Nice to see a team that has bigs and a great mid-range scorer, like the 2007-2010 Lakers win games in the Finals

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject: Nice to see a team that has bigs and a great mid-range scorer, like the 2007-2010 Lakers win games in the Finals

I still think Golden State wins in 6 games, with Durant coming back after game 3.

However it's nice to see that if you have bigs with enough skill, and size, and a great mid-range scoring wing, it can work. Means to me, the Gasol/Odom/Bynum Lakers with Kobe, even in today's era, will win against most teams if we spaced out the floor a bit more in the offense.

I know basketball has changed, but the way the Raptors play it's nice to see. They shoot lots of 3 pointers, but they also have the size and use the mid-range game.

Gasol/Ibaka/Pascal. With Kawhi. Love it man. Reminds me of the last good Laker run.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

the warriors are completely lame.

no team ever in history can have this many players out of playoff games and have it be no problem. completely ridiculous. how this is allowed but cp3 with kobe is not is crazy.

never before. curry out, they win. kd out, they win. klay out, they win. no gsw for the past few years has experienced the feeling that ALL other ring squads have had in the past that an injury to a starter will basically take you out of the running.

and then they want to add the superlatives of greatness to curry or the team or whatever. nope. they are just loaded and boring and ridiculous. AND the refs still help them along the way. people trying their damnest to believe this is exciting. there is no drama here, this is all manufactured nonsense.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

I don't know who would win, the 2009/2010 Lakers or 2018/2019 Warriors (healthy) but boy would I love to see Draymond and Boogie/Bogut vs Pau and Lamar. Curry would absolutely destroy Fisher though.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I don't know who would win, the 2009/2010 Lakers or 2018/2019 Warriors (healthy) but boy would I love to see Draymond and Boogie/Bogut vs Pau and Lamar. Curry would absolutely destroy Fisher though.

prime Kobe vs prime KD, would love to see that
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

You think Klay takes most of the defensive assignment on Kobe to save KD's energy? And how well will Kobe do against a guy that's half a foot taller? He did guard Melo but I think KD has a few inches on Melo too.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
governator wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

You think Klay takes most of the defensive assignment on Kobe to save KD's energy? And how well will Kobe do against a guy that's half a foot taller? He did guard Melo but I think KD has a few inches on Melo too.

I would assume Klay will guard Kobe and Artest will guard KD. Kobe did good against T-Mac and LeBron, i think both of them are more nimble than KD but KD is much longer. Still give the edge to Kobe
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I think LA might cross match Artest on Dray and use a lot of Odom on KD. THe real interesting matchup would be Kobe guarding Klay. Klay perennially tops the guys who run the most miles in NBA games and he's just relentless running off one screen after another. That's an achilles of Kobe's.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I think LA might cross match Artest on Dray and use a lot of Odom on KD. THe real interesting matchup would be Kobe guarding Klay. Klay perennially tops the guys who run the most miles in NBA games and he's just relentless running off one screen after another. That's an achilles of Kobe's.

Kobe seen it with Rip
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Too soon
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

Only the Raptors shot 35-40 three point shots. That was pretty much a 7-game series for those Lakers.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Only the Raptors shot 35-40 three point shots. That was pretty much a 7-game series for those Lakers.

If you look at the Lakers run in 2009, we were shooting 3 pointers very well and at a high clip, in terms of league average. As the league evolved into shooting more and more, the Lakers would needed to have adjusted which I think they would.

Interesting stats on the 2008-09 Lakers

3rd in O rating
5th in league pace
15th in 3PT attempts

For sure to keep up with this era of scoring, Pau and Lamar would need to have to shoot more 3's. But having an effecitive post scorer like Bynum, an equally effective post scorer like Pau who could then also stretch the floor as a stretch 5. Having Lamar's versatility. Having Ariza and Shannon Brown's athleticism. Kobe in his prime.

I think this team can compete with any current elite team, especially the Raptors.

Even so, nice to just see the Raps up 3-1 on the verge of winning it all. Basketball can change all it wants. When you have an elite mid-range scoring wing, extremely good size and skill with real bigs, you play defense, you will be an elite team. The Raptors are a modern day version of what the Lakers team was back then IMO. There are some differences for sure, but I see many similarities.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

Raps did it - great to see it happen for a team that was built with balance. Size, defense, rebounding, mid-range iso scorer, 3 point shooting. It wasn't D'Antoni's offense, it wasn't just point guard running high screen roll or same point guard isolating 1000 times. It was a really good balanced team that played the right way.

Really good job - and I swear if Lebron has 2 healthy playoff seasons in him and we give him a similar team, I can confidently say he'll get you deep, and give you a real shot at a ring.

We need to look at the Raps and not think stars are the only way to win. AD is the right star in my book because he does what much of Ibaka/Gasol do anyway. He's basically both players minus the toughness and physicality that Marc brings. You add a physical big that can shoot the 3 next to AD. You surround Lebron/AD with some 3nD wing players. A vet PG that is a good leader and can shoot. You're right away in position to make a run.

I don't think we're looking at it that way, we're probably too caught up in the star angle. I hope we're looking at AD with that much value because of what he brings to the court, not the star appeal. If right after trading for AD we then go and sign a 3rd max guy, I'll know for sure we don't know how to build a team that wins. Lets see if Rob and crew know what they're doing. I've supported the AD trade because I'm still a big believer in balance wins rings. AD brings so much balance to the floor, assuming Lebron is next to him. All you need is the right role players then around them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: