Why are people upset with Rob?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Ever since he left there has been no drama or soap opera stories coming out of the Lakers organization.

Huh? Since Magic left they skipped out on exit interviews, refused to clarify or define the FO structure until a couple days ago, failed to control the message on several fronts, and engaged in a completely botched coaching search. They've barely had anything to do since the end of the season and handled none of it well.

How do you mean "they skipped out on exit interviews"?

They conducted exit interviews. Here are the articles on Kuzma's and Ingram's:

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-exit-interviews-kyle-kuzma-will-never-say-anything-bad-about-magic-johnson/2019/04/10/

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-exit-interviews-brandon-ingram-was-worried-about-blood-clot-after-hearing-about-chris-boshs-situation/2019/04/10/

What I mean is that they didn't address the media as is customary. After Magic's sudden departure they pushed their players onto the media stage to let them fend the questioning about wtf was even going on with the team while they hid behind the curtain. Its not only cowardice, but piss poor message control. But again, inexperienced novices are at the helm and their mistakes and growing pains will come at our expense.

Why should they handle the media? The media is their enemy who simply post falsehoods about everything that happens in the FO. You think that going on camera is going to make things better. The media will dissect everything the Lakers say, and will spin until no end to create news. When are Laker fans going to realize that the Lakers are the enemy of every team in the NBA, and that some owners actually pay certain media outlets to create and spin negative news.

I didn't realize InfoWars was covering sports now.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I never knew enough about Pelinka and never bought into "he is a snake" rumors. It is a bit reassuring that some of the more questionable moves seem to be on Magic's doing. But the fact remains that Pelinka should not running be the Lakers by himself. He is not strong enough to fight through the Rambii/Phil influences and he doesnt have the league-wide respect to recruit stars or get some fair trades done with other GMs.

This sums up my perspective perfectly. I have no problem with Rob at all. But, he clearly needs help from some established front office peers. Nothing wrong with that when he lacks the experience.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

Because we're not scrambling? That's literally only reported by Woj who, you know, also said we wouldn't get AD and we didn't have enough assets for it and has been on a negative Laker reporting spree for a while now.

You want to know the one thing that every single "reporter" agrees on? Rob has kept tight lips on this since BEFORE the trade was even completed. He's not talking, none of these reports are anything but rumors. You want to know the one real fact? We have a deal in place for Anthony Davis while keeping Kyle Kuzma and have multiple options and routes to secure a third max player.

BUT WOJ SAID WE"RE SCRAMBLING!!!!! ROB IS INCOMPETENT !!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Day, you have to be Pelinka's burner account. We don't have multiple avenues to to secure a max third player. At best we would be a little short of the max if cap projections hold at $109m. The only way we can secure even that is to unload the rest of our depth, which might require even more compensation on the Lakers end. At this point I prefer to just take the $27m or $23m and fill out the roster. Pelinka just needs to own up to the mistake, learn from it, and move on.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/6/19/18692247/lakers-rumors-rob-pelinka-max-cap-space-pelicans-negotiations-ramona-shelburne-espn
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

To go with the truth, before the trade, we don't have cap space enough for a max player. At the moment, we had 30.5 more or less and I think that's why JHart was included in the deal. You all remember, everybody was talking Ingram, Ball, 4th pick and a future pick, and then where adding we will have to do a separate trade of Wagner for a 2nd rounder.

In those 400 pages before the trade and after the Pels said they were taking offers,

NOBODY, ABSOLUTE NOBODY EVER MENTION THE TRADE KICKER! NOT EN LG, NOT THE TALKING HEADS. This begun Sunday Morning with BMarks.

And the TK will lower our cap space and that's not negotiable. Nothing Rob can do about that except ask the agent of our best player which is @ the same time agent of AD. I am not worried about that because I know RPaul and AD will agreed.

About the fluidity of the pick, The way I see it the pick is fluid until after tonight in which the pick now is a nba player WITHOUT A CONTRACT. I don't see a way that rookie nba player can be moved without a contract.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

Because after witnessing how Magic got criticised for offering all our prospect for AD, Pelinka did the same thing if not more when we were in a better position. We had #4 pick which weight similar value to Ingram and Ball while we were projected to have mid 1st round pick back then. Our biggest competitor, Celtics, were more unlikely to make great offer after knowing Irving incline to leave. Celtics draft picks turned out not as valuable as it was projected. If you want to say Pelinka traded all those players in order to have max cap space, I can accept that. But then there’s no need to send those unprotected picks.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Because after witnessing how Magic got criticised for offering all our prospect for AD, Pelinka did the same thing if not more when we were in a better position. We had #4 pick which weight similar value to Ingram and Ball while we were projected to have mid 1st round pick back then. Our biggest competitor, Celtics, were more unlikely to make great offer after knowing Irving incline to leave. Celtics draft picks turned out not as valuable as it was projected. If you want to say Pelinka traded all those players in order to have max cap space, I can accept that. But then there’s no need to send those unprotected picks.

2 different circumstances. When Magic was trying to trade, the leverage was that AD was about to be a walking expiring set for free agency, NO has little leverage. Then KD pop his achilles and suddenly the leverage swings back to NO because all contenders (including or especially us) has to and I mean has to go for it now. Don't forget, LeBron-AD is The best duo in the league
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: