Carl's Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to debut a cannabis-infused burger
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Carl's Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to debut a cannabis-infused burger

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/carls-jr-will-become-the-first-major-fast-food-chain-to-debut-a-cannabis-infused-burger/ar-BBW1Q7H?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Quote:
Carl's Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to debut a cannabis-infused burger

Carl's Jr. is debuting a cannabis-infused burger on 4/20.

The Rocky Mountain High: CheeseBurger Delight will be topped with CBD-infused Santa Fe Sauce, and will be sold at a lone location in Denver, Colorado for a single day.
It will cost $4.20.
If the burger sells well, Carl's Jr. may consider expanding the test and selling CBD-infused burgers at more locations, an executive told Business Insider.

Carl's Jr. is making history this 4/20.

On Saturday, Carl's Jr. will debut the CBD-infused Rocky Mountain High: CheeseBurger Delight at a single location in Denver, Colorado. The CBD Burger will be available for $4.20 during the one-day test, fittingly held on April 20, a weed-filled celebration for many Americans.

With the test, Carl's Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to roll out a cannabis-infused menu item - even if just for a one location, one-day event.

The CheeseBurger Delight consists of two beef patties, topped with pickled jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, fries, and CBD-infused Santa Fe Sauce.

Carl's Jr. has been working on the CBD Burger since its vegan Beyond Meat burger launch in early January, according to Patty Trevino, Carl's Jr.'s senior vice president of brand marketing.

Unlike most menu tests, one of Trevino's first conversations when Carl's Jr. decided to try to make a CBD-infused burger was with the company's legal team. The Denver restaurant was picked as the 4/20 test spot in part because of Colorado's decision to legalize marijuana in 2014.

Trevino says the test is more than a one-day 4/20 stunt. Carl's Jr. will be monitoring sales, as well as customer and franchisee response. If all goes well, Trevino says that expanding the test remains an option - with the possibility of one day rolling out a CBD-infused burger across America.

"If anyone is going to do it, I would want Carl's Jr. to do it," Trevino said of the prospect of launching a CBD-infused menu item nationally.

While navigating state-by-state regulations could prove to be challenging, Trevino says that Carl's Jr. has an advantage as a West Coast chain, operating in more states that have fully legalized marijuana. In total, Carl's Jr. and sister brand Hardee's - which dominates the South and Midwest - have 3,800 locations in 44 states and internationally.

CBD has been celebrated for its potential health benefits and functions as the non-psychoactive component of marijuana - meaning that eating a CBD Burger will not get you high. With the passage of the Farm Bill, CBD is going mainstream, despite reports of dangerous ingredients and misleading labels.

Retailers and restaurants are increasingly intrigued by CBD, with CVS and Walgreens signing deals to sell CBD topicals and trendy chain By Chloe serving up CBD-infused sweets. A team of analysts at the investment bank Cowen recently estimated that the US market for CBD could skyrocket to $16 billion by 2025 from roughly $1 billion to $2 billion now.

Carl's Jr. is sourcing its hemp-derived CBD oil from BlueBird Botanicals, a Colorado-based company.

"If you were to ask me [about CBD and legal weed] when I was at Burger King back in the mid-2000s, I would have been like, no way," Trevino said. "But today, this is a huge trend with consumers."

The Rocky Mountain High: CheeseBurger Delight will be sold at a Carl's Jr. location located on 4050 Colorado Blvd. in Denver, Colorado starting at 6 a.m. on Saturday morning, while supplies last.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Burger, Fries and a Toke.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Burger, Fries and a Toke.

Don't bother me, I'm tweaking
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Officer: Have you been drinking? You: No officer I just came from lunch. Officer: What did you have. You: Burger and fries and a coke.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Officer: Have you been drinking? You: No officer I just came from lunch. Officer: What did you have. You: Burger and fries and a coke.

getting fried and doing some coke has been around for a long time but now we can go get burgered too
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

getting fried and doing some coke has been around for a long time but now we can go get burgered too

The original coke had cocaine in the formula.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

Smart, the edible marijuana industry is booming and untaped. There will be more and more states legalizing the use recreationally, best to get in front and get the name recognized and associated with being stoned by users
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

meh non psychoactive cbd kinda ruins whatever novelty or appeal this might have for me, whatever minuscule health benefit you might derive probably is negated by the carl jr's burger itself
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
meh non psychoactive cbd kinda ruins whatever novelty or appeal this might have for me, whatever minuscule health benefit you might derive probably is negated by the carl jr's burger itself

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:

But this might open the door for them to get really edgy and offer ODouls as a beverage option!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I’m not sure which is cuter: that you’re putting out a factoid everyone knows like it’s a shocking revelation, or the fact that you’re the only person here who actually knows it’s true from personal experience.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

^ I may not be that old but I remember when doctors prescribed Quaaludes
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Carl's Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to debut a cannabis-infused burger

Basketball Fan wrote:
Quote:
If the burger sells well, Carl's Jr. may consider expanding the test and selling CBD-infused burgers at more locations...

lol
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
ani007 wrote:

True, but I do like the fact that companies are starting to be open to the idea of CBD.

Mainstream still thinks CBD=THC, hell, look at half of the responders in this thread thinking they will get high from the burger. Hopefully, with more education around the topic, we will begin to utilize the plant more and more and see all the amazing benefits
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

PNWlakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
ani007 wrote:

True, but I do like the fact that companies are starting to be open to the idea of CBD.

Mainstream still thinks CBD=THC, hell, look at half of the responders in this thread thinking they will get high from the burger. Hopefully, with more education around the topic, we will begin to utilize the plant more and more and see all the amazing benefits

Heartwarming and Heartbreaking at same time to think our Government has denied this medicine to its citizens but the benefits are Undeniable

Marijuana stops child's severe seizures
Charlotte Figi
Quote:
By then Charlotte had lost the ability to walk, talk and eat.
She was having 300 grand mal seizures a week.
Her heart had stopped a number of times. When it happened at home, Paige did
cardiopulmonary resuscitation until an ambulance arrived.
When it happened in the hospital, where they'd already signed a do-not-resuscitate order,
they said their goodbyes.
Doctors had even suggested putting Charlotte in a medically induced coma
to give her small, battered body a rest.
She was 5 when the Figis learned there was nothing more the hospital could do.
That's when Paige decided to try medical marijuana.
But finding two doctors to sign off on a medical marijuana card for Charlotte
was no easy feat. She was the youngest patient in the state ever to apply.

Meet The Children Who Rely On Marijuana To Survive
Quote:
Zaki is one of more than 180 Colorado children
currently being treated with a special strain of medical cannabis that’s
helping to combat their extreme seizures and other debilitating conditions.
The strain, known as “Charlotte’s Web,”
was developed by a group of brothers who run the Realm of Caring Foundation in Colorado Springs.
It is named for 7-year-old Charlotte Figi,
whose successful treatment was featured in Dr. Sanjay Gupta’s CNN documentary “Weed” last year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I’m not sure which is cuter: that you’re putting out a factoid everyone knows like it’s a shocking revelation, or the fact that you’re the only person here who actually knows it’s true from personal experience.

I posted it so some smart (Y) would have something cute to say.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Those were the days . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Hardly the first time.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

PNWlakers wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
ani007 wrote:

Yeah, still a huge lack of awareness about the various forms. Now that it is legal in this state, I have heard a number of people talking about how they tried CBD products but didn't feel any euphoric effects - as if rubbing CBD balm into you ankle or eating CBD cookies is going to get you high.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Hardly the first time.

Smart (Y) #2

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

it got crazy there for a while...thieves would steal a pickup truck and smash through the wall of the pharmacy
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

it got crazy there for a while...thieves would steal a pickup truck and smash through the wall of the pharmacy

Which Uncle was that?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Which Uncle was that?

a friends uncle... his father was in jail for counterfeiting ten dollar bill$. The people you meet at a catholic school
we (about 5 or 6 guys) rolled a Big Bambu with 2 ounces and we were half way through smoking it in his basement when his grandmother came to the top of the stairs and yelled 'put that thing out and save it for me and your uncle'

A couple of weeks later we went to pick him up and his uncle shot at us with a .22 rifle...hit the seat right next to me...Audi got his own rides after that
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Which Uncle was that?

a friends uncle... his father was in jail for counterfeiting ten dollar bill$. The people you meet at a catholic school
we (about 5 or 6 guys) rolled a Big Bambu with 2 ounces and we were half way through smoking it in his basement when his grandmother came to the top of the stairs and yelled 'put that thing out and save it for me and your uncle'

A couple of weeks later we went to pick him up and his uncle shot at us with a .22 rifle...hit the seat right next to me...Audi got his own rides after that

The same for one of my buddies back in the day.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

VicX, Trey, and jodeke need their own podcast

rock, stoned, and stone age
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: