Warriors Security/Ujiri Incident
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Warriors Security/Ujiri Incident

Let us talk honestly and sincerely about this without derailing the FA thread.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

Personally, I think it should be a non issue. Consider the circumstances at hand. This wasn't Ujiri punching out an officer at 7-11.

I understand the need to have heightened security, particulary when non-players approach the court for celebratory purposes. But this is being way overblown IMO.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

He's a prick. The officer asked him to show credentials, he shoved him aside, the officer shoved back (this is wrong, no questions), and Ujiri shoved him again, harder, and somehow struck him in the face. Should he go to jail? No. Is he a raging (bleep)? No question. Would it be hilarious if Warrior fans were so butthurt that they arrested him and charged him? Absolutely.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

It was a misunderstanding that does not need to go thru the court system.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

this is an "in the moment" thing.

Masai was "in the" euphoric championship moment.. and didn't think before getting into a shoving match witih the cop

The cop was "in the" pandemonium moment.. and didn't think that a person with a badge (but not THE badge) could be a legit personnel from one of the teams!

Not a drop of racism anywhere.

No "struck in the face" either.. (just as the warriors owner didn't "hit" lowry... it was a "shove".

Just because you're an exec, you don't get to act like a jackass. Just because you're a cop, you don't get to be belligerent!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

Jake Brigance.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
He's a prick. The officer asked him to show credentials, he shoved him aside, the officer shoved back (this is wrong, no questions), and Ujiri shoved him again, harder, and somehow struck him in the face. Should he go to jail? No. Is he a raging (bleep)? No question. Would it be hilarious if Warrior fans were so butthurt that they arrested him and charged him? Absolutely.

Yeah I want to see the videotape. Maybe he will have a body cam.

But this shouldn't be prosecuted.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

Really glad that staff member deescalated the incident. Would have been terrible to have that moment marred by something worse.

But on the streets, sadly, de-escalation is usually not what happens when it comes to both sides of the equation.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

If the facts show that Ujiri initiated the physical confrontation, then he's clearly at fault. If anything, it's a failure on the Raptors part to not have him prepared to go on the court. There should have been personnel on both sides of the guy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
If the facts show that Ujiri initiated the physical confrontation, then he's clearly at fault. If anything, it's a failure on the Raptors part to not have him prepared to go on the court. There should have been personnel on both sides of the guy.

That's the point. Let the facts come out first.

Does the cop have a body cam?

If the incident is true as described, are there mitigating factors that should be applied here?

Does this really need to become a federal (not literally) case or should both parties walk away?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Crazy! I don't think there's a policeman in Los Angeles that wouldn't have recognized Mitch Kupchak when he was GM. Maybe not Rob Pelinka.

The video is sketchy, no audio of what the officer and Ujiri said to one another. Did he say "I'm the Raptors GM?" Did the officer ask "Please show me proof of that?" So many unknowns.

This is the Raptors first chip. Obviously they had no idea of how to handle it. There are good people on both sides.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Potential Multi-Millionaire?

Better pay up fast or face civil court

I don't care who you are .. don't abuse someone and think you can brush it under the rug.

Where is the tape?

His status means absolutely nothing whatsoever in the mind and heart of the person he assaulted?

LMAO.. Perfect chance to share something

Quote:
Guy on the airplane was arguing with the flight attendant. It got heated.

He says "Do you know who I am!?"

She got on the overhead speaker and asked if someone can come help this man. "He doesn't know who he is"
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

who
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Crazy! I don't think there's a policeman in Los Angeles that wouldn't have recognized Mitch Kupchak when he was GM. Maybe not Rob Pelinka.

The video is sketchy, no audio of what the officer and Ujiri said to one another. Did he say "I'm the Raptors GM?" Did the officer ask "Please show me proof of that?" So many unknowns.

This is the Raptors first chip. Obviously they had no idea of how to handle it. There are good people on both sides.

Is there a policeman in Los Angeles who wouldn’t recognize Jon Horst?
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

He for sure had his credential in his hand.

And FWIW, I know the guy. Based on what I know, he for sure wasn't going to be belligerent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Why would Los Angeles policemen have need to recognize Jon Horst? I'm of a mind Milwaukee policemen recognize him.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Potential Multi-Millionaire?

Better pay up fast or face civil court

I don't care who you are .. don't abuse someone and think you can brush it under the rug.

Where is the tape?

His status means absolutely nothing whatsoever in the mind and heart of the person he assaulted?

LMAO.. Perfect chance to share something

Quote:
Guy on the airplane was arguing with the flight attendant. It got heated.

He says "Do you know who I am!?"

She got on the overhead speaker and asked if someone can come help this man. "He doesn't know who he is"

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

You know this to be true how? Do you have a video we're not privy to? The one released I saw doesn't support any of your accusations. I don't see the officer or Ujiri in close proximity. I haven't heard audio to support your contention. If you have substantiation please post all.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Why would Los Angeles policemen have need to recognize Jon Horst? I'm of a mind Milwaukee policemen recognize him.

I dunno. Why would Warriors security need to recognize the executive team of a team that is not their own?

Your comparison of Laker security recognizing a Laker exec isn’t really fair.

It would be more like expecting Laker security to recognize Jon Horst, which I doubt they would.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Rob Gillies
‏Verified account @rgilliescanada

Greg Wiener, a season ticket holder who was standing next to the officer, told The Associated Press the police are not telling the truth and are trying to cover up for what the officer did. He said Masai Ujiri never struck the officer in the face or asked for a credential.

https://twitter.com/rgilliescanada/status/1139607219547320320
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I dunno. Why would Warriors security need to recognize the executive team of a team that is not their own?

Your comparison of Laker security recognizing a Laker exec isn’t really fair.

It would be more like expecting Laker security to recognize Jon Horst, which I doubt they would.

Ujiri didn't get into an altercation with security it was with a County Sheriff Officer. I surmise the Sheriffs department deploying officers to an event would have knowledge of VIP's.

So many unknowns. How many people on the floor had "the correct" credentials? Did Masai identify himself? Who instigated the altercation?

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

^ Right.

I’m just saying its not a fair comparison to say LA police would recognize a former Laker GM being the same because we are talking about a sports executive of a team that is not local to the region.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

Not according to the eye witnesses.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

Rob Gillies
‏Verified account @rgilliescanada

Greg Wiener, a season ticket holder who was standing next to the officer, told The Associated Press the police are not telling the truth and are trying to cover up for what the officer did. He said Masai Ujiri never struck the officer in the face or asked for a credential.

https://twitter.com/rgilliescanada/status/1139607219547320320

uh oh...

Greg Wiener just earned the thin blue line treatment by alameda deputies for the rest of his life
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if this costs Masai the ten million annual salary offer he just got from the Wizards.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: