OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Just for fun... what are you some of the trades going down involving the 4th
pick that will make you want to pull your hair out mine are:

4th pick to OKC for Russell Westbrook
4th pick to Cavs for Kevin Love
4th pick to Pistons for Blake Griffin
4th pick to Spurs for LaMarcus Aldridge
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Dont take the Pelicans news at face value. Ofcourse they would like to relay the perception they have no interest in trading with us... they want to up the ante and have the Lakers willing to bring in a crazy godfather offer.
The Lakers in return should be leaking out how much they love the player they will be able to draft at #4

They can have whatever they want from the Lakers.. They don't have to play games. Everyone knows this.

I think some of us are in denial, and I can understand why.. AD is a phenomenal player. It really is time to let it go lol.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Dont take the Pelicans news at face value. Ofcourse they would like to relay the perception they have no interest in trading with us... they want to up the ante and have the Lakers willing to bring in a crazy godfather offer.
The Lakers in return should be leaking out how much they love the player they will be able to draft at #4

Lakers need to chill on the AD trade. Forcing that is a no win situation
for the Lakers...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

The Pels might be waiting to see what happens to the cap room of NY and LA teams this summer. If it gets filled up, maybe they think they have a better chance of retaining him. Maybe Boston loses Kyrie and now won’t budge on Tatum. So mid July maybe then they re-evaluate everything.

If we strike out and punt, then they are in trouble. Even if Zion and AD look decent, still a risk. I’d be surprised if the brought him back but stranger things have happened.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
Any semi expensive bigs we should look to trade for/sign if we miss out on AD?

If we miss on the big name FA's: I wonder if we could do BI, Wagner and 4 for Beal and 9

17M for Horford (assuming opt out). Get rid of Bonga. About 18M a year. 3 years 54M

Lonzo, Beal, Sign a SF with room exception, Lebron, Horford
Bullock, 9th pick, Hart, Kuzma, Chandler plus vet min pg, vet min small ball energy big, and a vet met min shooter

Maybe move Hart or rookie for a cheap starting sf?

Horford would be great on a 3 year deal. but why would he opt out of 30.1 Million next year?
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
trablos wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jaren Jackson is getting paid 5.9m

So Ingram 7.2 + 6m #4 + 2m Wagner +2 m Hart= 17.2 m

4 m short of ad trade

Sign Kyrie, find a way to keep Ball and make that offer to Nola maybe using a S&T using one our 1 year guys?

What is the first year salary for the player sent to New Orleans via a sign and trade?

I am still waiting for your response.

It would have to be around 9 million with BI, Kuz, Mo, and Hart included

No

If you know why don't you tell us. If the 4 pick salary counts, it would be around 3 or 4 million for the s and t player?

This will be mostly a repeat of what was discussed last night.

Capulator

As of now, that web site hasn't been updated and it shows the cap holds for first round picks pre lottery drawing.

Navigate to Chicago as the team. and scroll down to see the cap holds for unsigned draft picks.

4-$ 6,994,680

Deeks was still using a $108 million salary cap, so the cap hold for the #4 pick should be in the area of $7,059,360 once the web site is changed to reflect a $109 million salary cap and the Lakers having #4.

The numbers on the first page of this thread have been updated some.

OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (Available 2019 FAs, LAL Cap Space & KD, KL & AD Scenarios w/ #4 Pick, p.1)

I am expecting the cap hold shown for the #4 to eventually be moved higher into the area of $7 million and that would leave very little cap space left to work with after signing a 30% max (Irving, Leonard, Butler etc). Depending on how the numbers fall, they might need to make a minor move to have enough cap space for a 30% max.

Notice that the cap holds for the one year guys (Muscala, KCP, Lance, Rondo, Bullock) are not included on the first page of this thread.

Larry Coon has some thoughts about this topic.

Larry Coon Twitter

The one year guys (KCP, Rondo, Lance, Bullock, Muscala) had to be renounced to have enough cap space to sign a 30% max (Irving, Leonard, Butler etc).

39. What does renouncing a player mean?

Quote:

As detailed in question number 36, free agents continue to be included in team salary. By renouncing a player, a team gives up its right to use the Larry Bird, Early Bird, or Non-Bird exception (see question number 25) to re-sign that player. A renounced player no longer counts toward team salary, so teams use renouncement to gain additional cap room. Teams are still permitted to re-sign renounced players, but only with cap room or an exception other than the Bird exception1. The exception to this rule is that an Early Bird free agent, at the team's option, can be renounced to the Non-Bird level. A team might do this in order to sign the player to a one-year contract, instead of the minimum two years required by the Early Bird exception.

If the player does not sign with any team (his prior team or any other team) for the entire season, then his renouncement continues. In other words, the team is not permitted to renounce a player, let him sit idle for the year, and then re-sign him the following summer using Bird rights. However, if the player is renounced and then re-signs with his prior team, his renouncement is no longer in effect when his contract ends. For example, if a team renounces their Larry Bird rights to a player, then re-signs that player to a one-year contract using cap room, the player will be a Larry Bird free agent once again the following summer.

After renouncing a player, a team can still sign the player to a Two-Way contract (see question number 82) or trade the player in a sign-and-trade agreement (see question number 92).

1 The team is bound to the restrictions on salary, contract length and raises associated with the means they use to sign the player -- for example, if a team renounces its Bird free agent and then re-signs him with the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the contract must conform to the requirements of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. However, if a team renounces its Bird free agent and later re-signs him using its cap room, the player can still receive the contract length and raises associated with the Bird exception. This is because the maximum contract length and raises in a cap room signing are determined by the player's original free agent status, and are not affected by renouncement.

Since having enough cap space to sign a 30% max could be an issue, having additional cap room to give a decent contract to one of the one year guys (Muscala, KCP, Rondo, Lance, Bullock) in a sign and trade scenario to New Orleans (or Washington) seems very very difficult to pull off.

When Trabalos suggested that as a possibility, it made me wonder how it would be done and that is why I asked my question.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Lakers need to chill on the AD trade. Forcing that is a no win situation
for the Lakers...

I agree whatever is going to happen with AD will happen because AD will dictate the situation. If AD says the Lakers are his destination nothing that Griffin or others can do to make that change. Just let the cards fall where they may.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Fu'ck the Pelicans and AD. Close the door. I am still sour about Stern destroying a potential championship team and helping the Pels (more ways than one).
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
trablos wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jaren Jackson is getting paid 5.9m

So Ingram 7.2 + 6m #4 + 2m Wagner +2 m Hart= 17.2 m

4 m short of ad trade

Sign Kyrie, find a way to keep Ball and make that offer to Nola maybe using a S&T using one our 1 year guys?

What is the first year salary for the player sent to New Orleans via a sign and trade?

I am still waiting for your response.

It would have to be around 9 million with BI, Kuz, Mo, and Hart included

No

If you know why don't you tell us. If the 4 pick salary counts, it would be around 3 or 4 million for the s and t player?

This will be mostly a repeat of what was discussed last night.

Capulator

As of now, that web site hasn't been updated and it shows the cap holds for first round picks pre lottery drawing.

Navigate to Chicago as the team. and scroll down to see the cap holds for unsigned draft picks.

4-$ 6,994,680

Deeks was still using a $108 million salary cap, so the cap hold for the #4 pick should be in the area of $7,059,360 once the web site is changed to reflect a $109 million salary cap and the Lakers having #4.

The numbers on the first page of this thread have been updated some.

OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (Available 2019 FAs, LAL Cap Space & KD, KL & AD Scenarios w/ #4 Pick, p.1)

I am expecting the cap hold shown for the #4 to eventually be moved higher into the area of $7 million and that would leave very little cap space left to work with after signing a 30% max (Irving, Leonard, Butler etc). Depending on how the numbers fall, they might need to make a minor move to have enough cap space for a 30% max.

Notice that the cap holds for the one year guys (Muscala, KCP, Lance, Rondo, Bullock) are not included on the first page of this thread.

Larry Coon has some thoughts about this topic.

Larry Coon Twitter

The one year guys (KCP, Rondo, Lance, Bullock, Muscala) had to be renounced to have enough cap space to sign a 30% max (Irving, Leonard, Butler etc).

39. What does renouncing a player mean?

Quote:

As detailed in question number 36, free agents continue to be included in team salary. By renouncing a player, a team gives up its right to use the Larry Bird, Early Bird, or Non-Bird exception (see question number 25) to re-sign that player. A renounced player no longer counts toward team salary, so teams use renouncement to gain additional cap room. Teams are still permitted to re-sign renounced players, but only with cap room or an exception other than the Bird exception1. The exception to this rule is that an Early Bird free agent, at the team's option, can be renounced to the Non-Bird level. A team might do this in order to sign the player to a one-year contract, instead of the minimum two years required by the Early Bird exception.

If the player does not sign with any team (his prior team or any other team) for the entire season, then his renouncement continues. In other words, the team is not permitted to renounce a player, let him sit idle for the year, and then re-sign him the following summer using Bird rights. However, if the player is renounced and then re-signs with his prior team, his renouncement is no longer in effect when his contract ends. For example, if a team renounces their Larry Bird rights to a player, then re-signs that player to a one-year contract using cap room, the player will be a Larry Bird free agent once again the following summer.

After renouncing a player, a team can still sign the player to a Two-Way contract (see question number 82) or trade the player in a sign-and-trade agreement (see question number 92).

1 The team is bound to the restrictions on salary, contract length and raises associated with the means they use to sign the player -- for example, if a team renounces its Bird free agent and then re-signs him with the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the contract must conform to the requirements of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. However, if a team renounces its Bird free agent and later re-signs him using its cap room, the player can still receive the contract length and raises associated with the Bird exception. This is because the maximum contract length and raises in a cap room signing are determined by the player's original free agent status, and are not affected by renouncement.

Since having enough cap space to sign a 30% max could be an issue, having additional cap room to give a decent contract to one of the one year guys (Muscala, KCP, Rondo, Lance, Bullock) in a sign and trade scenario to New Orleans (or Washington) seems very very difficult to pull off.

When Trabalos suggested that as a possibility, it made me wonder how it would be done and that is why I asked my question.
Thank you.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:

the Lakers dont even have to cap filler to make those trades happen without sending them young core players
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:

the Lakers dont even have to cap filler to make those trades happen without sending them young core players
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

its really simple in my opinion -- short of AD saying he will only sign with Lakers, we will not get him. So if hes fine with playing in NY, then that is what will likely happen because while their young talent isnt as good as ours; that #3 pick is nice.

I just want to get that FA and go from there. AD would be great if we can get him at BI + #4 + someone other than Ball and fillers. Since that is probably not good enough for the Pelicans, I'm happy passing on AD.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

I always wanted to keep one of Lonzo and Ingram, but now that we have the 4th I want to keep 2 out of 3 assets lmfao

If we can get a win now team next to Lebron and still have two of those pieces to build around this offseason is W no matter which scenario happens
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Rubin wrote:

Not sure the same applies here. Griff most certainly only takes that job if he’s assured of 100% autonomy over the AD situation. No way someone of his caliber takes that job if ownership tells him “to the Lakers over our dead bodies.” He’ll take the best deal.

I don’t see Loomis giving 100% autonomy to anybody, and I doubt Griff was highly regarded enough to get that from him. I’d see a Jerry West or something....

Maybe I’m being naive. But Griff is one of the most highly regarded execs in the league and sat on the sidelines for over a year. Dude was living his best life in Napa Valley with his wife. He didn’t have to take the Pels job — he could’ve kept waiting for a better gig. Without autonomy over the AD situation, the Pels job is pretty lousy (move from Napa to New Orleans, no young assets, poor cap situation, slightly below average roster, etc...) Why would he take it in that situation?

Again, not saying I even think a Lakers trade is likely. Just that I don’t buy the notion that he took the job with his superiors putting limitations on what he’s allowed to do. They even gave him an EVP title compared to Demps’ GM title. That says something about the power he’s being given.

I'm completely with you on this. Not that he will necessarily trade AD to the Lakers, but I believe he will if he thinks we have the best offer.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I always wanted to keep one of Lonzo and Ingram, but now that we have the 4th I want to keep 2 out of 3 assets lmfao

If we can get a win now team next to Lebron and still have two of those pieces to build around this offseason is W no matter which scenario happens

Does a win now team include a 30% max player (Irving, K Leonard, Butler etc)?
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

This season was disappointing mainly due to the amount of injuries the Lakers got, if LeBron doesn't get injured against the Warriors I'm certain they make the playoffs.

I'm optimistic about next season LeBron will be eager to prove people wrong that he made the right decison joining the Lakers and he will play with a chip on his shoulder.

Hopefully the likes of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart can stay clear of injuires this summer and be ready for training camp. It will be interesting if Wagner can make a jump next season to be a regular in the rotation.

Moving up in the draft lottery to #4 was unexpected but now the Lakers can draft someone like Culver, Hunter or Garland. Plus cap space to try and sign one of KD, Kawhi, Irving, Kemba, Butler etc.

If they miss out on signing a player from that list then they can use the cap space to sign players on one year contrats e.g. Danny Green, Ed Davis, Dedmon. Similar to how they signed KCP, JaVale, Rondo etc last year but this time actually sign the right type of players.

The roster next season -LeBron, Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, #4, Wagner, Bonga, Caruso (sign him up), Jones (Two-way contract) plus whoever the Lakers sign in the off-season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Pelicans are still not interested in trading AD to the Lakers, even after LA landed the No. 4 pick, per
@WindhorstESPN

I don't believe this report at all. Even if it's true, I don't think it's something that a smart guy like David Griffin would allow to leak as it hampers leverage with teams like the Celtics and Knicks.

Seriously. People are freaking out over something Windhorst said? Do we not see the pattern here? Windhorst, like many at ESPN, has an agenda. Dude was angrily and adamantly denying that LeBron was going to sign with the Lakers last year, when he probably knew it was true. (It was basically an open secret and yet the media had to have a narrative out there, so guess what, the Lakers were pissed on.) He also indignantly claimed that Kawhi would've been a Laker last year during trade talks had we just been willing to trade Ingram, and everything we've learned since then proves that, of course, this is patently absurd. Larry Coon put it out there, that they only would have done it had we basically given them every young player we had plus a ton of future 1st round picks. Who are you trusting, Larry or a spinmeister at ESPN?

Again, this isn't surprising. Our position has improved significantly and what do you know, within 24 hours, we're being pissed on again. I'm not saying we will get AD, but I've seen this media game before. Username is absolutely right: even if the owner told Griffin that she will not allow him to trade AD to the Lakers, you wouldn't want that out there if you're the Pelicans because it weakens your leverage with the other suitors. That tells you it's coming from somewhere else. From some other agenda. Think, people.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
So now that reality is setting in for some of you on AD.. You're back to Beal lol.

I've read not one single report that he's available. And if he were, Ingram and 4 wouldn't cut it as far as a trade is concerned.

Yeah. Get that 2nd max, figure it out then.

Exactly. Besides GSW what team has 3 let alone 2?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Let's get a max guy in first. We can potentially sign AD next season.
This mess is seemingly gonna work it's way out and in the long run it will be in our favor.
This summer is going to be big.

If we get a good max and start winning, might buy us time to next summer but is the $ math there to sign a UFA AD next summer?

Just on rough top of my head calculations we might can squeeze AD in if we basically renounce our entire young core ( Ball, BI, Hart, Kuz) plus trade away our 2020 1st round pick
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

LVLAKERFAN wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Any semi expensive bigs we should look to trade for/sign if we miss out on AD?

If we miss on the big name FA's: I wonder if we could do BI, Wagner and 4 for Beal and 9

17M for Horford (assuming opt out). Get rid of Bonga. About 18M a year. 3 years 54M

Lonzo, Beal, Sign a SF with room exception, Lebron, Horford
Bullock, 9th pick, Hart, Kuzma, Chandler plus vet min pg, vet min small ball energy big, and a vet met min shooter

Maybe move Hart or rookie for a cheap starting sf?

Horford would be great on a 3 year deal. but why would he opt out of 30.1 Million next year?

To get more years, already 32 years old. Rumors he may opt out, but likely would stay in BOS

The more I think about AD, the less I want to do it if we have to give everything up. Especially if we have Kawhi/Kyrie.

1 of Lonzo/BI plus 4th pick, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, Bonga, and possibly future 1st

or

Lonzo, BI, Kuz, Wagner, Bonga, and future 1st

I would rather have ZO than 4th pick because he has nba experience, but Hunter or Garland both fit very well
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

ingram or #4 for beal should be plan C if we strike out on AD and don't land a max FA.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Say we sign Kawhi/Kyrie

Is there a fair way to get Beal?

Going to cost us as much salary as AD would, but Beal isn't worth as much as AD

If we want to keep ZO: BI, Kuz, 4th pick, Hart, Wagner, Bonga for Beal and future 1st(s)? Would Wiz even want to do that, risky type of trade for both sides

ZO
Beal
Kawhi
Lebron
Dedmon Hopefully with room

Don't see a realistic path for this
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
Say we sign Kawhi/Kyrie

Is there a fair way to get Beal?

Going to cost us as much salary as AD would, but Beal isn't worth as much as AD

If we want to keep ZO:BI, Kuz, 4th pick, Hart, Wagner, Bonga for Beal and future 1st(s)? Would Wiz even want to do that, risky type of trade for both sides

ZO
Beal
Kawhi
Lebron
Dedmon Hopefully with room

Don't see a realistic path for this

Seriously?
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
4th pick when we were expecting 11..

We have a top 5 player in Bron on the roster..

Cap space for another elite top 5 player..

A talented young core of 4..

Great times.. There's some issues with the front office, but I don't see the shet show that everyone believes it is. We are in a great position..

I totally agree...we are in good shape. Right now it seems as though everyone in the media is taking their turn to beat down the Lakers. Well the draft was definitely some positive energy in our direction. However, I believe what Kyrie and Durant do will start the dominoes to fall. If Durant remains a Warrior then I believe Kyrie becomes a Laker. I can see us trading the 4th pick for someone like a Draymond. Because Warriors can’t afford all those max contracts especially if they want to sign Klay. Plus I can see Durant saying I’ll sign if Draymond is traded.. Besides Golden State needs more depth. I sometimes don’t like the bs that comes w/Draymond but he definitely would not be shy to get in Kyrie and Lebrons face if necessary and he defends and he’s not a ball stopper.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

i could see us offering #4, ingram, kuz for #9 and beal and the wizards thinking about it.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1238, 1239, 1240 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1239 of 8560
Jump to: