OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (No Kawhi, But Lakers Sign Green, Cook, KCP, Caruso, Cousins, Dudley, Daniels, McGee & Bradley)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1250, 1251, 1252 ... 3624, 3625, 3626  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133353
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
our best angle for getting the AD trade done is if Klutch signs Zion. Just like how the Lakers took care of KCP while trying to court Lebron, the Pelicans would have no other option besides to play nicer with Klutch and AD's demands. Their worst nightmare would be if Klutch angles Zion out of NOLA after his rookie contract.


Also, Silver protected the NOLA market with their next marketable star. I’m not saying it’s AD to the Lakers, just if Pels ownership continues to be difficult with AD trade anywhere then they might not get a gift next time around...


Tell us how Silver did that.


Sure, I’ll tell you but first you have to tell me how it’s possible for every team in the NBA except the Lakers to do anything and everything.

For example, every Max FA can sign with any team right? In fact, they can all team up with any team from Golden State to Dallas to Phoenix?

Every team except the Lakers can pull off anything as long as the goalposts keep moving right?


No, a max FA can’t sign with a team who doesn’t have max cap space.


Yes, they can. They can take the vet min or whatever cap the team has


Then they aren’t a max player.
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133353
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.


Only we don’t have prime Kobe. I more than likely watch a lot more Pelican games than you do, they played better without him this past season than with him. That isn’t considering his health.
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!


Last edited by venturalakersfan on Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2886

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.

A Lebron/AD duo with meh vets gets you what? One win against the Warriors in the WCF? Is that really a "contender?"

Assuming KD leaves and we can keep 1 of BI/Lonzo, yes, that is a contender. Were the Rockets contenders for putting up a good fight in a losing series? Not saying we'd be the favorites, but a front court of AD/LBJ + pieces is far better than what we have now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4503

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
our best angle for getting the AD trade done is if Klutch signs Zion. Just like how the Lakers took care of KCP while trying to court Lebron, the Pelicans would have no other option besides to play nicer with Klutch and AD's demands. Their worst nightmare would be if Klutch angles Zion out of NOLA after his rookie contract.


Also, Silver protected the NOLA market with their next marketable star. I’m not saying it’s AD to the Lakers, just if Pels ownership continues to be difficult with AD trade anywhere then they might not get a gift next time around...


Tell us how Silver did that.


Sure, I’ll tell you but first you have to tell me how it’s possible for every team in the NBA except the Lakers to do anything and everything.

For example, every Max FA can sign with any team right? In fact, they can all team up with any team from Golden State to Dallas to Phoenix?

Every team except the Lakers can pull off anything as long as the goalposts keep moving right?


No, a max FA can’t sign with a team who doesn’t have max cap space.


Yes, they can. They can take the vet min or whatever cap the team has


Then they aren’t a max player.


Then there’s no such thing as a max “free agent”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 27921
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

Between Lopez and Jules, I think Randle is the only guy who might be interested in a re-union.

Let’s keep in mind that Lopez was never apart of our plans, when we traded Russell to BRK the trade was circled around the cap space we were gonna obtain.... with Randle we groomed him as a rookie and we developed him into the player he is today.

So if we were to have interest I think Randle is the guy that would come back.


Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 1193

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.



Ohhh but gasol was carrying a team in the West big difference....also care to tell us what we gave up for gasol? I don’t think it was the whole team and multiple draft picks like some on here are willing to do.

Also if you don’t think much of our youngsters ...it seems one made the all star game and the other was ballin with the pelikins what happened in this situations ? Just dumb luck right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 1193

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.

A Lebron/AD duo with meh vets gets you what? One win against the Warriors in the WCF? Is that really a "contender?"

Assuming KD leaves and we can keep 1 of BI/Lonzo, yes, that is a contender. Were the Rockets contenders for putting up a good fight in a losing series? Not saying we'd be the favorites, but a front court of AD/LBJ + pieces is far better than what we have now.



But people still do not seem to understand the worse thing that can happen is that very scenario....stuck midway...make the playoffs to be gs or Portland’s practice dummy for the nba finals....you can’t get better or get help because you maxed out and gave your young talent away and have no draft pick trying to get that big name player...got to look at the future also
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 103585

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see AD/KL on the Clips or KD/AD on the Knicks.
_________________
-LBJ and AD will have 1st team All NBA seasons
-Both will be top 5 MVP candidates
-Boogie will be a 6MOY and/or Most Improved candidate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2886

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.



Ohhh but gasol was carrying a team in the West big difference
....also care to tell us what we gave up for gasol? I don’t think it was the whole team and multiple draft picks like some on here are willing to do.

Also if you don’t think much of our youngsters ...it seems one made the all star game and the other was ballin with the pelikins what happened in this situations ? Just dumb luck right?

What has AD been doing? He's the only reason they are winning more than 20 games a year, at least he swept a very good team last year getting to the second round, unlike Gasol.

I'm very high on our youngsters, I think BI has all-nba potential and Lonzo can be an all star, which is why I'd like to keep 1 of them. I am not in favor of the "godfather" offer that was floated in February. I'm glad you brought up only having to give up Kawme and scraps for Gasol, because what made those 08-2010 Lakers so great was their depth. Only differences is, it was a team of big and forwards, while if we were to get AD our depth would ideally be predicated on wing players.

I think something along the lines of #4, Ingram, Kuz, Mo, and a future 1st would gives us a great chance at building a solid team around LBJ/AD/Zo. I wouldn't pay much more than that though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2886

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
trablos wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.

A Lebron/AD duo with meh vets gets you what? One win against the Warriors in the WCF? Is that really a "contender?"

Assuming KD leaves and we can keep 1 of BI/Lonzo, yes, that is a contender. Were the Rockets contenders for putting up a good fight in a losing series? Not saying we'd be the favorites, but a front court of AD/LBJ + pieces is far better than what we have now.



But people still do not seem to understand the worse thing that can happen is that very scenario....stuck midway...make the playoffs to be gs or Portland’s practice dummy for the nba finals....you can’t get better or get help because you maxed out and gave your young talent away and have no draft pick trying to get that big name player...got to look at the future also

The worst that could happen with our current team is to not even make the playoffs or fight for the 8th seed every year. There is risk in every move, but I'm more confident in fielding a contender when you have two top 10 players on your team with one of them being 25 years old and getting better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12324

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.

hardly. They both basically want to play the same position. There is no way AD is going to sit around and let Zion become NOLA's darling while AD become's his stretch 5.


They play nothing alike.


Yup. AD and Zion is a great front court if I was AD I’d run this season w him and see how it goes. He’s still a FA next yr so it’s a small gamble


What is a 19 rookie gonna do for him that KD and Lebron can’t?
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12324

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers


Haywood expecting the Lakers to trade #4 and ALL of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz?


He said Kuz Bi and the number 4
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11230

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

AD is more than just a big name. He is a legit top 8 talent in the NBA, a 2 way player, highly compatible with deferring to other stars, and in this small ball, space and pace era he is one of the very rare bigs who is mobile enough to guard on the perimeter but also has a deadly offense to punish teams who dont have the length and size to guard him
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 1193

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.



Ohhh but gasol was carrying a team in the West big difference
....also care to tell us what we gave up for gasol? I don’t think it was the whole team and multiple draft picks like some on here are willing to do.

Also if you don’t think much of our youngsters ...it seems one made the all star game and the other was ballin with the pelikins what happened in this situations ? Just dumb luck right?

What has AD been doing? He's the only reason they are winning more than 20 games a year, at least he swept a very good team last year getting to the second round, unlike Gasol.

I'm very high on our youngsters, I think BI has all-nba potential and Lonzo can be an all star, which is why I'd like to keep 1 of them. I am not in favor of the "godfather" offer that was floated in February. I'm glad you brought up only having to give up Kawme and scraps for Gasol, because what made those 08-2010 Lakers so great was their depth. Only differences is, it was a team of big and forwards, while if we were to get AD our depth would ideally be predicated on wing players.

I think something along the lines of #4, Ingram, Kuz, Mo, and a future 1st would gives us a great chance at building a solid team around LBJ/AD/Zo. I wouldn't pay much more than that though.



Difference is gasol was doing it in the West which is much harder even though now the east is rising in difficulty...but what 40-30 wins get you in the playoffs in the east?
Also when you say make trades...look who we talking about as a front office...Linda Rambis and Jeanie buss....you know they going to get fleeced....as we have no real gm...smh.
Also you say keep one of the young...you went with lonzo who just like ad can’t stay healthy....are those two going to both take turns on the bench in street clothes or is it going to be both at the same time? Lol
If the latter happen we going back to the lottery with no pick this time... but our 2nd rounder could be good I guess
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 21807

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
trablos wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Why do we want ad? Can’t we raise our own stars or get another player who not going to kill our future...every other team gets players and not get bent over but it seems we have to be the one that entertains this stupidity and fans thinks it’s great until we look stupid for doing it and look like the nets or heat after the Beatles disbanded....then we say welp it’s your fault front office


AD is a name, that is why we want him. His play hasn’t translated into winning but we still want to give up the farm for him.

Yes, our youngsters have us competing against the best of the best every postseason Pau Gasol didn't win a playoff game before teaming up with Kobe. For someone who loves trashing our team, it's hilarious you are picking on a 2 way elite big man who would turn us into a contender overnight.

A Lebron/AD duo with meh vets gets you what? One win against the Warriors in the WCF? Is that really a "contender?"

Assuming KD leaves and we can keep 1 of BI/Lonzo, yes, that is a contender. Were the Rockets contenders for putting up a good fight in a losing series? Not saying we'd be the favorites, but a front court of AD/LBJ + pieces is far better than what we have now.

The Rockets are contenders, sure, but we've confirmed they're not getting past GSW in a 7-game series at this point barring injuries to both Curry and Durant. The thing is that I think last season's CP3 is a more useful sidekick to have in a playoff series against the Warriors than AD. Lebron needs another creator next to him - maybe BI or Lonzo next season - along with AD and a well-rounded vet roster to have a chance to get past the Warriors even without Durant. Because the goal is to win a title with Lebron not just be far better than what we have now, right?

If no max FA comes and Rambinka can talk the Pels asking price down a bit then trading for AD makes perfect sense. But I think in order to beat the Warriors that the Lakers should prioritize Kawhi>Kyrie>AD in a vacuum because having a second (super)star creator is more valuable in the playoffs than having a two-way big man who's limited as an initiator.

And I'd even prioritize signing Butler/Walker over trading for AD when considering the additional cost in young assets. But after signing another max FA initiator, then it makes perfect sense to try and trade for AD as a third option. Then the Lakers would have a fighting chance against the Warriors (assuming they don't stupidly re-sign sneaky bad vets like Rondo and Stephenson to fill out the roster).
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cital
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 May 2002
Posts: 3051

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers


Haywood expecting the Lakers to trade #4 and ALL of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz?


He said Kuz Bi and the number 4


To make that trade work, along with signing a max free agent, we would have to sign the pick and make the trade after 30 days and also include Hart, Wagner, and Bonga... I would still make that deal though

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 21807

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.

hardly. They both basically want to play the same position. There is no way AD is going to sit around and let Zion become NOLA's darling while AD become's his stretch 5.


They play nothing alike.


Yup. AD and Zion is a great front court if I was AD I’d run this season w him and see how it goes. He’s still a FA next yr so it’s a small gamble


What is a 19 rookie gonna do for him that KD and Lebron can’t?

Not retire.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 5588

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
AD + Zion front court is like a dream. I don't blame AD if he decided to stay in Naulins.

hardly. They both basically want to play the same position. There is no way AD is going to sit around and let Zion become NOLA's darling while AD become's his stretch 5.


They play nothing alike.


Yup. AD and Zion is a great front court if I was AD I’d run this season w him and see how it goes. He’s still a FA next yr so it’s a small gamble


What is a 19 rookie gonna do for him that KD and Lebron can’t?


Play defense, rebound, run the floor hard, block shots, guard centers. Can help AD out a lot.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

The Rockets are a good matchup with GSW... Obviously the Warriors are better but they are one Harden or Paul hot streak from upsetting them.

I also realize that Paul will only continue to decline but they were in a position to win with him playing like a role player. It's not like they were playing them close with CP3 performing well. They played them close with CP3 almost invisible. A lot depends on whether they return Gordon and PJ... whether those two start aging as well.. whether Capela can get his head right and progress... or whether we've seen his playoff ceiling... but I wouldn't write them off just yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4503

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

A team built off of AD-Zion-Jrue if healthy can win 50 games next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 21807

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Brendon Haywood just said that the Lakers have the best potential package out of Boston NY and Lakers


Haywood expecting the Lakers to trade #4 and ALL of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz?


He said Kuz Bi and the number 4


To make that trade work, along with signing a max free agent, we would have to sign the pick and make the trade after 30 days and also include Hart, Wagner, and Bonga... I would still make that deal though

Ball
Kawhi
LeBron
Davis
Room Exception

I believe they'd have to stretch Bonga's contract to sign a 30% max FA and the pick, which means the Lakers would have to include Ball instead of BI to match salaries in a Beal or AD trade because Ball makes $1.5M more than Ingram next season.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 5588

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Rockets are a good matchup with GSW... Obviously the Warriors are better but they are one Harden or Paul hot streak from upsetting them.

I also realize that Paul will only continue to decline but they were in a position to win with him playing like a role player. It's not like they were playing them close with CP3 performing well. They played them close with CP3 almost invisible. A lot depends on whether they return Gordon and PJ... whether those two start aging as well.. whether Capela can get his head right and progress... or whether we've seen his playoff ceiling... but I wouldn't write them off just yet.


The thing is the Rockets messed up when they tried to get that second star in CP3 like we are trying to do now. If they had Beverley, Lou, Harrell, and kept the picks and Ariza, they would have put up an even better fight.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 21807

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
A team built off of AD-Zion-Jrue if healthy can win 50 games next year.

It would be dependent on adding more reliable perimeter shooter(s) than Moore and Hill.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 5588

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
A team built off of AD-Zion-Jrue if healthy can win 50 games next year.

It would be dependent on adding more reliable perimeter shooter(s) than Moore and Hill.


I trust Griffin to build a good team, If he doesn't trade AD, I expect he will add shooters.
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4503

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
A team built off of AD-Zion-Jrue if healthy can win 50 games next year.

It would be dependent on adding more reliable perimeter shooter(s) than Moore and Hill.


Of course. Any good team will need to surround their best players/playmakers with perimeter shooting. I trust Griffin to do that like he did for Bron in Clev.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1250, 1251, 1252 ... 3624, 3625, 3626  Next
Page 1251 of 3626
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB