Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtUFRvEdfM

Live from Hollywood the 5th Annual Peoples Choice Award
Christopher Reeve Presents Robin Williams With Award For Fav New TV Performer & Fav New TV Program

Anyone old enough to have watched this at home as a kid?

no, I was 1 years old. Reeve would have just been coming off the original Superman. Superman III was the first movie I saw in a theater.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtUFRvEdfM

Live from Hollywood the 5th Annual Peoples Choice Award
Christopher Reeve Presents Robin Williams With Award For Fav New TV Performer & Fav New TV Program

Anyone old enough to have watched this at home as a kid?

Totally watched Mork & Mindy back then.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hoon Lee

Job, an all time great character

As much as I liked his Job character, I like the Chao character he's playing even more.

Just finished the season finale. Ah Sahm's had some great fight scenes but the fight in the factory might have been the best because he was fighting for someone besides himself. I knew they were building towards a showdown with Leery but they comic booked it by having them fight to a draw. That's okay as there's still a lot of story to tell before we get a big showdown.

I really enjoy this show. So many great characters in addition to the action. I can't wait for season 2.

wasn't a draw, not trying to spoil but one of them got his behind beat, po po saved him

I enjoy that everybody speaks english (and we know when they're actually speaking chinese), easier to follow

I was surprised by the winner. Sister nodded, break his neck, Officer Bill saved him.

Pitting brother against sister is interesting. One loves the other, one is all about power.

Cinemax wasted no time renewing for season 2.

You're talking about his duel against Li Yong in ep. 9 and he clearly lost that one. I was referring to his fight with Dylan Leery, the Irish labor leader, in the season finale.

I did have it mixed. Thanks for the clarification. I also like Chao. Lee went from gay to gangsta and teed both.

yes, was thinking about the li yong fight, the dylan leere-Ah Sahm factory fight was a draw (you know we be seeing this fight more in season 2 and the face tattoo leader guy vs li yong prob). Mai Ling done save Ah Sahm's live in China, marrying the gangsta whose son Ah Sahm killed so they even, nobody owe anybody nothing. Can't wait for season 2. Only thing is why they make Young Jun can't speak english, he's San Fran born and raised
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

Just finished watching the third and final season of Sneaky Pete on Amazon.

Not an all time great show, but it's fun and entertaining. I love watching movies and tv shows about con artists/heists.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Anyone start Netflix's "When They See Us" yet? It's about the central park 5. Really gripping stuff; truly sad and infuriating.

I started. I was really angered. I quit watching. I'll resume today.

Man...that was a tough watch.

The last episode focuses on Korey Wise. Just heartbreaking what he had to go through.

Episode 1, this is just tough to watch
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Just finished watching the third and final season of Sneaky Pete on Amazon.

Not an all time great show, but it's fun and entertaining. I love watching movies and tv shows about con artists/heists.

Didn't know it was cancelled. I enjoyed the show as I'm a fan of Giovanni Ribisi and playing a con artist is right in his wheelhouse. It was getting kind of absurd to me the grandparents could never figure out he wasn't Pete though.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Those that have seen both Deadwood the series and the movie, do you recommend re-watching the series? I vaguely remember the series but I do remember the characters etc...

over the last few weeks, I have been watching Deadwood for the 1st time. Just finished and watched the Movie. The series was "good" but not on par with many other HBO series. Really enjoyed the characters of Dan Dority, Johnny Burns, E.B. Farnum, and Calamity Jane.

I am assuming they did the movie because it was cancelled unexpectedly, because the ending of Season 3 did not feel like a series finale at all. Also, assume Season 3 was setting up something for the The Langrishe Theatre Group in Season 4, because they literally served no purpose in Season 3 except wasting the viewers time. I know they were really part of Deadwood, but again was pointless in the series yet got substantial air time. I also struggled with every man, woman and child carried a firearm, yet a few people got away with so much abuse of everyone else. Finally, thought it was beyond bush league to have Garret Dillahunt play Jack McCall in season one, then have him return is season two to play Francis Wolcott. I understand it was probably not as big of a deal because Dillahunt was not as famous at that point.....and for most viewers it was spread over a year instead of 2-3 weeks for me...but still bush league.

The movie was...."ok". It served its purpose in putting a wrap on the series. I was not aware that Powers Boothe had passed until I began to look into why he did not return for the movie. Also sucked that Titus Welliver was not back for the movie....but pretty amazing they was able to pull so many characters back in when many have went on to bigger success since the original series.

I guess it was worth it....been wanting to watch it for years....now I know.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Anyone start Netflix's "When They See Us" yet? It's about the central park 5. Really gripping stuff; truly sad and infuriating.

The last episode focuses on Korey Wise. Just heartbreaking what he had to go through.

The 4th episode was even worse. Everything is stomach churning even if you’ve known all about it, still. Had to stop the 1st episode in the middle, that whole coercing by PD and watching the kids throwing their life away without even understanding, needed to take a break. This is one emotional mini series
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

didnt realize new season of Fear Walking Dead started. Only watched 1st episode so far and it was dumb.
the group going on a dangerous mission and crash landing a plane to rescue a group of strangers very far away and use zero precautions to ensure they are not walking into a trap??
one survivor goes back to the crash site where countless zombies kept appearing at before they left.... all by herself and at night... ofcourse something bad happens
I guess this will remain something i catch up on whenever i have time but im definitely ready for another tv series to replace this.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
didnt realize new season of Fear Walking Dead started. Only watched 1st episode so far and it was dumb.
the group going on a dangerous mission and crash landing a plane to rescue a group of strangers very far away and use zero precautions to ensure they are not walking into a trap??
one survivor goes back to the crash site where countless zombies kept appearing at before they left.... all by herself and at night... ofcourse something bad happens
I guess this will remain something i catch up on whenever i have time but im definitely ready for another tv series to replace this.

I'm still watching and it does not get any better.

Save yourself and quit now. It's too late for me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
governator wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

The 4th episode was even worse. Everything is stomach churning even if you’ve known all about it, still. Had to stop the 1st episode in the middle, that whole coercing by PD and watching the kids throwing their life away without even understanding, needed to take a break. This is one emotional mini series

Episode 3 was tough also. Not many gave them the benefit of the doubt. I didn't know a convicted sex offender had to go through so much.

This entire series is a hard watch. Fortunately it ended well for all 5.

I forget which it was but 1 had 10 kids another 6. I guess they were making up for lost time.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Bosch (Prime): I like it.

Yes, another cop show. Is it really that much different to entice new viewers? I didn't think so until I watched an episode. Still, to some it might just be another cop show. To others, the differences, from the cinematic atmospheric feel, to the main character himself, honest but not bureaucratic or political, makes for good story telling. Also, two of the main characters are played by Jamie Hector (Marlo) and Lance Riddick (Daniels) -- as in characters from The Wire.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Bosch (Prime): I like it.

Yes, another cop show. Is it really that much different to entice new viewers? I didn't think so until I watched an episode. Still, to some it might just be another cop show. To others, the differences, from the cinematic atmospheric feel, to the main character himself, honest but not bureaucratic or political, makes for good story telling. Also, two of the main characters are played by Jamie Hector (Marlo) and Lance Riddick (Daniels) -- as in characters from The Wire.

I agree I've been watching it a couple years now. It's pretty entertaining and has yet to jump the shark.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

wait until you are introduced to the the San Antonio Split in episode 3
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

One of the most influential animes of all time just hit Netflix. Neon Genesis Evangelion

Also Dark season 2 is out on Netflix t. If you like deep sci-fi. I recommend watching it. It's binge worthy.

Both shows have English dubs done well. So don't feel obligated to read subtitles.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

New show on Showtime....City on a Hill....looks like it has potential through the 1st episode. Has Kevin Bacon and a few other known actors.

Quote:
IMDB Description:

In 1990s Boston, an assistant district attorney and a corrupt yet venerated FBI veteran work together to take on a case that grows to involve, and ultimately subvert, the entire criminal justice system of Boston.

Sundays @ 8PM ET on Showtime https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7187044/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also watched the first episode of the new HBO series Euphoria. Not sure what to make of it....as a parent of a teenager, definitely causes some discomfort. It is an American adaptation of a previous Israeli show.

Quote:
IMDB Description:

A look at life for a group of high school students as they grapple with issues of drugs, sex, and violence.

Sundays @ 10PM ET on HBO https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8772296/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Not a new show, but it's new to me...Mad Men. What an f'ing great show. Just never got around to watching it when it came out. In the middle of Season 5 right now.

You have to be careful...because sometimes you want to google a topic or character and read up more about it/them. You have to make sure you avoid spoilers. Its honestly probably better to not read up on anything at all until after you finish a show.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Not a new show, but it's new to me...Mad Men. What an f'ing great show. Just never got around to watching it when it came out. In the middle of Season 5 right now.

You have to be careful...because sometimes you want to google a topic or character and read up more about it/them. You have to make sure you avoid spoilers. Its honestly probably better to not read up on anything at all until after you finish a show.

I think I had to binge like 4 seasons to catch up when I finally began to watch....I recall feeling a connection to the actual characters near the end of that binge....like I knew them or worked with them. It was a great show....some seasons better than others.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Anybody watching Jett? It's about a female thief fresh out of jail who's coerced into getting back into the game. She plans the jobs. I watched the first two episodes. Got my interest. Giancarlo Esposito, Gustavo Fring from Better Call Saul, has a role as a gangster. If it catches on maybe it'll warrant a thread of its own.

GIVE A LOOK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anybody watching Jett? It's about a female thief fresh out of jail who's coerced into getting back into the game. She plans the jobs. I watched the first two episodes. Got my interest. Giancarlo Esposito, Gustavo Fring from Better Call Saul, has a role as a gangster. If it catches on maybe it'll warrant a thread of its own.

GIVE A LOOK

ironic...just heard about it for the first time a few hours ago....was talking to my sister and her husband, and she mentioned.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

MUST WATCH!!! If you have HBO I recommend the movie The Hate U Give. It's very close to reality. if you watch the entire movie without misting I ask "Do you have a heart?"

Thug life

The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everybody.”

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I watched the first 2 episodes of the new Amazon series "Too Old To Die Young" with Miles Teller, John Hawkes and others. Wow, it is slow! I mean you have to watch to understand.....they move slow, they talk slow....there is very long pauses between each sentence and action. I have no idea what is really going on or even if it is going to be good or terrible.....just slow so far.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Russian Doll was so good, does anyone know anything about the shows les revenants or Dark?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
Russian Doll was so good, does anyone know anything about the shows les revenants or Dark?

Dark is a complicated scifi, that is rewarding if you can keep track of the characters. I'm gonna rewatch season 1 and then watch season 2.

If you are going to watch Dark. Keep this handy:
https://i.redd.it/i063yx8ymy501.jpg
You'll thank me later.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

City on a hill is off to a nice, gritty start
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 6 of 110
Jump to: