2019 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 246, 247, 248  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
^Girlname Homeless-Collector basically said that after the game. "You know, my god, I can't even say it with a straight face," Bumgarner said. "I was going to say the more I think about it, you've got to just let the kids play, that's what everybody is saying, but ... They want to let everybody be themselves. Let me by myself -- that's me, you know?" he said. "I'd just as soon fight than walk or whatever. You just do your thing, I'll do mine. Everybody is different. I can't speak for everybody else, but that's just how I want to play. And that's how I'm going to."

That name is just too funny. LOL.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject:

too lazy to find the Angels thread to post this. Mike Trout is pissing away his prime years playing for a JV franchise. i know the money is good, maybe that's all that matters to him, but outside of games playing against marquee teams, we don't hear a peep about Trout anymore. what a shame, he could've be the face of MLB had he joins the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox or the Cubs.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Dodgers telling me to go to bed early tonight
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
too lazy to find the Angels thread to post this. Mike Trout is pissing away his prime years playing for a JV franchise. i know the money is good, maybe that's all that matters to him, but outside of games playing against marquee teams, we don't hear a peep about Trout anymore. what a shame, he could've be the face of MLB had he joins the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox or the Cubs.

I don't think it's necessarily the money. He could and would get that amount from 29/30 teams (Dodgers being the one team that would probably try to be "smart" and not offer him that sorta $).
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

It sure would be nice if anyone besides Muncy could get some hits and score some runs...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Seager injured, at least a Grade 2 hammy strain. Probably out at least 4-6 weeks. MRI tomorrow. Right when he was starting to really lock in.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Not true, if you follow baseball or more than one team....
That being said its not Mike Trout's fault that the Angels can't build a contender. Its not Mike Trout's fault that the organization seems to be more focused on moving the team than they do with their farm system. Just remember the Angels a decade ago were perennial playoff team. If anything Mike Trout's loyalty to the Angels means that the Yankees or Red Sox don't suck all the talent from the MLB.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

What a terrible night. We get swept by a sub .500 team and lose Seager for some time.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
What a terrible night. We get swept by a sub .500 team and lose Seager for some time.

Agreed. Awful news about Seager, especially after he started to come around.

On the bright side, the Dodgers did sign one of their first-rounders in Hoese and didn't go overslot. Now they gotta sign Busch and get these guys in their developmental system quickly. They might advance through the minors very quickly with their hitting skills. It'd be a huge plus if they did, and more than makes up for not being able to sign their first-rounder Ginn last year.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I don't think it's necessarily the money. He could and would get that amount from 29/30 teams (Dodgers being the one team that would probably try to be "smart" and not offer him that sorta $).

He also said he saw what happened w/ Harper and Machado on the open market and it made him think twice.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

the Angels are like those bad Clipper teams in the 90s, they always played Lakers tough, just as the Angels against the Dodgers in recent years.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
the Angels are like those bad Clipper teams in the 90s, they always played Lakers tough, just as the Angels against the Dodgers in recent years.

There's a path to them becoming pretty good in the next 2-3 years, if they can develop and/or sign some quality starting pitching. Obviously, they have Trout, and Ohtani can really swing it, too. If he ever gets back to being able to give them, say, 20-25 starts as a quality starter and 400 AB's as a quality hitter, he'll likely get MVP votes most years. My guess is that Ohtani eventually becomes their first baseman, allowing Upton to DH, and that could get Jo Adell and Brandon Marsh into the outfield, greatly improving the outfield defense. Simmons is a quality SS because of his impeccable defense and decent bat, and I'm guessing they try to get him extended. Griffin Canning looks like a keeper, and, for their sake, hopefully he has better injury luck than the likes of Heaney and Skaggs. They will also get a lot of salary relief once Pujols' contract finally comes off the books, but that's not for 3 more years (unless he unexpectedly retires before then).
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

This blows losing a surging Seager but riddle me this ...why not move Taylor to short and send a search and resci for Andrew Toles for an extra outfielder for the next few weeks?
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
This blows losing a surging Seager but riddle me this ...why not move Taylor to short and send a search and resci for Andrew Toles for an extra outfielder for the next few weeks?

Taylor and Kike will split time at short while Seager is out.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Seager is becoming Lonzo Ball, the guy just can't stay healthy
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Potentially decent news on Seager's injury, from Alden Gonzalez on Twitter:

Dodgers SS Corey Seager has been placed on the injured list, but it appears his hamstring strain isn't as bad as the team initially feared. It's between a Grade 1 and a Grade 2, which means he could, theoretically, come back before 4-6 weeks. Dodgers will take it day by day.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Seager is becoming Lonzo Ball, the guy just can't stay healthy

He was healthy his first full two years, missing little time, and only missed time last season to get two surgeries that will set him up well for the future (no more hip or elbow issues). I think this hammy is pretty minor.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Just a bummer it happened as he was finally turning things around. Oh well. I have complete faith in Corey. He's just too good a hitter
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

The Dodgers got hot starting in mid May after Seager went down last season and needed Tommy John surgery.

That gives me hope that they can keep winning at a high rate until Seager comes back from this injury, especially if Bellinger snaps out of his slump and gets hot again.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Dodgers got hot starting in mid May after Seager went down last season and needed Tommy John surgery.

That gives me hope that they can keep winning at a high rate until Seager comes back from this injury, especially if Bellinger snaps out of his slump and gets hot again.

He's not looking as confident at the plate as he did to start the year. And the league has found yet another vulnerability in his swing that they are exploiting for strikes. Check out his stats on low and away. Garbage. Probably because he has overcompensated to take away low and in. But even when he was en fuego and hitting virtually everything everywhere, low and away was a go-to quadrant for strikes and weak contact.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
slavavov wrote:

He's not looking as confident at the plate as he did to start the year. And the league has found yet another vulnerability in his swing that they are exploiting for strikes. Check out his stats on low and away. Garbage. Probably because he has overcompensated to take away low and in. But even when he was en fuego and hitting virtually everything everywhere, low and away was a go-to quadrant for strikes and weak contact.

Dude just hit 2 hrs tonight. Great timing!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

[tip-of-the-cap]Really took it to my Cubbies tonight . . . [/tip-of-the-cap]
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Well, I think it’s safe to say Bellinger has broken out of his slump. And man, Muncy has been mashing lately.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Well, I think it’s safe to say Bellinger has broken out of his slump. And man, Muncy has been mashing lately.

I hope you're right but it's not safe to me yet.

He has to string together a few more good games for me to say he's broken out of the slump.

Let's see how it goes. It's a great sign though.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
srm90 wrote:

I hope you're right but it's not safe to me yet.

He has to string together a few more good games for me to say he's broken out of the slump.

Let's see how it goes. It's a great sign though.

Yes. What many tend to forget is that the hitter is not the only factor. Belli got two good pitches to hit, that should be hit by major league hitters, and though we must give him credit for putting good wood on both, especially going the other way on the first, we need to see how well he hits those low and away or the tough pitches before turning away the slump buster.

Still, Cody must be feeling a whole lot better today than the past several weeks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 246, 247, 248  Next
Page 69 of 248
Jump to: