Westbrook is like a spoiled kid

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Westbrook is like a spoiled kid

Replying to all questions from an OKC reporter with "next question" is totally childish. Like a kid on the playground who leaves with the ball after losing. It;s not like the reporter was asking personal questions, they were all basketball related questions.
KD was right leaving this bum. And OKC is stuck with his contract.
And PG chose to be a follower to this guy?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Westbrook is like a spoiled kid

Buck32 wrote:
Replying to all questions from an OKC reporter with "next question" is totally childish. Like a kid on the playground who leaves with the ball after losing. It;s not like the reporter was asking personal questions, they were all basketball related questions.
KD was right leaving this bum. And OKC is stuck with his contract.
And PG chose to be a follower to this guy?

Next question
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

It's pretty funny how OKC had a trio of Durant/Harden/Westbrook and ended up only keeping the worst one. If they weren't going to keep all three, they should have traded Westbrook for a big man or depth.

Even just a duo of Harden/Durant would have been enough to possibly beat GSW and Curry/Klay/Draymond.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
It's pretty funny how OKC had a trio of Durant/Harden/Westbrook and ended up only keeping the worst one. If they weren't going to keep all three, they should have traded Westbrook for a big man or depth.

Even just a duo of Harden/Durant would have been enough to possibly beat GSW and Curry/Klay/Draymond.

Said that at the time.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I used to think Westbrook could win a title if he had the absolute right situation, but I don't think so anymore. His greatest quality (the controlled anger he plays with) is also his greatest weakness. To me, he's in the raw mold of Kobe, but his shot selection, decision making, efficiency, discipline and poise are not even close to Kobe's level.

If he at least were a really good outside shooter like Lillard is, he could kinda get away with the way he plays.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Remember watching him play at UCLA.....never thought that he would be as good as he is now....that being said, he hasn't really elevated his game to the complete player that one would consider an NBA superstar to be so I can see why fans rate him lower than Harden or KD.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah, they had an unstoppable core, but I think Harden was the one that felt he was the third wheel in that relationship. Would he have ever elevated his game on OKC vs Houston where he is basically forced to bear the burden of the team on his shoulders? Probably not.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook is probably just frustrated that he’s gonna get bounced in the 1st round again.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Hope ol' Paul George enjoys another 1st-round exit!

That's gonna be what, 3 in a row for the Thunder? Man...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

It is, but also it's telling that Westbrook was the only dude who didn't want out of that hellhole (on both sides).

Regardless, all three dudes are HOFers, so the joke is on Sam Presti for not winning a title after drafting them in back to back to back drafts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

How long is OKC's ownership going to pay the highest salary/luxury/repeater taxes for a 1st round level team?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

If Portland prevails tonight I'll be curious to see which random fan Westbrook blows up at tonight on his way to the locker room. This could be an annual tradition with him.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Also, it'll be so funny. PG wanted to be in OKC, all he got was 2 more wins in 2 years than the Lakers in the playoffs.

Doesn't sound like much, but considering WB isn't gonna get any better, I think LA isn't looking as bad in this sense.

Bye.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

NEXT QUESTION
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

It is, but also it's telling that Westbrook was the only dude who didn't want out of that hellhole (on both sides).

Regardless, all three dudes are HOFers, so the joke is on Sam Presti for not winning a title after drafting them in back to back to back drafts.

Why is it telling?

Also, I don't think Harden wanted out, OKC just didn't want to pay him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

lot of people coming down of Russ for his "next question" bs....and I actually agree with them, he is wrong. At the same time, I have a feeling a lot of those same people did not have an issue when Marshawn Lynch was refusing to answer media questions just a couple years ago. The narrative around Russ's actions is he is a threat to the free press....while the narrative around Lynch was he was just exhibiting his right to not answer questions from the evil media.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

He can't shoot, no point going for that question.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lot of people coming down of Russ for his "next question" bs....and I actually agree with them, he is wrong. At the same time, I have a feeling a lot of those same people did not have an issue when Marshawn Lynch was refusing to answer media questions just a couple years ago. The narrative around Russ's actions is he is a threat to the free press....while the narrative around Lynch was he was just exhibiting his right to not answer questions from the evil media.

You have a very good point. I think the perception of who the player is based on their on-field/on-court persona is what might be the differentiating factor.

Lynch seems like he really just wants to play and isn't looking for attention or glory. He goes out, runs the ball, plays hard, and never complains about touches (to my knowledge). He seems like a good teammate.

Westbrook OTOH plays with a chip on his shoulder, like it's him against the world. And as we've seen with some fan reactions and even interactions with fans at the game, he isn't entirely wrong. He works in a hostile environment at times. That coupled with his team under-performing makes it understandable that he would be frustrated during and after the game.

I think where the difference lies is - and again, this is just perception, I'm not stating this as fact - that Lynch simply didn't like the interviews and found a comical loophole that allowed him to adhering to the rules while not really participating. Westbrook seems like he wouldn't actually forgo the interviews if that was an option, he would rather take out his frustration by being rude to reporters while also having a sense of control.

I could be completely wrong but it was just something I was thinking about and thought I'd share.
dxfactor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I find it interesting that a guy with the most "complete stat sheet in the NBA" is actually looked at as an "incomplete" player. People throw around that word so loosely that it takes for someone like Russ to see how it makes no sense to call someone a complete player because they accumulate a bunch of stats.

slavavov wrote:
I used to think Westbrook could win a title if he had the absolute right situation, but I don't think so anymore. His greatest quality (the controlled anger he plays with) is also his greatest weakness. To me, he's in the raw mold of Kobe, but his shot selection, decision making, efficiency, discipline and poise are not even close to Kobe's level.

If he at least were a really good outside shooter like Lillard is, he could kinda get away with the way he plays.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

He's basically Kobe without the skills
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject:

dxfactor wrote:
I find it interesting that a guy with the most "complete stat sheet in the NBA" is actually looked at as an "incomplete" player. People throw around that word so loosely that it takes for someone like Russ to see how it makes no sense to call someone a complete player because they accumulate a bunch of stats.

slavavov wrote:

The biggest problem imo is that sometimes his points are empty numbers because he can't hit an outside shot to save his life. In the Portland series they gave him many 18-20 foot jumpers from the top of the key, and it seemed like he missed most of them.

If he were a high efficiency player he could get away with playing hero ball. He does get lots of assists, so it's not like he always plays me-first ball.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:
slavavov wrote:

He's basically Kobe without the skills

While this probably wasn't meant as a joke I find myself laughing so hard at this
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: