Let's see what happens when the cops kill and unarmed white woman (from 2017 - updated page 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
This should be mandatory. When officers interact with the public in any situations body cams should be activated.

It's chilling there is even a need for body cams.

Minneapolis Police Will Be Required To Turn On Body Cameras During Any Public Encounters

LINK
Quote:

Minneapolis police officers will soon be required to turn on body-worn cameras when dispatched to any call or undertaking any “self-initiated activity,” the city’s acting police chief announced Wednesday.

It should be a reason to fire an officer, no tolerance. Even in this situation, those cameras might have saved the City a lawsuit.

You know what's missing in this?

Any discussion about what will happen to officers who don't turn them on. Not one mention that disciplinary action will take place if an officer fails to comply, much less what that punishment would be. It's just optics meant to turn down the heat a bit. A rule without any teeth isn't a rule at all. It's just empty talk.

That's not entirely true. I clicked on the new policy. It's 14 pages, didn't read all of if. It's mentioned as updated policy in the original article.

LINK
Quote:
The new policy, which takes effect on Saturday, gives officers a specific list of situations when they must turn on the devices — when being sent to a scene, when “self-initiating a call,” when “any situation becomes adversarial,” among others. It also codifies that discipline, up to and including termination, can be meted out for violations.

CAN BE

not will be.
when i signed my employers paperwork. it had things in their that rad just like the above... if you do A or B or C...disciplinary actions WILL take place up to and/or including termination.

so basically something will happen to you. you might not get fired THAT TIME. but you will be disciplined. and it will go on your record or in your file.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Talk about disgusting...
Quote:
The search warrant obtained by Minnesota Public Radio doesn’t specifically say that the woman was Justine Damond, but: “Upon police arrival, a female ‘slaps’ the back of the patrol squad ... After that, it is unknown to BCA agents what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley,"

BCA Bureau of Criminal Apprehension

Now they are saying she bumped the car with her hand and that startled Noor
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/personnel-records-out-for-minnesota-officer-who-shot-woman/2017/07/24/37d415c0-70ce-11e7-8c17-533c52b2f014_story.html?utm_term=.99a809195925

If she slapped the back of the car why wasn't the rear window shot out? Somebody in justify is slipping.

well lets play along.

She slaps the back of the vehicle while making her way to the side(door). it takes what? half a second to step from the back of a police car to the side front door. it takes half a second to hear a loud noise and go "whats that..oh no.... then shoot. " The drive could've seen her in his side mirror. while the passenger cop could not. was the passenger cop on his cell phone? the reason i ask is this. have you ever seen anyone thats all deep into their phone get startled easily? I know i have.

C'MON MAN
it was a hypothetical. but truth is i got that idea from watching cops drive past me everyday and I see the driver AND the passengers on their cell phones. not the squad car computer. their cell phones.

yes i said the drivers too. yes its illegal.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

I think in addition to being terminated, failure to turn on body camera should remove all "benefit of the doubt" of any disputed accounts a cop may give regarding an incident
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I think in addition to being terminated, failure to turn on body camera should remove all "benefit of the doubt" of any disputed accounts a cop may give regarding an incident

benefit of the doubt is the worse thing that ever happened to citizens.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Talk about disgusting...
Quote:
The search warrant obtained by Minnesota Public Radio doesn’t specifically say that the woman was Justine Damond, but: “Upon police arrival, a female ‘slaps’ the back of the patrol squad ... After that, it is unknown to BCA agents what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley,"

BCA Bureau of Criminal Apprehension

Now they are saying she bumped the car with her hand and that startled Noor
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/personnel-records-out-for-minnesota-officer-who-shot-woman/2017/07/24/37d415c0-70ce-11e7-8c17-533c52b2f014_story.html?utm_term=.99a809195925

If she slapped the back of the car why wasn't the rear window shot out? Somebody in justify is slipping.

well lets play along.

She slaps the back of the vehicle while making her way to the side(door). it takes what? half a second to step from the back of a police car to the side front door. it takes half a second to hear a loud noise and go "whats that..oh no.... then shoot. " The drive could've seen her in his side mirror. while the passenger cop could not. was the passenger cop on his cell phone? the reason i ask is this. have you ever seen anyone thats all deep into their phone get startled easily? I know i have.

C'MON MAN
it was a hypothetical. but truth is i got that idea from watching cops drive past me everyday and I see the driver AND the passengers on their cell phones. not the squad car computer. their cell phones.

yes i said the drivers too. yes its illegal.

Were those cops on the way to a service call? That's the issue here, a service call and body cams not turned on.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

They are public servants, paid by the public and in this day and age there is just too much risk from safety and lawsuits.

The cameras should be on once their shift starts until their shift is over.

You won't forget to turn on a camera that way.

Bye.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

I'd go further. I wouldn't allow a cop who didn't have his camera on to even testify or allow their report into evidence.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

Filing: Mohamed Noor raised red flags among psychiatrists, training officers

Quote:
Noor was flagged by two psychiatrists during the pre-hiring evaluation in early 2015 after he exhibited an inability to handle the stress of regular police work and unwillingness to deal with people, according to the records.

Quote:
They showed he "reported disliking people and being around them."

LINK

How do you hire a police officer that was flagged by "two psychiatrists during the pre-hiring evaluation" and he "reported disliking people and being around them."? It would be similar to an accounting firm hiring a staff member who reported they hated numbers.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
The Twolves are ass

the real problem

I checked to see if the Minnesota Gophers hockey team were ass in 2016/17, but they lead their conference that year, so, yaaah, I dunno why all these problems in Minny. You'd think they'd be happy.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I saw an interesting video the other day, not sure if posted here, where officers turned on their cameras and then found some drugs, but failed to realize that their system records constantly and is saved and bookmarkled starting 30 seconds before they hit the button, so the video showed the officer planting the drugs, then walking out and turning his camera on.

Chuckled at that. D'OH!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Two things. Is the case against Mohamed Noor still ongoing? What happened to the officers who got busted planting drugs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Filing: Mohamed Noor raised red flags among psychiatrists, training officers

Quote:
Noor was flagged by two psychiatrists during the pre-hiring evaluation in early 2015 after he exhibited an inability to handle the stress of regular police work and unwillingness to deal with people, according to the records.

Quote:
They showed he "reported disliking people and being around them."

LINK
How do you hire a police officer that was flagged by "two psychiatrists during the pre-hiring evaluation" and he "reported disliking people and being around them."? It would be similar to an accounting firm hiring a staff member who reported they hated numbers.

wow. whoever hired him anyway should be fired immediately. And now I need to check the files for every cop that he/she has hired.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Officer Noor verdict: Guilty 3rd degree murder.

[url=http://www.startribune.com/mohamed-noor-guilty-murder-manslaughter-fatal-shooting-justine-ruszczyk-damond-minneapolis-police/509224642/][/url]
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Aussie. I couldn't get your link to work.

Noor guilty of third-degree murder, manslaughter in killing of Justine Ruszczyk Damond

LINK

Quote:
Noor sat expressionless with his hands clasped in front of him as the verdict was read, while the jurors remained calm, although one hung his head. Noor was immediately handcuffed and taken into custody. Sentencing is scheduled for 9 a.m. June 7.

Noor is of Somalian decent. I think he's a Muslim. He killed a unarmed White woman. I believe he'll get the proverbial book thrown at him.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Minneapolis to pay $20M to family of 911 caller slain by cop

Quote:
The city of Minneapolis will pay $20 million to the family of an unarmed woman fatally shot by a police officer when she approached his squad car after calling 911 to report a possible crime, city leaders announced Friday.

Mayor Jacob Frey and City Council members detailed the settlement just three days after a jury convicted Mohamed Noor of murder and manslaughter in the death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. The dual citizen of the U.S. and Australia had called 911 late the night of July 15, 2017, to summon officers to a possible rape in the alley behind her house.

The settlement is believed to be the largest stemming from police violence in the state of Minnesota, and roughly four to five times as large as any settlement paid out in recent years.

LINK
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Minneapolis to pay $20M to family of 911 caller slain by cop

Quote:
The city of Minneapolis will pay $20 million to the family of an unarmed woman fatally shot by a police officer when she approached his squad car after calling 911 to report a possible crime, city leaders announced Friday.

Mayor Jacob Frey and City Council members detailed the settlement just three days after a jury convicted Mohamed Noor of murder and manslaughter in the death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond. The dual citizen of the U.S. and Australia had called 911 late the night of July 15, 2017, to summon officers to a possible rape in the alley behind her house.

The settlement is believed to be the largest stemming from police violence in the state of Minnesota, and roughly four to five times as large as any settlement paid out in recent years.

LINK

Clearly Minnesotan's place a higher value on Aussie lives than they do American lives.

ALM - Aussie Lives Matter...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor was sentenced Friday by a Minnesota judge to 12½ years in prison for the fatal shooting of a woman while responding to her 911 call.

Noor is the first Minnesota police officer to be found guilty of murder for an on-duty shooting. At his sentencing on Friday, the 33-year-old apologised for taking Ms Damond's life.

"I caused this tragedy and it is my burden," he told the court. "I wish though that I could relieve that burden others feel from the loss that I caused. I cannot, and that is a troubling reality for me."

Noor said he opened fire on the 40-year-old yoga instructor because he feared that he and his partner were being ambushed.

He said he made the "split-second decision" after hearing a loud bang and seeing Ms Damond with her right arm raised.

Some in the Somali-American community - Noor is Somali - have argued that the case was treated differently than police shootings involving white officers and black victims.

Activists outside the courthouse Friday carried signs reading "No double standard" and "NOOR: Victim of Identity Politics."

Sentenced to 12 1/2 Years
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
Former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor was sentenced Friday by a Minnesota judge to 12½ years in prison for the fatal shooting of a woman while responding to her 911 call.

Noor is the first Minnesota police officer to be found guilty of murder for an on-duty shooting. At his sentencing on Friday, the 33-year-old apologised for taking Ms Damond's life.

"I caused this tragedy and it is my burden," he told the court. "I wish though that I could relieve that burden others feel from the loss that I caused. I cannot, and that is a troubling reality for me."

Noor said he opened fire on the 40-year-old yoga instructor because he feared that he and his partner were being ambushed.

He said he made the "split-second decision" after hearing a loud bang and seeing Ms Damond with her right arm raised.

Some in the Somali-American community - Noor is Somali - have argued that the case was treated differently than police shootings involving white officers and black victims.

Activists outside the courthouse Friday carried signs reading "No double standard" and "NOOR: Victim of Identity Politics."

Tell me this isn't racism

White kills black kid or woman and gets desk duty or fired

Kill a white woman and you gonna burn boyee

(bleep) that (bleep)

Why wasn't he just as startled as the WHITE COPS who kill out of fear?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

It isn't racism.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

It isn't racism.

It may not be. I had a feeling Noor, who's Muslim, would be given a heavy sentence. Not saying he didn't deserve it. Using past police shooting history and denomination was reason I thought Noor would go to jail. 12 1/2 years is actually light for taking a innocent life. Again I inject Jake Brigance, Close your eyes, Now picture he was White.

WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

The family of a white woman in Minneapolis who was shot and killed by Black police officer Mohamed Noor has been awarded $20 million. The payout will be the largest of its kind in Minnesota history.

Justine Ruszczyk Damond was shot as she approached Noor’s patrol car to report a possible rape behind her Minneapolis home on July 15, 2017. The 40-year-old was unarmed and a jury determined she did not pose a threat to Noor or his partner who accompanied him on the 911 call Damond made.

Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey says the unprecedented circumstances of the conviction played a role in the settlement. "There was not a clear threat before the use of force was made," he said. "This is not a victory for anyone, but rather a way for our city to move forward." Noor is the first police officer in Minneapolis history to be convicted of an on-duty shooting.

$2 million of the payout will go toward combating gun violence.

The $20 million settlement is in stark contrast to the $3 million Philando Castile’s family received. The officer who shot and killed Philando was not convicted even though the incident was captured on video. Damond’s family also reportedly received the money immediately, while it took three years for Castile’s to receive the payout.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
The family of a white woman in Minneapolis who was shot and killed by Black police officer Mohamed Noor has been awarded $20 million. The payout will be the largest of its kind in Minnesota history.

Justine Ruszczyk Damond was shot as she approached Noor’s patrol car to report a possible rape behind her Minneapolis home on July 15, 2017. The 40-year-old was unarmed and a jury determined she did not pose a threat to Noor or his partner who accompanied him on the 911 call Damond made.

Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey says the unprecedented circumstances of the conviction played a role in the settlement. "There was not a clear threat before the use of force was made," he said. "This is not a victory for anyone, but rather a way for our city to move forward." Noor is the first police officer in Minneapolis history to be convicted of an on-duty shooting.

The $20 million settlement is in stark contrast to the $3 million Philando Castile’s family received. The officer who shot and killed Philando was not convicted even though the incident was captured on video. Damond’s family also reportedly received the money immediately, while it took three years for Castile’s to receive the payout.

Just goes to show that even white Americans understand that Aussie Live Matter.

All inconsiderate joking aside. Americans are pretty weird about these things. When whites are involved in injustice, the general mindset is a wrong must be righted. But when non- whites are involved in injustice, the instinct is :there must be some culpability on the part of the victim. It's truly bazaar... It's a corrupted thought process that's rather uniquely American:-?

Case and point. Search as you may, but you won't find articles of attempted equivocation stating that Justine Diamond somehow bore some culpability saying that if she didn't tap on the Police car then all would be well. But if she were non-white, that's exactly the type of tripe you'd be hearing...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

Just goes to show that even white Americans understand that Aussie Live Matter.

All inconsiderate joking aside. Americans are pretty weird about these things. When whites are involved in injustice, the general mindset is a wrong must be righted. But when non- whites are involved in injustice, the instinct is :there must be some culpability on the part of the victim. It's truly bazaar... It's a corrupted thought process that's rather uniquely American:-?

Hopefully the Aussie Husband and family donate some of the money to Black Lives Matter
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: