DUI driver causes terrible car accident (Dash Cam Video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
In this case according to the CBS report it wasn't alcohol but the driver was smoking the ganja. Sorry to spoil the narrative.

And which "narrative" would that be . . . ?

You know the whole alcohol given to the Indians riff. You were a part of it. So maybe I should have said sorry to spoil the riff. Members of this board regularly sound off on the benefits of weed over alcohol. Each has their own benefits and drawbacks. Up to the user to exercise discretion and pay for their own poor choices.

Shouldn't be driving under the influence of either.
I can't wait for autonomous cars myself
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Why do drunk, drugged up, incapacitated drivers, usually end up unscathed and innocent victims die or injured for life?

You ever see in the movies when they pour tequila in someone's entry wound? Alcohol, not vaccines, is the elixir of life.

There's no procedure in the old west that couldn't be survived by biting down on a bullet after a shot of whiskey.

which is why we didn't teach it to the indians

Yeah, but we did given them blankets . . .

and now they love to drink alcohol

"First batch is free!"

I'm gonna do a sober post. I've watched Silverado so, mind you...I know my stuff. They were many things but they were human beings, and as such they were quick to adopt things from other available cultures (white man) that they liked -- in many cases morphing them into their own items. They obviously prized the rifle over the bow and arrow once they captured them and figured out how they worked. They did want firewater, beads (wampum beads in the East were currency), and they were quick to accept tobacco. Presidential peace medals and the like were worn as status symbols. They liked metal/medals in general.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
In this case according to the CBS report it wasn't alcohol but the driver was smoking the ganja. Sorry to spoil the narrative.

And which "narrative" would that be . . . ?

You know the whole alcohol given to the Indians riff. You were a part of it. So maybe I should have said sorry to spoil the riff. Members of this board regularly sound off on the benefits of weed over alcohol. Each has their own benefits and drawbacks. Up to the user to exercise discretion and pay for their own poor choices.

OK. Settle down Francis.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Why do drunk, drugged up, incapacitated drivers, usually end up unscathed and innocent victims die or injured for life?

You ever see in the movies when they pour tequila in someone's entry wound? Alcohol, not vaccines, is the elixir of life.

There's no procedure in the old west that couldn't be survived by biting down on a bullet after a shot of whiskey.

"First batch is free!"

I'm gonna do a sober post. I've watched Silverado so, mind you...I know my stuff. They were many things but they were human beings, and as such they were quick to adopt things from other available cultures (white man) that they liked -- in many cases morphing them into their own items. They obviously prized the rifle over the bow and arrow once they captured them and figured out how they worked. They did want firewater, beads (wampum beads in the East were currency), and they were quick to accept tobacco. Presidential peace medals and the like were worn as status symbols. They liked metal/medals in general.

Curious; How is Silverado pertinent in this thread?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

"First batch is free!"

The driver of the Silverado, 25-year-old Javier Caldera of Auburn, Washington, was arrested
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Supposedly it’s because they’re drunk their bodies are relaxed and don’t tense up so they go with the flow of an impact when a collision occurs, while sober people react to the accident by freaking out and tensing up which apparently makes a person more vulnerable to getting hurt/killed. Our bodies are weird.

This is speculation on my part, but I have always assumed there is also some physics involved based on car design. The DUI driver's vehicle is the one that is running front first into the other vehicle, often tee-boning or at an acute angle. The front of a vehicle is typically designed to take more force than the sides of a vehicle. And the sides of a vehicle are more vulnerable because they have to allow room for doors and window space and thus have less reinforcement than the front and rear. Thus the DUI drivers vehicle is able to protect the occupant more than the vehicle that is struck.

If you look at the truck in this crash, there is certainly a great deal of front end damage, bur once you get to the cabin area, its still pretty much intact. The victim's the vehicle was shredded open like a can of sardines, partially do to the fact that the truck's higher profile caused it run up and over the rear portion of the victims vehicle, but also because that structure of the victims vehicle is far less capable of protecting against catastrophic damage than the front a of vehicle.

Would you happen to know what type of vehicle that broke into pieces was? I read somewhere that Japanese cars tend to do that in big crashes vs european cars that can withstand hard crashes on impact.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

GoldenChild wrote:

Would you happen to know what type of vehicle that broke into pieces was? I read somewhere that Japanese cars tend to do that in big crashes vs european cars that can withstand hard crashes on impact.

Quote:
a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck flew down the freeway, crashing into the back of a Nissan Altima

At the speed that truck was traveling, it would not have mattered what kind of car the victim was driving when hit from the rear. Of the 20 safest cars under $50,000 for 2018.

14 were Japanese
4 were American
2 were European

Typically automobile safety systems are designed with front and side collisions in mind as these are generally the most deadly. Fatal rear end collisions are comparatively rare. And being rear ended by a vehicle traveling near 100mph is a statistical anomaly.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

"First batch is free!"

The driver of the Silverado, 25-year-old Javier Caldera of Auburn, Washington, was arrested

OoooooTay. I was think Silverado the western movie.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

"First batch is free!"

It was.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

That’s pretty bad..I wish I didn’t click the video. Poor lady. RIP. I drive on the 15 all the time and it’s just scary thinking that could happen to any of us! I google Javier caldera and saw his pic. Is this guy really 25 yrs old? Dude looks old.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

"First batch is free!"

It was.

So anyone figure out what did the movie have to do with the truck?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: