OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1251, 1252, 1253 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
A team built off of AD-Zion-Jrue if healthy can win 50 games next year.

True. But if AD truly is bolting it’s no a good risk worth taking. But yeah the top talent is good.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
cital wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers

Haywood expecting the Lakers to trade #4 and ALL of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz?

He said Kuz Bi and the number 4

To make that trade work, along with signing a max free agent, we would have to sign the pick and make the trade after 30 days and also include Hart, Wagner, and Bonga... I would still make that deal though

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception

I believe they'd have to stretch Bonga's contract to sign a 30% max FA and the pick, which means the Lakers would have to include Ball instead of BI to match salaries in a Beal or AD trade because Ball makes $1.5M more than Ingram next season.

I don't think they would have to stretch Bonga, check out the numbers on the 1st page of this thread. I ran the numbers and everything seems correct on the cap space and trade... The only thing that I think is incorrect on the first page is the cost of the 4th pick, it would actually be just over 7 million I believe, but if the cap comes in at 109 as expected, we would still have the space for a max free agent...
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
cital wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers

To make that trade work, along with signing a max free agent, we would have to sign the pick and make the trade after 30 days and also include Hart, Wagner, and Bonga... I would still make that deal though

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception

I believe they'd have to stretch Bonga's contract to sign a 30% max FA and the pick, which means the Lakers would have to include Ball instead of BI to match salaries in a Beal or AD trade because Ball makes $1.5M more than Ingram next season.

I don't think they would have to stretch Bonga, check out the numbers on the 1st page of this thread. I ran the numbers and everything seems correct on the cap space and trade...

We don't know the exact salary for the 4 pick yet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The Rockets are a good matchup with GSW... Obviously the Warriors are better but they are one Harden or Paul hot streak from upsetting them.

I also realize that Paul will only continue to decline but they were in a position to win with him playing like a role player. It's not like they were playing them close with CP3 performing well. They played them close with CP3 almost invisible. A lot depends on whether they return Gordon and PJ... whether those two start aging as well.. whether Capela can get his head right and progress... or whether we've seen his playoff ceiling... but I wouldn't write them off just yet.

The thing is the Rockets messed up when they tried to get that second star in CP3 like we are trying to do now. If they had Beverley, Lou, Harrell, and kept the picks and Ariza, they would have put up an even better fight.

I partially disagree, but just because Paul only had one last star season in his aging body.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The Rockets are a good matchup with GSW... Obviously the Warriors are better but they are one Harden or Paul hot streak from upsetting them.

I also realize that Paul will only continue to decline but they were in a position to win with him playing like a role player. It's not like they were playing them close with CP3 performing well. They played them close with CP3 almost invisible. A lot depends on whether they return Gordon and PJ... whether those two start aging as well.. whether Capela can get his head right and progress... or whether we've seen his playoff ceiling... but I wouldn't write them off just yet.

The thing is the Rockets messed up when they tried to get that second star in CP3 like we are trying to do now. If they had Beverley, Lou, Harrell, and kept the picks and Ariza, they would have put up an even better fight.

I partially disagree, but just because Paul only had one last star season in his aging body.

True, maybe they just got the wrong second star, could have held out and got KL this past summer. lol
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
cital wrote:
cital wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception

I don't think they would have to stretch Bonga, check out the numbers on the 1st page of this thread. I ran the numbers and everything seems correct on the cap space and trade...

We don't know the exact salary for the 4 pick yet.

I believe it is just over 7 million, which is a littler higher than what is listed on the first page, but assuming a 109 million cap, we would still be able to sign a max free agent
CCP&G
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

How much will it take to get the bucks to flinch on Brogdon? They just gave Bledsoe a ton of money and will probably have to max Middleton this year. If we can’t get Kawhi I would rather target Brogdon at 15/20 million than maxing one of the other B level stars. Think he would fit well with Ball and would leave us money to sign a solid center rotation, thinking Gasol on a three year deal or WCS if you prefer a rim runner. Then draft Hunter with the pick and sign Dedmon for the exception and Seth Curry for what’s left. Team would be

Ball/Curry/Caruso
Brogdon/Hart
Ingram/Hunter/vet min
Lebron/Kuzma/Williams
Gasol/Dedmon/Wagner

Don’t know that the team wins a championship but they would be fun and if Ball and Ingram take a step I think they are a contender. We don’t sacrifice any youth and would have $60ish million coming off books in three years when Lebron is done and youth is entering their prime.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

CCP&G wrote:
How much will it take to get the bucks to flinch on Brogdon? They just gave Bledsoe a ton of money and will probably have to max Middleton this year. If we can’t get Kawhi I would rather target Brogdon at 15/20 million than maxing one of the other B level stars. Think he would fit well with Ball and would leave us money to sign a solid center rotation, thinking Gasol on a three year deal or WCS if you prefer a rim runner. Then draft Hunter with the pick and sign Dedmon for the exception and Seth Curry for what’s left. Team would be

Ball/Curry/Caruso
Brogdon/Hart
Ingram/Hunter/vet min
Lebron/Kuzma/Williams
Gasol/Dedmon/Wagner

Don’t know that the team wins a championship but they would be fun and if Ball and Ingram take a step I think they are a contender. We don’t sacrifice any youth and would have $60ish million coming off books in three years when Lebron is done and youth is entering their prime.

The FO should be fired if they came up with this team next year.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
CCP&G wrote:

Ball/Curry/Caruso
Brogdon/Hart
Ingram/Hunter/vet min
Lebron/Kuzma/Williams
Gasol/Dedmon/Wagner

The FO should be fired if they came up with this team next year.

Yeah fired... out of a cannon into trash compactor
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

CCP&G wrote:

Ball/Curry/Caruso
Brogdon/Hart
Ingram/Hunter/vet min
Lebron/Kuzma/Williams
Gasol/Dedmon/Wagner

I think it's a solid Plan C except I'm not that excited about overpaying Brogdon to pry him away from the Bucks.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.

hardly. They both basically want to play the same position. There is no way AD is going to sit around and let Zion become NOLA's darling while AD become's his stretch 5.

They play nothing alike.

Yup. AD and Zion is a great front court if I was AD I’d run this season w him and see how it goes. He’s still a FA next yr so it’s a small gamble

What is a 19 rookie gonna do for him that KD and Lebron can’t?

Play defense, rebound, run the floor hard, block shots, guard centers. Can help AD out a lot.

KD does all of those things so again I ask what can he do?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

If I'm the Pelicans ownership and front office I don't think AD – who was just trying to force his way out of town – is the kind of guy I want around my impressionable young rookie franchise cornerstone.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
If I'm the Pelicans ownership and front office I don't think AD – who was just trying to force his way out of town – is the kind of guy I want around my impressionable young rookie franchise cornerstone.

Its the Pelicans, If I was Zion I would be demanding a trade before the draft and wouldn't report to camp
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

CCP&G wrote:

Ball/Curry/Caruso
Brogdon/Hart
Ingram/Hunter/vet min
Lebron/Kuzma/Williams
Gasol/Dedmon/Wagner

Dude...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception

Tim Legler said looking around the league he doesn’t think anyone can offer a more attractive package than the Lakers and Celtics. He also said AD has a lot of leverage now.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.

hardly. They both basically want to play the same position. There is no way AD is going to sit around and let Zion become NOLA's darling while AD become's his stretch 5.

They play nothing alike.

Yup. AD and Zion is a great front court if I was AD I’d run this season w him and see how it goes. He’s still a FA next yr so it’s a small gamble

What is a 19 rookie gonna do for him that KD and Lebron can’t?

Play defense, rebound, run the floor hard, block shots, guard centers. Can help AD out a lot.

KD does all of those things so again I ask what can he do?

Why do you ask? Are the Pelicans trading for KD or Lebron? Or is Davis a free agent deciding who to team up with this offseason?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yeah I agree in general that picking good solid players would have been better than signing CP3 for that huge contract. If Paul was younger... maybe I could see it... but that was a bad miscalculation.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
cital wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception

I don't think they would have to stretch Bonga, check out the numbers on the 1st page of this thread. I ran the numbers and everything seems correct on the cap space and trade... The only thing that I think is incorrect on the first page is the cost of the 4th pick, it would actually be just over 7 million I believe, but if the cap comes in at 109 as expected, we would still have the space for a max free agent...

Numbers in the first one are wrong. LS did not include the raise to the rookie scale.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

What are the chances Tobias stays in Philly? Would like to have Vucevic and Tobias as back up plans if the A list free agents don't commit to us.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
What are the chances Tobias stays in Philly? Would like to have Vucevic and Tobias as back up plans if the A list free agents don't commit to us.

We wouldn't be able to afford both. Hell I expect Vucevic to get the max
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:

Can't afford them and not sure we want another 6'9" SF.

Harris is with a new team every season fwiw.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:

many in the media claim AD is very impressionable himself, so maybe they still think they can make an impression
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Can't afford them and not sure we want another 6'9" SF.

Harris is with a new team every season fwiw.

well we can do a trade for AD and roll with a Lebron/AD/Tobias core
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Its the Pelicans, If I was Zion I would be demanding a trade before the draft and wouldn't report to camp

That's crazy talk, lol. Zion is not going to back out of the draft and pass on the $7m he'll earn in his first year as a rookie... more importantly, he's not going to pass on the $75-100m shoe deal he will get signed to when he's in the NBA. For all he knows, NO might even get the #1 pick next year too... which would make dropping out of this year's draft and passing up on all that money an even worse decision.

https://tinyurl.com/pumped-up-kicksss
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
cital wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception

Tim Legler said looking around the league he doesn’t think anyone can offer a more attractive package than the Lakers and Celtics. He also said AD has a lot of leverage now.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers trotted out a core of Kyrie/BI/Bron/AD next season surrounded by merry minimum vets.

That would give the Pels a nice Ball/Holiday/Zion/#4/Hart/Kuz/Moe/K. Williams roster to rebuild with. Hill and Moore come off their cap in 2020 before Hart/Kuz/Zo are up for paydays in 2021. New Orleans could do a lot worse.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Thu May 16, 2019 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1251, 1252, 1253 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1252 of 8560
Jump to: