rendering judgment.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

I think being glossed over is the man was knocked unconscious from behind.

Imagine; You're feeding your child some samples. All of a sudden you're cold kocked from behind. When you come to, remember imagine, there's a person standing over you. You're groggy. You have a weapon. Reflex survival, you shoot. I don't know what happened, I'm imagining.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

We have all been to Costco.

Nobody is going Mike Tyson on people in the food line for no reason.

My guess?

These people had an interaction earlier in the store or outside over a parking spot or something.

Rambo Cop knowing he had the concealed carry was probably all puffed up and not turning the other cheek as we all have to do sometimes at the crowded hellhole that is Costco.

Again, there is zero logical reason that an off duty cop should be more worthy of a concealed carry than a regular joe citizen. And a regular joe citizen pretty much can't get a concealed carry in California, try to get one if you don't believe me.

This cop is a (bleep) and I say that in advance of seeing the video, I am 100% sure shooting a man to death and shooting and critically injuring his elderly parents was a drastic overreaction by a putz who should not have concealed carry rights.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

My guess?

These people had an interaction earlier in the store or outside over a parking spot or something.

Rambo Cop knowing he had the concealed carry was probably all puffed up and not turning the other cheek as we all have to do sometimes at the crowded hellhole that is Costco.

Again, there is zero logical reason that an off duty cop should be more worthy of a concealed carry than a regular joe citizen. And a regular joe citizen pretty much can't get a concealed carry in California, try to get one if you don't believe me.

This cop is a (bleep) and I say that in advance of seeing the video, I am 100% sure shooting a man to death and shooting and critically injuring his elderly parents was a drastic overreaction by a putz who should not have concealed carry rights.

Have you really been to Costco?

The insanity of the sample line is off the charts.

But in all seriousness, something does not add up about the officer's account. He says he was shoved and knocked unconscious . . . must have been a hell of a shove. And even if we accept his description of events, his judgement in firing his weapon after having been "knocked out" is highly negligent. If he was under imminent threat of further harm, he would certainly have suffered further injury while unconscious. So if he came to after being knocked out, was able to get his weapon and fire the 7 to 8 shots witnesses say he did, it's doubtful he was still being physically attacked, especially if his son was uninjured.

Him being dazed is no excuse for his poor decision making.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

there's also multiple reports that people heard an arguing before gunshots. If he had time to argue, he had time to control the situation without firing shots.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

My guess?

THIS is the only video I've seen. I don't see anything pro or con for officer or deceased. Do you have another video that lends to who was most culprit? The thing goes against the officer in my mind is the number of shots witnesses say they heard. Also the accounts have me wondering, a argument then a gun. The original was the officer was attacked from behind. It's a case of uncovering the truth. I'm still on the wait and see bus.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Do you have another video that lends to who was most culprit?

Well, we know that you are the culprit who has butchered the English language the most with that sentence.

But kidding aside, a man is dead at the hand of another, so we know who the "culprit" is - the guy who fired the shots. What is unproven at this point is what his level of culpability is in firing those shots.

Unfortunately for him, what is known from his own version of events doesn't look good for him. He used lethal force against an unarmed man to the extent that he also critically injured innocent bystanders and there's nothing to indicate that his life or his son's was in imminent danger. Especially given that despite the fact that he was incapacitated for a while he only suffered minor injuries and his son was unharmed.

Quote:
The thing goes against the officer in my mind is the number of shots witnesses say they heard. Also the accounts have me wondering, a argument then a gun. The original was the officer was attacked from behind. It's a case of uncovering the truth. I'm still on the wait and see bus.

Nothing wrong with that.

Ultimately it's all moot though. We all know what the final result will be regardless of what actually happened. The officer will walk free even if he is guilty of wrongdoing. That's the reality we live in. The worst that will happen to him is he will be sued, and even if he loses that suit it's no justice for the family.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that.

Ultimately it's all moot though. We all know what the final result will be regardless of what actually happened. The officer will walk free even if he is guilty of wrongdoing. That's the reality we live in. The worst that will happen to him is he will be sued, and even if he loses that suit it's no justice for the family.

I'm not that cynical. In today's climate allowing a obviously guilty officer to go unpunished might cause a civil uproar. A botched cover up could cause more of a problem than the department is willing to deal with.

I kinda liked Do you have another video that lends to who was most culprit?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Nothing wrong with that.

I'm not that cynical. In today's climate allowing a obviously guilty officer to go unpunished might cause a civil uproar. A botched cover up could cause more of a problem than the department is willing to deal with.

Unfortunately such uproar goes completely ignored by our judicial system.

Quote:
I kinda liked Do you have another video that lends to who was most culprit?

I'm sure . . . just keep being you. That's why we love ya.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject:

Video footage to save the day. If what is quoted below and
accounts of witnesses contacting the victims lawyer saying
the police version is trash then what?

How many years incarceration would a civilian get for
Falsifying the story
Being so angry you don't listen to an old man trying to calm the situation
You shoot said old man his son and his wife because you got shoved

If there really is a gap before he decided to shoot these people then why aren't Costco employees and shoppers going crazy posting the truth on Facebook and such?

Aggravated Murder if a gap showing no threat occurred before he started firing

Quote:

Before the officer fired his gun, there was a gap in time when he declared he was a police officer and French’s father stepped between the two men. Galipo said the security video showed that interaction.

“His father was trying to intervene,” Galipo said

Costco shooting: Wildly different stories emerge of deadly encounter in food line
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-costco-shooting-explainer-narrative-20190619-story.html?outputType=amp
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

Who even carries a gun into a Costco?

Was he afraid someone was going to beat him to the Kirkland Frozen Burrito special?

This guy needs to be off the force and do some time at the Gray Bar Hotel.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Was he afraid someone was going to beat him to the Kirkland Frozen Burrito special?

Carrying off duty is optional. Some officers do, some don't. Oscar Bryant, a friend, was killed while on duty. He carried all the time. My son carries sometimes, sometimes he doesn't. Situational.

I'm waiting for the actual footage of the shooting to be released to the public. It's my understanding that'll be soon. I'm told if the officer has any problems they will be because he shot the parents.

The video and audio, if there is any, will be key.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

He probably needed to shoot open those Kirkland Milk caps. Those MFs are sealed with some sort of titanium welding.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

judge orders video footage to be sealed for a year:
https://www.pe.com/2019/08/06/judges-order-temporarily-prevents-public-from-seeing-surveillance-video-of-costco-shooting-in-corona/

I'll bet you if the footage exonerated this cop of any wrong doing it would have already been released
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
https://www.pe.com/2019/08/06/judges-order-temporarily-prevents-public-from-seeing-surveillance-video-of-costco-shooting-in-corona/

I'll bet you if the footage exonerated this cop of any wrong doing it would have already been released

This should be fought

Guess the cops is still a free.man after murdering a mentally challenged man and AND shooting the man's Mother and Father
The family moved from Canada to take care of their Ill grandmother

Scared cop destroyed A WHOLE FAMILY
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

This is shaping up ugly, I agree.

Again, some idiot discharging a gun in a Costco over a fistfight and hitting multiple people is lunacy.

But it looks like the fix is going to be in.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-25/costco-shooting-lapd-officer-wont-will-face-charges-in-killing-of-intellectually-disabled-man

Release the video already
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-25/costco-shooting-lapd-officer-wont-will-face-charges-in-killing-of-intellectually-disabled-man

The video was released, you can barely see anything on it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

And cops wonder why they get hated

Anyone else would get the electric chair.. a life sentence

This is WAY creepy

TEN SHOTS INSIDE A (bleep) COSTCO
Quote:
The district attorney’s analysis determined 3.8 seconds elapsed between when Sanchez was knocked to the ground and when the first of a total of 10 shots were fired. The gunfire cannot be seen in the video.

(bleep) this (bleep).. too bad LA won't RIOT over this..

Mayor's Help Desk
Contact our dedicated Help Desk
213-978-1028
mayor.helpdesk @ lacity.org

https://govapps.gov.ca.gov/gov40mail/

You may contact Governor Gavin Newsom by mail at:

Mailing address:
Governor Gavin Newsom
1303 10th Street, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160

Due to limited resources, responses to inquires via mail may take longer than those submitted using the email form below.
Please note that we are unable to accept e-mail attachments because of the risk of Internet viruses; please send your attachments via traditional mail.

https://oag.ca.gov/contact
Xavier Becerra
Attorney General
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

This is WAY creepy

Quote:
The district attorney’s analysis determined 3.8 seconds elapsed between when Sanchez was knocked to the ground and when the first of a total of 10 shots were fired. The gunfire cannot be seen in the video.

Mayor's Help Desk
213-978-1028
mayor.helpdesk [ at ] lacity.org

Mailing address:
Governor Gavin Newsom
Sacramento, CA 95814

Due to limited resources, responses to inquires via mail may take longer than those submitted using the email form below.
Please note that we are unable to accept e-mail attachments because of the risk of Internet viruses; please send your attachments via traditional mail.

Xavier Becerra
Attorney General

I don't know who to blame. 12 of the 19 grand jurors found that there was insufficient evidence to indict

Quote:
Hestrin could file charges despite the grand jury’s decision but said he would not do so because the minimum number of jurors — 12 of the 19 — didn’t find evidence to indict.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Can't even get my $1.50 hotdog w/o getting shot.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Worst thing to happen at costco since they discontinued the polish dogs.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

This is WAY creepy

Quote:

Mayor's Help Desk
213-978-1028
mayor.helpdesk ( a t ) lacity.org

Mailing address:
Governor Gavin Newsom
Sacramento, CA 95814

Xavier Becerra
Attorney General

I don't know who to blame. 12 of the 19 grand jurors found that there was insufficient evidence to indict

Quote:
Hestrin could file charges despite the grand jury’s decision but said he would not do so because the minimum number of jurors — 12 of the 19 — didn’t find evidence to indict.

I say check the jury for tampering and see if its makeup had any
Mentally disadvantaged people
Parents of disabled children
Were the jurors all upper income white trash that protect cops?

That cop is terribly unfit to be on the force.. Coward and a Hothead and a Murderer ..

How can they keep him on the force?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: