OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1310, 1311, 1312 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
danzag wrote:
I'd rather have 2 stars and depth than 3 stars and no depth

What about 3 stars and some depth, but not all of the depth? I think this is my preferred path, but it could be hard to still have some of the depth if you trade for a 3rd star. I think I agree that I don't want to trade all of our depth in an AD trade, for example. But if you can keep one of Lonzo or Ingram in an AD trade, I think I'm OK with it, especially if you can also keep one of Kuz/Hart in such a deal.

Two stars and a deep bench is the best way. We would be very weak if we got 3 stars and got the injury bug again.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Stein is the best. He bats 100% because he talks out of both sides of his a"ss.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

Having three stars imo is unnecessary since no team will likely have that next season (assuming KD leaves GS).

Having good quality depth and being 8-9 guys deep is more important than a "big 3".

Well, let's say you sign Kyrie and you can get AD for a package of Ball, the #4 pick, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and two future 1st's. Say McGee comes back. The starting lineup could be Kyrie/Ingram/LeBron/Davis/McGee, with Caruso and Hart as bench options. That's 7 deep right there, not accounting for any other moves. You'd have to think that at least a couple of solid ring chasers would join up.

Again, for me, I wouldn't be willing to trade all of the young depth in an AD trade or in a trade for another star, but if you can keep one of Lonzo/Ingram and one of Hart/Kuz, I think I am ok with it, depending on which player we get back, of course.

Keep dreaming bro there’s no AD deal that doesn’t include Kuzma or Ingram. If that happens I’ll fly to LA and Kiss Rob in the mouth lol
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

Having three stars imo is unnecessary since no team will likely have that next season (assuming KD leaves GS).

Having good quality depth and being 8-9 guys deep is more important than a "big 3".

Well, let's say you sign Kyrie and you can get AD for a package of Ball, the #4 pick, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, and two future 1st's. Say McGee comes back. The starting lineup could be Kyrie/Ingram/LeBron/Davis/McGee, with Caruso and Hart as bench options. That's 7 deep right there, not accounting for any other moves. You'd have to think that at least a couple of solid ring chasers would join up.

Again, for me, I wouldn't be willing to trade all of the young depth in an AD trade or in a trade for another star, but if you can keep one of Lonzo/Ingram and one of Hart/Kuz, I think I am ok with it, depending on which player we get back, of course.

Keep dreaming bro there’s no AD deal that doesn’t include Kuzma or Ingram. If that happens I’ll fly to LA and Kiss Rob in the mouth lol

whatever makes u happy.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"David Griffin and Rob Pelinka were engaged on Friday. They were in an animated discussion that lasted for several minutes. Griffin at times was covering his mouth when speaking. I had eyes on the conversation."

https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1130968359787327489?s=21

Before or after the lotto?
Griffin and Rob saying, I'm so glad the 2 idiots who made bball decisions for our teams are gone.

I think this past Friday so after lottery.

Griffin: Same deal plus #4?
Pelinka: Do I look like Magic to you?
Griffin: Hmmm, talk in 2 weeks?
Pelinka: Sure, let Zion sign with Klutch first.

been saying this is the key right there. If Klutch signs Zion, the Pelicans will be forced to play very nice with Klutch and not get in the way of AD going to the Lakers

Why? Zion has no options.

He would in 4 years where he could take the QO and walk after

That’s quite the threat. “Do what AD wants now or you might regret it in 5 years”.

You’re the only one who doesn’t get it or maybe you’re just being an ass. Many sport shows are talking about this.

I do get it, any threat by Klutch would be hollow. That you don’t seem to get. Sports shows talking about it means nothing, most of the hosts couldn’t spell CBA if you spotted them the C and the B.

That’s an uninformed statement for you to make. Brendan Haywood and Ryan most def know about the CBA so does Greenberg. But this isn’t really about the CBA and more about the power of an Agent. We’ve seen it happen with Agents and the Lakers.

Last edited by Car54 on Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Scoop B who was on the KD to Lakers train is saying that his injury might make the Lakers hesitant on pursuing him but will still monitor the situation.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
To add to Marc Stein's interview, he also mentioned he rarely hears the Lakers being mentioned as a destination in any of the top free agents. He says Lakers organization are a mess they're only hope is if Klutch and LeBron can convince a top agent to come.

Stein:

- Durant most likely to Knicks
- Kawhi most likely to Clippers

FWIW of course.

Marc Stein can kiss my ***
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Scoop B who was on the KD to Lakers train is saying that his injury might make the Lakers hesitant on pursuing him but will still monitor the situation.

It’s a calf strain. If KD wants to come, nobody says no.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Marc Stein on the SAS show saying he's heard people from the Warriors organization that Durant was going to New York, hearing it's a "done deal"

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=26801595

he goes there with Kyrie.

Kawhi is only left for us or maybe Butler

Klay no matter what is staying in Golden State

Well, pardon my ignorance but what is the New York draw? Crappy ass owner. Probably one of the worst in sports......and they want to play for that? Also, do they realize if they aren't great, the fans and media will slaughter them?

I am not buying the "done deal" crap.

so same state as the lakers when Lebron signed with us?

u still trying to figure out, KD is signing with the Knicks for BB reasons? lol

Not even close the Knicks record has gotten worst each year and there’s no young talent to speak of. More coaching changes than he Lakers as well.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Peter Vecsey said Jeanie Buss thinks shes getting Kawhi this summer. He doesn't think it happens, but that's apparently what Jeanie thinks (per Vecsey)

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1131326034110865408?s=21

FWIW, from the guy who was yelling Lebron to the Lakers very early on 2 seasons ago...
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

delete

Last edited by anth2000 on Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Don’t sleep on Marc Stein. I remember clearly when everyone was saying PG to Lakers, he was the first one to say, nope I’m hearing PG staying in OKC.

June 19 is the date I remember exactly because i was at my sisters birthday brunch on a good mood. Everyone was saying PG to Lakers including Broussard that morning and his sauces whom are supposedly close to PG:

Then later that afternoon, here comes Stein: http://dailythunder.com/headlines/marc-stein-paul-george-returning-to-thunder-becoming-more-likely/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
"David Griffin and Rob Pelinka were engaged on Friday. They were in an animated discussion that lasted for several minutes. Griffin at times was covering his mouth when speaking. I had eyes on the conversation."

https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1130968359787327489?s=21

Before or after the lotto?
Griffin and Rob saying, I'm so glad the 2 idiots who made bball decisions for our teams are gone.

I think this past Friday so after lottery.

Griffin: Same deal plus #4?
Pelinka: Do I look like Magic to you?
Griffin: Hmmm, talk in 2 weeks?
Pelinka: Sure, let Zion sign with Klutch first.

been saying this is the key right there. If Klutch signs Zion, the Pelicans will be forced to play very nice with Klutch and not get in the way of AD going to the Lakers

Why? Zion has no options.

He would in 4 years where he could take the QO and walk after

That’s quite the threat. “Do what AD wants now or you might regret it in 5 years”.

You’re the only one who doesn’t get it or maybe you’re just being an ass. Many sport shows are talking about this.

I do get it, any threat by Klutch would be hollow. That you don’t seem to get. Sports shows talking about it means nothing, most of the hosts couldn’t spell CBA if you spotted them the C and the B.

how would it be hollow? they just saw Klutch sign AD and a couple months later he is already demanding a trade out of there. Im sure the Pelicans can imagine what the outcome can be if a scorched earth Klutch is in Zion's ear for 4 years.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Peter Vecsey hasn't been relevant for 20 years.

No need to even post this clown. He's so out of the loop and league these days.

If you have an issue with posts, ignore them. Repeating the same thing every time with sources or tweets you don’t personally like isn’t going to change anything tbh.

Vecsey might be a clown, but he still knows some people in the industry and he was one of the first few to call Lebron to LA as done deal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Peter Vecsey said Jeanie Buss thinks shes getting Kawhi this summer. He doesn't think it happens, but that's apparently what Jeanie thinks (per Vecsey)

FWIW, from the guy who was yelling Lebron to the Lakers very early on 2 seasons ago...

That explains why Jeanie might have decided not to pursue a PBO because she knows there doesn’t need to be 1 if she knows someone is coming.. that is my speculation but it’s possible it’s true.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
The bottom line is nobody knows what is going on. Its fun to speculate, but it is just for entertainment and nothing more. Be patient as it will all unfold very soon.

This deserves repetition.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

If you have an issue with posts, ignore them. Repeating the same thing every time with sources or tweets you don’t personally like isn’t going to change anything tbh.

Vecsey might be a clown, but he still knows some people in the industry and he was one of the first few to call Lebron to LA as done deal.

Agreed 100%
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

If we get Kawhi then Jeanie doesn’t deserve any criticism.

Getting LeBron and Kawhi in back2back summers would be like a dream
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

delete

Last edited by anth2000 on Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Vecsey is Phil's mouth piece..
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Ok, relax. Wasn't taking a personal shot at anyone. Folks here have posted about Vecsey for years. Also, this is a free forum to post our own thoughts. If you don't like my posts, then ignore them.

Wait, you are telling me to relax?

All I’m saying is you have posted that same line of “no need to post this clown” over and over. Believe me, I ignore it but this time thought I would just let you know. No offense.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

If you heard Pelinka talk, it sounded like someone who knows that players want to come here, there is no point believing what the media says.. there trying to brainwash us with negativity.

I think we are gonna have a spectacular summer and we won’t care anymore about the Rambis’s being apart of the Organization and decision making.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If you heard Pelinka talk, it sounded like someone who knows that players want to come here, there is no point believing what the media says.. there trying to brainwash us with negativity.

I think we are gonna have a speculator summer and we won’t care anymore about the Rambis’s being apart of the Organization and decision making.

No more leaks, no more mouthpiece blubbers til we got the signature on the dotted line, Jeannie camp, Jim camp, Klutch camp, def Magic camp, all need to STFU
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
danzag wrote:

Fine, if that happens, you can kiss Rob, I'll kiss Kyrie, and I'm guessing that one of us would like it a lot more than the other!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Ok, relax. Wasn't taking a personal shot at anyone. Folks here have posted about Vecsey for years. Also, this is a free forum to post our own thoughts. If you don't like my posts, then ignore them.

Wait, you are telling me to relax?

All I’m saying is you have posted that same line of “no need to post this clown” over and over. Believe me, I ignore it but this time thought I would just let you know. No offense.

Sorry man, in a mood today. Having some family issue. My apologies for being sensitive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1310, 1311, 1312 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1311 of 8560
Jump to: