Which potato style do you like more?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

best fries i had were probably served at a higher end steak house where the sides cost like $12 and up
its kinda a blur because I've been to so many steakhouses in vegas
but I had some really good duck fat steak fries from somewhere that probably top my list
Barrymore hand some very good fries served with house made ketchup
Envy had some truffle fries served with fresh grated parmigiano reggiano that were also memorable

as far as more casual places...
McDonalds fries are still among the best IMO (and only thing I really eat there)
Popeyes cajun fries are probably my favorite when they are hot and fresh
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Home fries that are made from boiled potatoes that have been cooled in the refrigerator then cooked with onion and bell pepper on the grill. That's good eatin
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Home fries that are made from boiled potatoes that have been cooled in the refrigerator then cooked with onion and bell pepper on the grill. That's good eatin

So like the full cut version of potatoes O'Brien. My mom used to make those often. Was ambivalent about them even though she was a good cook. I understood the concept of potatoes O'Brien and realized they were ok in their own way, but not my most fave. I preferred taters au gratin. I'm also not a fan of twice baked potatoes, always preferred a standard baked potato w/ sour cream and butter/pepper/chives if avail.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

So like the full cut version of potatoes O'Brien. My mom used to make those often. Was ambivalent about them even though she was a good cook. I understood the concept of potatoes O'Brien and realized they were ok in their own way, but not my most fave. I preferred taters au gratin. I'm also not a fan of twice baked potatoes, always preferred a standard baked potato w/ sour cream and butter/pepper/chives if avail.

Yep with a nice slab of country ham with some red eye gravy and some bisquits on the side. Couple 3 eggs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: