OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

To me, the best free agent pickup is a shooter, preferably a guard. KD would be great, but we would still be guard-less, and I don’t think he wants to come here anyway. The best options are likely KL, Irving, or Kemba.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I'd rather throw a 3yr/$45M deal at Mirotic than a 4yr/$120M deal at Harris.

If we can get Mirotic, Danny Green, and DeAndre Jordan with our cap that would be hell of an offseason, or even keep McGee instead of Jordan.

I'd go with McGee and try to get Dedmon.

Ball/Caruso/Coby White (?)
Ingram/Green/Hart
Lebron/Bonga
Mirotic/Kuz
McGee/Dedmon/Moe

Outside of a more experienced backup PG, I think that would be an interesting compromise lineup with everyone except Lebron on a cheap-ish deal.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Please don't max Tobias Harris.

What would you like to see done if we miss on the marquee free agents?

I'm not advocating for Harris btw.. just seems like a not so bad consolation if we can't get anything else.

I think you're duplicating a skillset that Kuz will eventually be able to replicate at a cheaper price and that Kyle's growth will be directly stunted since he and Harris are both effectively mono-positional players. I think you could more than replicate Harris' production for 1/3rd of the price by signing a Morii twin to rotate with Kuzma.

Sadly I don't know where you get good middle class value this summer outside of some of the intriguing, under the radar RFAs. Noah Vonleh, Jeremy Lamb, DeMarre Carroll, Robin Lopez, and/or Patrick Beverley? Maintaining cap flexibility for a disgruntled player in 2020 who won't cost all the youth might be a better option than trading everyone not named Lebron for AD this sumner and I think would certainly be the wiser course of action than going all in on Harris as a second option. I might even take on the last year of Batum or Whiteside's contract for a draft pick rather than commit four years of max money to Harris.

Good point.. I'm off the Harris train. Though I think he makes us a solid competitor in the west.

If Harris takes $16M and the Lakers still have money to throw out at Danny Green and Dedmon or something, I agree. If Harris gets a 30% max and the Lakers have ~ $4M and the room exception to fix the other holes in the roster, I think they're the 6th or 7th seed next season at best.

I'd say 4 or 5 considering Ball and Ingram's production, and improvement. That scenario is less than ideal though, you guys are right. He doesn't make sense financially.

Just excising Stephenson land Rondo for productive backup vets could go a long way, so maybe you'd be right there.

So we agree on that and that Harris doesn't make sense for the Lakers at $25-32M per season.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Please don't max Tobias Harris.

What would you like to see done if we miss on the marquee free agents?

I'm not advocating for Harris btw.. just seems like a not so bad consolation if we can't get anything else.

I think you're duplicating a skillset that Kuz will eventually be able to replicate at a cheaper price and that Kyle's growth will be directly stunted since he and Harris are both effectively mono-positional players. I think you could more than replicate Harris' production for 1/3rd of the price by signing a Morii twin to rotate with Kuzma.

Sadly I don't know where you get good middle class value this summer outside of some of the intriguing, under the radar RFAs. Noah Vonleh, Jeremy Lamb, DeMarre Carroll, Robin Lopez, and/or Patrick Beverley? Maintaining cap flexibility for a disgruntled player in 2020 who won't cost all the youth might be a better option than trading everyone not named Lebron for AD this sumner and I think would certainly be the wiser course of action than going all in on Harris as a second option. I might even take on the last year of Batum or Whiteside's contract for a draft pick rather than commit four years of max money to Harris.

Good point.. I'm off the Harris train. Though I think he makes us a solid competitor in the west.

If Harris takes $16M and the Lakers still have money to throw out at Danny Green and Dedmon or something, I agree. If Harris gets a 30% max and the Lakers have ~ $4M and the room exception to fix the other holes in the roster, I think they're the 6th or 7th seed next season at best.

I'd say 4 or 5 considering Ball and Ingram's production, and improvement. That scenario is less than ideal though, you guys are right. He doesn't make sense financially.

Just excising Stephenson land Rondo for productive backup vets could go a long way, so maybe you'd be right there.

So we agree on that and that Harris doesn't make sense for the Lakers at $25-32M per season.

Yep.. seemed like a good idea till you guys broke the numbers down.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:

If we can get Mirotic, Danny Green, and DeAndre Jordan with our cap that would be hell of an offseason, or even keep McGee instead of Jordan.

Ingram/Green/Hart
Lebron/Bonga
Mirotic/Kuz
McGee/Dedmon/Moe

Outside of a more experienced backup PG, I think that would be an interesting compromise lineup with everyone except Lebron on a cheap-ish deal.

I like that.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I hope the real Jim Buss among us will take all these nice small moneyball ideas and text them to Rob and Jeanie.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
We need to build the team that we are going forward with this offseason. Can't waste another year of Lebron and mess with the youth. Wither keep them or trade them. We have also seen these 1 year deals don't work either.

To have space to sign Davis you don't have to sign guys to one year deals though. As long as guys are signed to value deals that are tradeable, the Lakers can sign anyone to multi-year deals and still be players for Davis in 2020. The Clippers are a great example of this.

The Lakers won’t have money to sign Davis either way because they have to pay the young guys.

Lakers can sign Davis outright ii Ingram is resigned for 20 mill per and Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, and every other player other than James, Ball, and Deng's contract are let go.

So, it's possible if Ingram is willing to sign a deal that pays him 20 mill in year one (and Kuzma, Wagner, Hart, and others are dumped).
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Gonna tell u a secret. Mirotic is getting $20mm per from someone
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
greek laker wrote:
I like Crabbe too, if we can get a pick, it would be a win win

I've done the math. If Brooklyn can dump Crabbe, they'll have enough to sign Durant.

They'd have enough motivation to possibly give up two picks, IMO.

Again, it's fluid. You don't go into FA with Crabbe as the goal, but if you see that Durant wants Brooklyn and Leonard isn't an option, this type of move is most prudent.

Good stuff, Joe.

Yep, they can keep Dlo's cap hold if they find a taker for Crabbe, and they may even be able to take some salary coming back too, but they'd have to dump most of Crabbe's money for sure.

If they dump all of Crabbe's money and renounce Dlo, I believe they could come close to signing two maxes outright, one being KD's higher max and the other being the $32.7MM max that everyone else is in play for.

If the Nets could pull even just KD off, it will be a major coup against the NY-brand team, the Knicks. Kind of like if the Clippers pulled off Kawhi over us.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I hope the real Jim Buss among us will take all these nice small moneyball ideas and text them to Rob and Jeanie.

Done. Er, I mean, yeah, he should do that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

Gonna tell u a secret. Mirotic is getting $20mm per from someone

You're no doubt correct. And Harris is likely getting the max from someone. It sucks to have money in free agency after the true superstars and stars are gobbled up.

Hopefully Kawhi's a Laker this July and we don't have to worry about it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greek laker wrote:

I've done the math. If Brooklyn can dump Crabbe, they'll have enough to sign Durant.

Again, it's fluid. You don't go into FA with Crabbe as the goal, but if you see that Durant wants Brooklyn and Leonard isn't an option, this type of move is most prudent.

Good stuff, Joe.

Yep, they can keep Dlo's cap hold if they find a taker for Crabbe, and they may even be able to take some salary coming back too, but they'd have to dump most of Crabbe's money for sure.

If they dump all of Crabbe's money and renounce Dlo, I believe they could come close to signing two maxes outright, one being KD's higher max and the other being the $32.7MM max that everyone else is in play for.

If the Nets could pull even just KD off, it will be a major coup against the NY-brand team, the Knicks. Kind of like if the Clippers pulled off Kawhi over us.

I'd keep DLo and just target Durant, tbh.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

McGee/Noel/Robin Lopez/Koufos/Dedmon/Muscula/Davis/Cousins/Lopez/Kaminisky/Vonleh/C.Wood
Dudley/Tolliver/M.Morris/J.Green/Looney
T.Evans/S.Johnson/V.Carter/Brewer
Shumpert/Bullock/Ellington
Beverly/Seth Curry/DRose/Napier/Tyus Jones/Burke/J.Lin

A lot of interesting names that should be available from the vets min to room exception.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
McGee/Noel/Robin Lopez/Koufos/Dedmon/Muscula/Davis/Cousins/Lopez/Kaminisky/Vonleh/C.Wood

A lot of interesting names that should be available from the vets min to room exception.

Bold are guys I'd really like but also think they go for more than room exception or minimum.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Bold are guys I'd really like but also think they go for more than room exception or minimum.

The last couple summers has had a lot of good players going for the room exception or vets min once the big names sign. Actually a lot of those guys listed above to be exact.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:

Ingram/Green/Hart
Lebron/Bonga
Mirotic/Kuz
McGee/Dedmon/Moe

I would go after Bojan Bogdanovic over Mirotic and also try to get Darren Collison for backup PG. Although, I did like Caruso's improvement the end of the season I'd be ok with him as backup PG.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greek laker wrote:

Good stuff, Joe.

I don't think Dlo will ever be as good as Kyrie is, so there's a case to be made to renounce Dlo and go into instant title mode if they don't have to give up too much to accommodate Kyrie's max salary, but your logic is sound and they would probably be title contenders with just KD and from keeping Dlo.

But if KD says he'll go there with Kyrie, and Kyrie is on board, and that's what it takes, I mean, if you're Sean Marks, sorry Dlo.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject:

I'm not in favor of any plan that doesn't start with a top tier Free Agent. All of these "moneyball" signings sound good on paper but they are what you do when you can't get the best.

I'd rather start with 2 Max Level Players and fill the rest of the roster with players who complement them, not try to build a patchwork roster around LeBron or Ingram. Doesn't make sense.

And anytime LeBron is on the floor with Ingram, it's LeBron or Ingram...Ingram has not shown he can play with or off an elite player...nor has he shown he can lead a team to victories as the #1.

You guys are building an entire roster around a foundation that is flawed.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

(bleep) the Nets. But yes, KD should go there with his Biggie tattoo.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
I'm not in favor of any plan that doesn't start with a top tier Free Agent. All of these "moneyball" signings sound good on paper but they are what you do when you can't get the best.

I'd rather start with 2 Max Level Players and fill the rest of the roster with players who complement them, not try to build a patchwork roster around LeBron or Ingram. Doesn't make sense.

And anytime LeBron is on the floor with Ingram, it's LeBron or Ingram...Ingram has not shown he can play with or off an elite player...nor has he shown he can lead a team to victories as the #1.

Not to mention you can't 'waste' almost 20 mil of capspace on Allen Crabbe when you have Lebron on the roster. It would basically be punting again.

With that said I don't hold anything personal against the Nets either. They made an opportunistic trade with the Lakers and have done a great job developing DLo. Good for them digging out of that huge hole Billy King put them in.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

But he’s young and better than Ben Simmons
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

All I have to say is that if we punt again, then the DLO trade was for absolutely nothing as the Mozgov contract comes off the books next year.

Punting is not an option anymore. When this sTANK fest began I knew it was a bad idea. Losing breeds losing. Basketball is not played in spreadsheets. Chemistry and Passion are qualitative phenomena's that cannot be "measured."
They are not overrated!

Build a team to compete smartly. One year rentals is not the way. Neither is giving Mozgov 16M a year for 4 years. Good grief!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greek laker wrote:

Good stuff, Joe.

I don't think Dlo will ever be as good as Kyrie is, so there's a case to be made to renounce Dlo and go into instant title mode if they don't have to give up too much to accommodate Kyrie's max salary, but your logic is sound and they would probably be title contenders with just KD and from keeping Dlo.

But if KD says he'll go there with Kyrie, and Kyrie is on board, and that's what it takes, I mean, if you're Sean Marks, sorry Dlo.

Ayy if the Nets want to salary dump DLO to the Lakers...the irony.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
2019 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

The last couple summers has had a lot of good players going for the room exception or vets min once the big names sign. Actually a lot of those guys listed above to be exact.

exactly why they likely wouldn't do it again.... particularly Beverly, B Lopez, Dedmon, Seth Curry.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Who is going to convince Lebron to guard PFs?

exactly why i cant see Ingram staying if we get a Butler, Leonard, Klay. Lebron wont play PF and Ingram is gunna wanna start. So unless Ingram or Leonard play down low then i see Ingram on the move for a PF. Ingram for Maurkeen would be a pretty solid trade both sides altho Bulls have Porter thats a kinda guy id want

What if we sign Tobias Harris?

i wouldnt mind Harris but im sure hes staying in Philly, no way philly lets butler and harris walk. what was the point of trading for him ?

I wouldn't mind Tobias either but holy hell would that be a letdown.

I'll overpay Tobias over Butler, Kemba, Middleton

Just wait and see if Kuz's shooting bounces back.

I think it has
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1107, 1108, 1109 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1108 of 8560
Jump to: