Tyronn Lue celebrating as Lakers Head Coach (Update: NO DEAL!!! - pg.4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Tyronn Lue celebrating as Lakers Head Coach (Update: NO DEAL!!! - pg.4)

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1125301072870821889?s=21

Unofficially official.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Thu May 09, 2019 2:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to his assistants more than to him being announced as HC.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject:

it's been obvious since the day we got LeBron that Luke would be out and eventually Lue would find his way in....

Like game (bleep) said, I'm more excited to hearing his staff than hiring him
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:22 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of this move. Will always be a fan of Lue and I love that he is still getting NBA money and Allen Iverson is...dunno what or where he is, really.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject:

I don't see this as either a good or bad hiring just yet. Too many unknown variables.

Max Free Agent?
Trades?
Coaching staff?
PBO?

Not sure how anyone can make a prediction about Lue in LA without all of this data...
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject:

I cannot comprehend how we got to such a low place that we'd hire Tyronn Lue as Head Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers. Ashamed to be a fan right now. I am so disappointed.

LeBron doesn't deserve to pick the coach for the Lakers. This a such a bad look.

My sincere hope is the we surround Lue with veteran NBA coaches who actually understand the coaching profession and are capable of stepping into the role when the time comes.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I cannot comprehend how we got to such a low place that we'd hire Tyronn Lue as Head Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers. Ashamed to be a fan right now. I am so disappointed.

LeBron doesn't deserve to pick the coach for the Lakers. This a such a bad look.

My sincere hope is the we surround Lue with veteran NBA coaches who actually understand the coaching profession and are capable of stepping into the role when the time comes.

Name 1 Franchise Player who doesn't get HC input...

I'll wait.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'll wait.

People keep asking this question as if LeBron is 25 years old and entering his prime. No! LeBron is done. If the Lakers were going to make this move for LeBron, it should have been done last Summer, not a full year afterwards when you're trying to attract a 25 year old superstar.

LeBron is past the point in his career where his role on a team dictates that he picks the coach. And before you bring up Kobe... LeBron has no equity with the organization. Kobe was a Lakers Legend when he picked Byron Scott.

The Lakers continue doing stupid and late crap which makes them appear out of touch and desperate. I have no doubt that we can sign Kemba or Vucevic. But our chances of signing a legitimate superstar max level talent has taken a major hit. LeBron is going to start his drama this coming year like he always does. It's his way of poisoning the well and reshaping the narrative. With Lue in charge, there is nothing to be done about it. Nobody signs up for this unless being a Laker is worth more to them than their self respect.

The Lakers have fallen of a cliff.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
it's been obvious since the day we got LeBron that Luke would be out and eventually Lue would find his way in....

Like game (bleep) said, I'm more excited to hearing his staff than hiring him

Lmao he said game (bleep)

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I can’t think of a time where the relationship and chemistry of the beatnik player and coach wasn’t important. The plan should be to build around your best player. Ty Lue is well aware of what type of assistants he needs. I’m getting the impression that no moves outside of trading Lebron would make you happy. So my advice would be to take a break for at least 2 years from the Lakers. He’s here and if he’s as bad as you make him out to be he ain’t getting traded lol
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'll wait.

People keep asking this question as if LeBron is 25 years old and entering his prime. No! LeBron is done. If the Lakers were going to make this move for LeBron, it should have been done last Summer, not a full year afterwards when you're trying to attract a 25 year old superstar.

LeBron is past the point in his career where his role on a team dictates that he picks the coach. And before you bring up Kobe... LeBron has no equity with the organization. Kobe was a Lakers Legend when he picked Byron Scott.

The Lakers continue doing stupid and late crap which makes them appear out of touch and desperate. I have no doubt that we can sign Kemba or Vucevic. But our chances of signing a legitimate superstar max level talent has taken a major hit. LeBron is going to start his drama this coming year like he always does. It's his way of poisoning the well and reshaping the narrative. With Lue in charge, there is nothing to be done about it. Nobody signs up for this unless being a Laker is worth more to them than their self respect.

The Lakers have fallen of a cliff.

Lebron stats was equal to if not better than KD and Kawhi so this talk about being done is hilarious and premature
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

We'll have to wait on this one to know anything -- very odd in my view for the Lakers of all teams to hire a virtual unknown however. (considering the fact it's not really "official" yet -- I'm not placing that much weight on this news yet).

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

^ follow-up -- Lamar Odom: Lakers Should Hire Juwan Howard, Not Tyronn Lue, as Head Coach
excerpt from article wrote:
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Friday that the Lakers are "proceeding toward an offer" for Lue to be their next head coach "in the coming days."
It appears the news regarding Lue amounts to more than just a tweet -- so perhaps there's something to it .... then again -- as we can see this is actually just another tweet (but then perhaps more weight considering it's from ESPN's Senior NBA Insider. )

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Mon May 06, 2019 5:11 am; edited 2 times in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject:

Seems fake.

The first part is a still photo, where you can easily photoshop his head on. The rest of it doesn’t show his face.

That’s not to say he won’t be coach but I am almost certain this is fake.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Seems fake.

The first part is a still photo, where you can easily photoshop his head on. The rest of it doesn’t show his face.

I would agree except that we've got this tweet last Friday: The Lakers are proceeding toward an offer to Ty Lue in the coming days....

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Seems fake.

I would agree except that we've got this tweet last Friday: The Lakers are proceeding toward an offer to Ty Lue in the coming days....

Which makes the fake seem more believable. It’s a fake, 100%.

The name on the cake isn’t even Tyronn. Lol.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

this is fake. watch at :06. lue barely has a chin, nevermind that jawline.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject:

^ OK if it IS a fake -- what about Kidd? (didn't have the best of records -- but then one has to consider the roster talent he had).

Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

The clip is edited, kinda jumpy, but it’s not fake.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:

100% fake unless Tyronn changed his name. This video has all the tell tale signs of a fake. The moment is started with a single frame should have been the first of multiple red flags.

Think about it. You record Lue with his cake. Then, rather than post the video, you take the steps to isolate a frame, but fail to take the step of removing the menu slide up at the end. It’s so obvious to me that this is fake. There are at least typical indicators.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:

Real, you can see him move @6 seconds, same smile and chin.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:

100% fake unless Tyronn changed his name. This video has all the tell tale signs of a fake. The moment is started with a single frame should have been the first of multiple red flags.

Think about it. You record Lue with his cake. Then, rather than post the video, you take the steps to isolate a frame, but fail to take the step of removing the menu slide up at the end. It’s so obvious to me that this is fake. There are at least typical indicators.

His head and face aren’t rotoscoped. It’s a choppy, but real video.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'll wait.

LeBron James in Miami
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:

His head and face aren’t rotoscoped. It’s a choppy, but real video.

Of someone else. The first part is a still frame, with Lue’s head photoshopped on. You never see his full face again. At the end, it zooms into the cake, the name is not Tyronn on there, it is some other name.

Other red flags ... quality of the video, the suspicious editing which the person went through the effort of but didn’t bother to edit out the menu slider at the end (typical hoax tactic), the suspicious user, etc.

Do you wonder how Lue and the camera operator were able to stay so perfectly still for the first few seconds? Mannequin challenge perhaps?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17
Jump to: