OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1608, 1609, 1610 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I was talking about having both LBJ and PG... but if we swapped LBJ for PG then we'd have a better chance at one of the big agents coming here to play with PG and the core.

The team would have been more cohesive because you have loyal PG... instead of snake LBJ who preaches about picking up your teammate when he's on the floor... yet trades them at the first sign of trouble.

Which big FA has ever joined PG? That was his beef with the Pacers, that they couldn't attract top FAs.

This is just disingenous IMO. They would not have made the playoffs with just PG last year. But you have not addressed my main point. The Lakers, assuming PG came by himself (which I doubt), would have likely traded for AD and signed a 3rd max, no? What loyalty does he owe to BI/Lonzo? He could have easily asked the Lakers to trade them for veteran star help.

Lakers have been trying to get multiple max players since Mitch and Jim. Historically even longer than that as a franchise (agreeing).

Combining chill PG with one of the elite FAs seems an easier proposition than pairing one with LBJ.

KD described it himself.

Maybe, maybe not. History hasn't proven true.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

For a fanbase that hasn't sniffed success in 6 years, we sure do love nitpicking over superstar players.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/pelicans/article_50737cbe-8d1f-11e9-bd86-07dbc8b66a3a.html

Wow, this just shows you what type of moron in Demps that the Lakers had to deal with.

Quote:
Paul said in the report that he informed Demps of Davis' desire to be traded on on Jan. 25, three days before the news broke in a report from ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

As Paul tells the story, Demps said he'd speak with Pelicans owner Gayle Benson, but instead called Davis and never reconnected with Paul. Later, Paul said, Wojnarowski called him to confirm the trade demand, and the wild news cycle began to spin.

"It was necessary to go public. When I told you, 'Here's our intentions,' and you say, 'Hey, let me talk to ownership,' and instead ... you call Anthony Davis? That's called being ignored," Paul told SI.

He said Demps, who did not offer comment for the story, was seemingly attempting to get between Davis and Paul to handle the situation.

"That's a no-no. Every GM knows that," Paul said.

And Paul knows that Demps didn’t call the owner because?

That's what you got from reading that?
For me it was more about Demps trying to circumvent Rich and talk to AD directly.

My point is that maybe he was directed to do so. Paul is coming at it from a “poor me” angle, I am sure that things were not quite the same as his account.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
You as usual talk about how you want to keep the core as your first option... yet also continuously justify trading them.

A born politician.

I may be disliked by half or even more of the posters... but at least I'm consistent about where I stand.

See, this is your issue. You only have one way and you're sticking by it. It's not intellectually rigorous at all.

This is not about consistency. No one is running for LG President. I just happen to be flexible in viewing many paths to an enjoyable team. I'm sad for you that you have limited your worldview to such a myopic angle. That is self-inflicted (and hasn't even happened yet).

Which makes it all the more baffling why you post like a politician.

Look I'll stop with the personal comments

(Mods I only called him a politician because he keeps saying I'm miserable)

But I simply disagree with that one path.

The fact that so many like that path is what makes me seem "negative" or contrarian.

Bottom line is that depth is one approach... and lack of depth with superstars is another and they are both defensible positions.

Doesn't make me miserable because I defend my side with passion.

You don't have a preference or you think both ways are viable.... I simply disagree.

We will soon find out.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

anything new?
NO!
BACK TO BREAKFAST
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
3baller wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
3baller wrote:
We're trying to build a championship contender and usually that means a team with 3 superstars and vet mins or 2 superstars and some mid-level vets plus a couple of vet mins.

That is the ultimate goal. The hope is for the kids to one day become superstars themselves so we'd have a contender. But there is no guarantee that BI or Zo or the 4th pick would ever become superstars.

Right now we are already in the position to have at least 2 superstars in Lebron and AD with a chance of convincing a 3rd superstar to join the pair. Now is the best opportunity for us to build a contender. We're potentially getting 2-3 not only superstars but top 5 players and future Hall of Famers and some are rejecting that idea because they're 'hoping' that BI or ZO would become superstars themselves?

Even if we don't get a 3rd superstar, Lebron + AD + one of Kuz, Zo, BI + 30M left to spend for quality vets in my mind will be a contender. So don't tell me that we would instantly have no depth if we trade for AD.

Basic question....ummm did you see what vet mins we put around leking? Welp picture those beaslies playing when the “stars” need a breather or get hurt 😆. Picture Mcgee at the rim and getting blocked by it or a behind the back pass ...to no one 😂....yep that’ll work. Picture Bonga playing heavy minutes with Wagner or chandler wooooo weeee!! Entertainment at it finest...up 20pts now down 5😅😅

1.) Collison 40% 3pt or Rubio (13M)
2.) Danny Green 45.5% 3pt or Brogdon 42.6% 3pt (14M)
3.) Lebron (37.4M)
4.) Davis 33% 3 pt(27.1M)
5.) Dedmon 38.2% 3pt or Brolo 36.5% 3pt (8M)

6.) Trey Burke 35.2% 3pt or Seth Curry 45% 3pt (min)
7.) Bullock 37.7% 3pt(MLE)
8.) Jeff Green (min)
9.) Kuz (2M)
10.) Mcgee (min)

11.) Wagner (2.1M)
12.) Bonga (1.4M)

Deng (5M)

Total: 109.7M + exceptions(over the cap but it's below before trading for AD)

Just one example. That we would have no depth after trading for AD is a myth.

One again did you see what our FO put atound this team? If your not about to be employed by them expect the same. Some of the players you mentioned are res competent but I go back to did you see what OUR FO put around the king?😅
Also so e of those players you did mention wouldn’t answer the phone from the lakers and that’s bro and deng. Also kuz goes on the package for ad so he gone unless we cloning him. Seth curry leaving? Lol
Robin the guy who is just similar to lonzo as both terrible shooters? Lol
And you still got Mcgee so he can be shaqtin a fool

1.) See the 'or's?
2.) We're not getting back Deng. We're still paying for his stretched contract

You the one that got deng sitting up there with 5m attached
Also are you going to answer the question did you see what are “great” FO put around the king? 😂 and you want them to actually do something logical? It wouldn’t surprise me if they brought back fisher and Arron Mickey to play for them....the best thing they know how to do during these years is draft and that’s because they let the scouting dept do their job until magic started meddling with that....and we giving away that also for ad smh. They have sucked at getting free agents or vet mins ...come on down Corey brewer and head of the snake pffft lol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:

When you post about how you're going to no longer watch the Lakers until LBJ and Klutch are gone, or that you'll be more of a Pels fan, and such and such, yes, objectively those are signs of misery.

You don't have to go there b/c thankfully there are several good paths IMO this summer. Not just one.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

Nets looking at Kyrie and Tobias:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840686-tobias-harris-rumors-nets-76ers-star-have-mutual-free-agent-interest
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

BadGuy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
The crazy thing is that AD is ONLY 26!
He hasn't even hit his physical prime yet.
26! Only 2-1/2 years older than Kyle Kuzma.

Anthony Davis is the modern day KG, if everyone wanted Garnett when he was with the Wolves then you should be excited about AD.

KD was a winner in Minny. AD in NO? Not so much. So besides the only thing that matters, they are the same.
KG was a winner in Minny? what was it..7 or 8 straight 1st round exits? i forgot. thats winning?

Evidently you have no concept what winning is if you prefer no playoffs to being in the playoffs.

We're Lakers fans. Losing later than other teams is still losing. You either win the championship, or you are a loser. Plain and simple.

Amen. You go all out to win the whole thing. We are not the Clippers.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/pelicans/article_50737cbe-8d1f-11e9-bd86-07dbc8b66a3a.html

Wow, this just shows you what type of moron in Demps that the Lakers had to deal with.

Quote:
Paul said in the report that he informed Demps of Davis' desire to be traded on on Jan. 25, three days before the news broke in a report from ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

As Paul tells the story, Demps said he'd speak with Pelicans owner Gayle Benson, but instead called Davis and never reconnected with Paul. Later, Paul said, Wojnarowski called him to confirm the trade demand, and the wild news cycle began to spin.

"It was necessary to go public. When I told you, 'Here's our intentions,' and you say, 'Hey, let me talk to ownership,' and instead ... you call Anthony Davis? That's called being ignored," Paul told SI.

He said Demps, who did not offer comment for the story, was seemingly attempting to get between Davis and Paul to handle the situation.

For me it was more about Demps trying to circumvent Rich and talk to AD directly.

My point is that maybe he was directed to do so. Paul is coming at it from a “poor me” angle, I am sure that things were not quite the same as his account.

Well yea anything could have happen.
But since we have at least one side of the story printed, I'll go with this context. Either he was told to do so by the owner or not, is circumventing the agent who has been in contact with you the norm?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840686-tobias-harris-rumors-nets-76ers-star-have-mutual-free-agent-interest

That's quite a step down from Kyrie/KD.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

When you post about how you're going to no longer watch the Lakers until LBJ and Klutch are gone, or that you'll be more of a Pels fan, and such and such, yes, objectively those are signs of misery.

You don't have to go there b/c thankfully there are several good paths IMO this summer. Not just one.

But I would feel miserable rooting for a team that got rid of all the kids.

I wouldn't feel miserable rooting for the team that gained them.

In my book that's adapting... not misery.

But I hope you are right that Vegas is wrong and we don't end up overpaying for AD.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
jg77 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Think about how much Thunders gave up for PG13. Think about how much Raptors gave up for Leonard. Then you see some people here willing to trade everything including Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, #4 pick and future picks for AD.

The Pacers got an equally good player back in Oladipo. And Pop's idea of pairing Derozan with Murray was a good one but Murray tore his acl.

Cmon that's not telling the whole story. PG named the Lakers specifically, hence he comes at a discount to any team that takes the risk of trading for him because he might be a rental. Same thing with Kawhi, the Raptors took a chance. That's why it's not an "equal" swap. If Nola trades AD to anywhere else, it would be for far less than the Lakers package because of RP saying he'll be a rental.

Right, so Rich Paul is not doing us any favor with everything he has said so far

Theoretically, yes you're right. But I do think outcomes COULD have been different for PG and Kawhi had their agents been more blunt about being a rental. We'll see though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Max for Tobias? So they still lose DLO?
Does Brooklyn not like DLO or something?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
If we had 34 yo Kobe still at the top of his game offensively and coming off a minor injury, you better bet your ass he’d be trying to trade the entire young core for AD as well. So all this blind hate Lebron is getting here is because of who he is, rather than what he’s trying to do.

The Lakers really dont need a star player pushing for a trade to happen... they would want to do that all on their own if the opportunity presents itself.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

That's quite a step down from Kyrie/KD.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:

Quote:

Well yea anything could have happen.
But since we have at least one side of the story printed, I'll go with this context. Either he was told to do so by the owner or not, is circumventing the agent who has been in contact with you the norm?

I really don’t know. I would talk to the player, I have found that things get slanted by bias when information passes through several hands. Like the old telephone game. But I am not involved so that is just my personal way of handling things.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Tobias is one of those guys that fits in most situations
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I was talking about having both LBJ and PG... but if we swapped LBJ for PG then we'd have a better chance at one of the big agents coming here to play with PG and the core.

The team would have been more cohesive because you have loyal PG... instead of snake LBJ who preaches about picking up your teammate when he's on the floor... yet trades them at the first sign of trouble.

Which big FA has ever joined PG? That was his beef with the Pacers, that they couldn't attract top FAs.

This is just disingenous IMO. They would not have made the playoffs with just PG last year. But you have not addressed my main point. The Lakers, assuming PG came by himself (which I doubt), would have likely traded for AD and signed a 3rd max, no? What loyalty does he owe to BI/Lonzo? He could have easily asked the Lakers to trade them for veteran star help.

Lakers have been trying to get multiple max players since Mitch and Jim. Historically even longer than that as a franchise (agreeing).

Combining chill PG with one of the elite FAs seems an easier proposition than pairing one with LBJ.

KD described it himself.

Huh? When a man chooses OKC over LA (after fawning over how much he wanted to be in LA), then "chill" isn't the word that comes to mind first.

What does choosing where you play have to do with your disposition?

And we don't know for sure if he was spurned or he chose to stay.

He said he did... but it's also very possible he only did so to save face.

Man you are reaching today.

He's reaching? That's rich. lol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AD will be a welcome addition. With that in mind I wouldn't gut our young core to get him. Magic tried that and killed the chemistry. We were in 4th place when he went AD ballistic.

I've been a Laker fan since 1960. I've seen the Good the Bad and the Ugly. I'm not a win now fan, I'm a fan for life. If it take another 2-3 years to become a contender I'm on board.

Go slow, build from a solid core, draft wisely, trade to help not to win now. Use of the 4th pick is very important. Think about it, be wise.

That has its drawbacks too joe. Lebron has three more years. Ingram’s is due for his extension next year and ball and kuzma the season after. If you extend all your young players and cap yourself out if they don’t turn into stars your now a middle of the road team. The Eddie Jones, van exel, Campbell and divac was a team that would make the playoffs as a 4 to 8 seed but they were never going to win anything but west traded them all. It seemed to work out well

That's where GM expertise becomes relevant. A position where our FO is sorely lacking. We also need to rebuild our coaching staff. I'm in a wait and see mode as far as what Vogel and company will do. Quell some of the voices. Forge a path and stay on it.

As much as I don't like admitting it look at what Angie did in Boston. He built from the ground up and had a good squad in place. Look what happened when he went after a super star.

LeBron was a great get. Magic threw a monkey wrench in the plan by offering the country house and the condo for AD.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
If we had 34 yo Kobe still at the top of his game offensively and coming off a minor injury, you better bet your ass he’d be trying to trade the entire young core for AD as well. So all this blind hate Lebron is getting here is because of who he is, rather than what he’s trying to do.

The Lakers really dont need a star player pushing for a trade to happen... they would want to do that all on their own if the opportunity presents itself.

But Davis is the one pushing himself to the Lakers, it’s more about him and his future than it is about Lebron since he’s 26 compared to Bron’s 34.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

I still wouldnt mind Tobias as backup plan if he's willing to sign for less than max.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

Irving would be an ideal fit on the Lakers. He plays well with Lebron even though they did not get along all the time. But he seems a realistic option.

Then all have to do is get a center, backup center, and a rebounding PF.

Would forget about AD for with this team and a lot of depth the Lakers are a lock for the playoffs and a threat to GSW.
In fact that was the last team to beat GSW in finals. But need a deep team to win nowdays.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Tobias is one of those guys that fits in most situations

I like Tobias, he seems like a good player and a third scorer. Plays
hard and gives it his all; I like hose players.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

What's with people's love for Tobias Harris? Dudes a glorified role player. Yall trying to pay him 20+ mil?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1608, 1609, 1610 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1609 of 8560
Jump to: