OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1689, 1690, 1691 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
So the in the Scoop B deal should read
Pels get : Kuzma, Ball, Hart, #4, Wagner, Bonga
Lakers get: AD

So that leaves a team which would consist of
LeBron, Davis, Ingram, the max slot, a MLE and the south bay Lakers

yeah, you do that deal

Nope, wouldn't have a max slot. Ingram's contract is too big I think

That's why I'm a fan of keeping Kuzma over Ball/Ingram, keeps a fair amount of cap space open. That said, would be happy if we keep Ingram (won't be sad to see Lonzo go)

Yes, we would. I literally just made a long post about that on the previous page lol.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

yeah, you do that deal

That's why I'm a fan of keeping Kuzma over Ball/Ingram, keeps a fair amount of cap space open. That said, would be happy if we keep Ingram (won't be sad to see Lonzo go)

Yes, we would. I literally just made a long post about that on the previous page lol.

Does that include min salary cap holds? Seems really strange that we'd have that much money to work with
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
If you Keep Ingram there's no room for another max is that correct?

I thought we wouldn’t be able to have a max space anyway after the trade regardless which package we offer.

This really has been repeated so often in this thread. You have to be able to send out just a shade under $21.6MM in outgoing salary to have a within-the-rules, salary-matching trade for AD. The order of sequence would be agreeing to a trade before free agency (but that it can't go through officially until 30 days after the #4 pick signs), signing a max free agent with cap space, and then officially executing the salary-matching trade for AD. So when thinking about an AD trade, any trade that sends out at least that nearly $21.6MM figure must be accomplished. On the first page of this thread you should see salary figures for certain players, and you can also go to sites like Basketball Insiders to look at specific salary figures for players on the Lakers and other teams, if you'd like. I will also note that you can sign the #4 pick to 120% of scale, meaning the actual salary of that player that goes out in the eventual trade could actually be just over $7MM. Anyhow, the following trades would get you to that nearly $21.6MM figure...

--First Scenario: Lonzo, BI, and #4. Our top 3 assets get you there.

--Second Scenario: Keeping BI. If you did that, you'd have to send out Lonzo, #4, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga. Doesn't leave us very much depth, however.

--Third Scenario: Keeping Lonzo. If you did that, you'd have to send out BI, #4, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, and Bonga, and you'd still be slightly short. This means that you would have to get the Pels to agree to take back a player like Jemerrio Jones for the added salary, but that also means that you'd have to keep Jones' hold on the books during free agency, which means that the max free agent would have to take slightly less than the max. And like the Second Scenario, you also have virtually no depth left.

So there are basically only two trades we can make that get us to the necessary salary, with the third one leaving us just shy of max space.

That’s how I understood it initially but Bard said it couldn’t be done. Maybe I misunderstood him. Thanks
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

yeah, you do that deal

Does that include min salary cap holds? Seems really strange that we'd have that much money to work with

We've literally spent the last what, 5 years, discussing every possible scenario of having 3 max contracts on the same team...but having the money to have 3 max contracts and Ingram's rookie deal seems out of the realm of possibility? Cap increases make a difference. We've screwed the following year but its hypothetically possible
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject:

^
You would have to renounce your cap holds, meaning guys like KCP, McGee, Jones, Bullock, Rondo, Stephenson, Chandler, and Muscala (lol).
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Once again, Lonzo over Ingram. Kuzma over Ingram.

Facts
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Facts

I got a question..why do we care about one over the other? Griffin has no leverage for the uptenth time...why are we giving away anything but a resigned kcp+bonga+wagner+future 1st and 2nd?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Facts

I got a question..why do we care about one over the other? Griffin has no leverage for the uptenth time...why are we giving away anything but a resigned kcp+bonga+wagner+future 1st and 2nd?

Because he's trading his superstar not giving him away. You offer that garbage and watch him end up in Boston. "But he won't re-sign" yeah you think that now. Peoples minds change like the weather.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

would you rather have

BI +LONZO+LB+MAX FA+KUZ+ #4
if any of those break out they can be traded at deadline or we push for the playoffs
We would have three stars
if one gets hurt so what we got others to pickup the slack
OR

1 Max+ LB+AD+MIN VETS
only hope is that none of them get hurt

WHO WINNING IN THIS SITUATION
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

If Javelle McGee came back for somewhere around the vet minimum, I wonder how he would look next to AD defensively?

I do believe we'd have one of the fastest frontlines in the league. Bron, AD and Javelle can run all day.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject:

So we go from Lonzo, Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Hart, Clarkson, Kuzma, max slot to 35 year old Lebron, injury prone AD and a Max slot? Uhh isnt the point to progress not regress?...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:44 am    Post subject:

All this time and effort to get cap space to just not going to pitch to max free agents. Go to hell, Klutch!
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:46 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
So we go from Lonzo, Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Hart, Clarkson, Kuzma, max slot to 35 year old Lebron, injury prone AD and a Max slot? Uhh isnt the point to progress not regress?...

THANK MAGIC...THE BASKETBALL GOD
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Where is our perimeter defense after trading everyone for AD ?

Where’s our perimeter defense when they’re sitting out 30 games per season?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
So we go from Lonzo, Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Hart, Clarkson, Kuzma, max slot to 35 year old Lebron, injury prone AD and a Max slot? Uhh isnt the point top progress not regress?...

Oh boi

Let's have a fantasy draft with those pool of players you mentioned. Who's your 1st 2nd and 3rd pick?
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

I can't believe we're pages in talking about a Scoop B "rumor"

I thought by now it was clear he has no "sources". There's absolutely no way Ingram is not the centerpiece of any AD deal at this point, but right, let's forget about logic and go along with Scoop B...
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:
So we go from Lonzo, Dlo, Ingram, Randle, Nance, Hart, Clarkson, Kuzma, max slot to 35 year old Lebron, injury prone AD and a Max slot? Uhh isnt the point top progress not regress?...

Oh boi

Let's have a fantasy draft with those pool of players you mentioned. Who's your 1st 2nd and 3rd pick?

Yeah... I don't get why people talk like it's some madness. I'm not the first guy on the "trade them all" train, but I'll absolutely find it awesome if we end up trading 6 role players, one bordnerline all-star and 2 potential fringe stars for 2 legit superstars, specially when one is a Top2 player all-time and the other is the most dominant big guy in the league and hasn't even entered his prime yet.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not at all surprised the deal is still not done despite the Ingram, Ball and 4 offer. Only in Laker land does anyone think Ingram and Ball are players worth keeping over AD. You are not getting equal value here if you are the Pels. Plus you know AD will stay in LA longterm. AD would be a starter and an all star on a contender as the teams second best player maybe third best. Ball and Ingram are years away from being that player and there is a better chance they will never even be an all star.

LA is going to have to push for this. We will see if they can get this done. It is nice to hear that ADs agent is talking to Boston and telling them that AD will not stay there longterm.

Im still wondering how anyone is debating this

Simple.

No other serious suitors.

We've seen stars traded for less.

Ok pjiddy I understand that. If you keep ball and send Ingram and #4 you are know taking the max slot out of play. You are absorbing the difference into cap space. With the possibility of uncle Dennis delivering Kawhi to go along with AD that’s a win for me. I don’t know how anybody can say a offseason or Anthony Davis and Kawhi is a failure

If they was willing to part ways with AD for trash they wouldn’t be sending him to the Lakers!!! What’s so hard to understand about that?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

Car54 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

But but but you get you a AD! AAAA...DDDDDDD! HE GOING TO SAVE US...sitting on the bench
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not at all surprised the deal is still not done despite the Ingram, Ball and 4 offer. Only in Laker land does anyone think Ingram and Ball are players worth keeping over AD. You are not getting equal value here if you are the Pels. Plus you know AD will stay in LA longterm. AD would be a starter and an all star on a contender as the teams second best player maybe third best. Ball and Ingram are years away from being that player and there is a better chance they will never even be an all star.

LA is going to have to push for this. We will see if they can get this done. It is nice to hear that ADs agent is talking to Boston and telling them that AD will not stay there longterm.

Simple.

Ok pjiddy I understand that. If you keep ball and send Ingram and #4 you are know taking the max slot out of play. You are absorbing the difference into cap space. With the possibility of uncle Dennis delivering Kawhi to go along with AD that’s a win for me. I don’t know how anybody can say a offseason or Anthony Davis and Kawhi is a failure

If they was willing to part ways with AD for trash they wouldn’t be sending him to the Lakers!!! What’s so hard to understand about that?

WE OWN ALL THE CARD? What you dont get?

1.Kyrei out the Door Bye Ainge
2.Agent SAYS WE NOT STAYING WITH ANY TEAM OTHER THAN LAKERS NY
3.STAR WANTS TO LEAVE
4. STAR ONLY HAS THIS YEAR ON CONTRACT
5.WE HAVE ENOUGH TO TRADE WITHOUT GIVING THE FARM
6.??? DO YOU NEED MORE AT THIS POINT?THAT YOU IN THE DRIVERS SEAT?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:

I got even one better foir ya..WALK AWAY and talk to other teams about trades for their stars and see what happens with the PELS

MEDIA TAKES IT AND RUNS THAT RUMOR

PELS: RING RING RING

Whoops! you have to have the ca' HONNIES to walk away and do other deals which our FO seems not to have.

Last edited by JustaObserver on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Simple.

We're going to have a healthy LeBron James, get to keep one of Lonzo/BI/Kuz, retain the ability to add a max FA and add AD. That's a big win. The folks complaining either are grossly overstating how good that young trio is or don't understand how great AD is.

If we can add AD, keep either of those young players AND have room to add another max FA to add to LeBron we absolutely come out winners. It doesn't matter which of the young guns we keep as long as we keep one.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:06 am    Post subject:

We are bidding against ourselves. If the Celtics want to risk the farm, let them. I'm content at going into free agency and signing Jimmy Butler and perhaps a Deandre Jordan/Vucevic type player.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Black Sheep wrote:

Oh boi

Let me make it even more clear then I guess

We could have..

Lonzo
Dlo
Ingram
Randle
Magee or max slot

Bench:
Clarkson
Nance
Kuzma
Hart

Instead we might have

max slot
Lebron
Kuzma?
Ad

Bench:
??

Last edited by Black Sheep on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

But but but you get you a AD! AAAA...DDDDDDD! HE GOING TO SAVE US...sitting on the bench

Davis 66 games per season
Ingram 63 games per season
Zo 50 games per season

Our young guys are playing even less than the superstar you guys think is injury prone. I'd be genuinely worried if I were a Pel's fan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1689, 1690, 1691 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1690 of 8560
Jump to: