jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
ocho wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I am a TLJ fan and I hope Abrams doesn't retcon the retcon, especially re: Rey.

Dude where were you in the TLJ thread where I was standing alone taking both barrels of the dudebro AT-AT for loving that movie?

I'll never understand the hate for TLJ, especially in a world where "The Clone Wars" exists. Its not without its faults but Its my favorite Star Wars movie. My biggest gripe is the utter waste of Captain Phasma. Gwendoline Christie deserved so much better, but at least she got paid.

I dont really know how to feel about this last movie, JJ Abrams is....eh.. But Im positive all the people who didnt care for TLJ will be satisfied.

Also, Shout out to ""Solo", I actually enjoyed that movie, way better than "Rogue One".

seconded @ Solo. That movie got shat on in the press, as well as by most people so it killed my anticipation. Ended up watching it at the movies expecting less than zero but I actually thought it was the best Disney McStar Wars movie produced yet.

Really? To me the guy that played Han Solo was t-t-t-t-t-t-terrible. He just couldn't pull off the swashbuckling swag of Harrison Ford. It was unwatchable.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
ocho wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I am a TLJ fan and I hope Abrams doesn't retcon the retcon, especially re: Rey.

Dude where were you in the TLJ thread where I was standing alone taking both barrels of the dudebro AT-AT for loving that movie?

I'll never understand the hate for TLJ, especially in a world where "The Clone Wars" exists. Its not without its faults but Its my favorite Star Wars movie. My biggest gripe is the utter waste of Captain Phasma. Gwendoline Christie deserved so much better, but at least she got paid.

I dont really know how to feel about this last movie, JJ Abrams is....eh.. But Im positive all the people who didnt care for TLJ will be satisfied.

Also, Shout out to ""Solo", I actually enjoyed that movie, way better than "Rogue One".

seconded @ Solo. That movie got shat on in the press, as well as by most people so it killed my anticipation. Ended up watching it at the movies expecting less than zero but I actually thought it was the best Disney McStar Wars movie produced yet.

Really? To me the guy that played Han Solo was t-t-t-t-t-t-terrible. He just couldn't pull off the swashbuckling swag of Harrison Ford. It was unwatchable.

agree @ the actor was bad, but it turned out that he didn't absolutely ruin it for me, and as for Solo as the cream of the crop, I'm speaking in relative terms re: Disney Star Wars
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

I also enjoyed Solo but admittedly went into it with extremely low expectations. The lead does a good job of impersonating Ford's Solo but can't actually act, and it shows. Now do I think Solo was a good movie? No. But it was enjoyable, it knew what it was and didn't try to be something deeper.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

I didn't think much of Solo. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but just kinda unnecessary. I guess if you're jonesin for anything Star Wars it'll do but just kinda meh. Rogue One is the best thing to come out of Disney's Star Wars.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

The movie Solo was garbage (quite possibly the worst Star Wars movie ever). This trailer has me hyped though!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I REALLY liked The Force Awakens (even with the lazy plot copied from A New Hope). It's a great introduction to the SW universe and I really liked the new characters (Rey, Finn and Poe). It introduced really cool elements and plots: who is Rey? Who is Snoke and the Knights of Ren? Why has Kylo Ren turned to the dark side? Why has the New Republic failed? Where is Luke Skywalker?

Kylo Ren killing Han Solo was GREAT. Showed he's a true VILLAIN. Solo's death served the story that was being told. No problem here for me.

And that's why I don't like The Last Jedi. It failed to follow almost every single plot line introduced in The Force Awakens, while not giving plausible explanations to do so. Snoke? He's nobody. Knights of Ren? Nothing. Who is Rey? Nada.
The New Republic (the "Rebels") is reduced to a group of a dozen. Is there anybody out there?

It just took the story and turned into a mess. To me, TLJ couldn't introduce new plot elements to replace the ones it destroyed. The story don't move to any direction. The Canto Bight sequence was a total waste of time. Added absolutely nothing to the story.

And Rian Johnson almost crap on the entire franchise by killing Luke Skywalker, specially knowing that Carrie Fisher was dead. Those movies are the story of the Skywalker saga, him liking it or not.

Leia flying after getting exploded was pathetic. Just pathetic.
And the comedy... Don't even get me started. Ridiculous. Just ruining the mood every single time. We waited 2 years to see Luke receiving his lightsaber. And he throws it away. (bleep) me.

The criticism regarding TLJ being a "social justice warrior" movie is total (bleep). It's 2019, better get used to seeing black people and women on the screen. Go (bleep) yourself if you think that's a problem.

I really liked the reason why Luke attacked Kylo Ren when he was a child, and why Luke felt scared, embarassed about it and chose to go away. That was very very cool and a plausible reason why the Jedi Order wasn't rebuilt.

It seems like Disney realized those movies are about the Skywalker family and will tie all the knots. I'm excited about it. Really hope that JJ can give this amazing story a deserving end.

Solo and Rogue One (specially R1) are great, self contained Star Wars movies. Nothing shaking the core of the universe, but very cool and entertaining stories, with the right mood and fitting the chronology.

Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

new footage

(actually some rather old footage with new footage at the end)
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

That guy playing Han Solo looks like a young Harrison Ford!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Okay, I'll give it a shot. Is Disney really fooling me if I know I'm getting fooled?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
new footage

(actually some rather old footage with new footage at the end)

The first 47 seconds of this were stunning. The rest can be skipped.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject:

Much preferred Rogue One to any Star Wars movies since the Last Jedi. Don't get me wrong, the Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Solo, they were worth ten bucks and an excuse to eat a bucket of popcorn. But as far as great sci-Fi art, Rogue was really the best work they have done in 30 years on the big-screen, just my opinion.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie since Empire. It's among the best 3, IMO.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

I agree and that basically dragged until the third act. I think everyone, except Kathleen Kennedy, realizes these movies aren't good. The excuses for them are even more insulting: sexist fanboys, oversaturation when Marvel pumps out 3 a year with no blowback (poor Solo, if only it had a Christmas release...). In other words, blame the fans.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I didn't like Rogue One that much. I only have it above the prequels. I just didn't care about the characters.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

^^ fair enough, we all like something different and Force awakens did bring Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Final Trailer
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

i absolutely hate the new trilogy. I wanted to see a new Jedi council, what happened to the jedi temple on coruscant?, I wanted to see the republic restored again, and i wanted luke to be more like a leader like yoda instead of just a whiny character. but we saw 5 straight films of the jedi on the brink of extinction. they just keep hashing and rehashing the same old story line and throw in a couple of unexpected deaths of main characters and you end up with complete unfiltered ass of a film.

and why change the main character from a boy to a girl. the films has always been a father/son redemption story. where does Rey fit in all this mess. shes a nobody.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and why change the main character from a boy to a girl.

#FilmAnalysis
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I agree and that basically dragged until the third act. I think everyone, except Kathleen Kennedy, realizes these movies aren't good. The excuses for them are even more insulting: sexist fanboys, oversaturation when Marvel pumps out 3 a year with no blowback (poor Solo, if only it had a Christmas release...). In other words, blame the fans.

999 wrote:
i absolutely hate the new trilogy. I wanted to see a new Jedi council, what happened to the jedi temple on coruscant?, I wanted to see the republic restored again, and i wanted luke to be more like a leader like yoda instead of just a whiny character. but we saw 5 straight films of the jedi on the brink of extinction. they just keep hashing and rehashing the same old story line and throw in a couple of unexpected deaths of main characters and you end up with complete unfiltered ass of a film.

and why change the main character from a boy to a girl. the films has always been a father/son redemption story. where does Rey fit in all this mess. shes a nobody.

I'm not sayin' . . . I'm just sayin'.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

999 wrote:

After experiencing the discussions surrounding The Last Jedi, there’s something actually refreshing about “I wanted to see a boy hold the laser sword.” At least they’re being real and not dancing around it.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

It's a practice that parasitically subsists off of Hollywood's waning creativity. Can't write a decent screenplay? (bleep) it, just ride the current social dogma and if met with blowback, blame your own customer base. Politics aren't the issue. The far greater affront here is that ever since Disney bought the Star Wars machine, they have been consistently churning out the very essence of mediocrity (with the exception of both spinoffs).
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Stealing a quote from a friend that is a Sci-Fi writer that sums up my feelings on the trailer and the franchise at this point:

Oh, man.

If you never loved Star Wars, whatever. Get on with your life.

If you loved Star Wars once and don't now, I feel sorry for you. I've been waiting 42 years for this.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

999 wrote:

After experiencing the discussions surrounding The Last Jedi, there’s something actually refreshing about “I wanted to see a boy hold the laser sword.” At least they’re being real and not dancing around it.

That applies to so many things these days.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: