RIP Nipsey Hussle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
LKA wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
at least now airline passengers can fly in peace

https://i.imgur.com/ZsWvckH.jpg

You’re a clown

Seriously. Always felt some thinly veiled racism from him

Why? What did he do to give you that feeling?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
why can't neighbors be brothers

Wealthiest man I knew said he wants everyone to prosper and I watched him benefit others knowing it all comes back to him

My childhood was filled with some hardcore Rap that somewhat infected.. yes infected my head. Sure I could have changed the channel but the rage and power and beats were something I identified with..

but they rapped about
killing cops
killing other brothers
running trains on prostitutes
etc
Unknowingly .. Fertilizing the minds of those who also think that way. Feeding steak to the rabid...

One of the raps I do sincerely respect is Dear Mama

how far back are we talking about? because a lot of that rap also did not promote it. it spoke on it like a movie. there's a huge difference.

a lot of that original NWA stuff Pre breakup. was a picture being painted in first person. Eazy E was a real life drug dealer semi gangster. cube was not. to my knowledge, ren wasnt, to my knowledge, dr dre was not. They spoke on the scenes they saw and talked about them in first person as if they were doing it. when in reality most of it is what they were seeing. Eazy didnt write raps Ren and Cube wrote them for him. so whatever you heard him say it was their vision, whatever they saw happening in the hood or where they were from.

People confuse me talking about people getting shot up as me promoting people getting shot up. no, i'm telling you...people are getting shot up. the same way I'm telling you these hood cops are crooked and stopping people just because they are black and brown even when they are innocent. if i talk about certain TYPES of women and call them horrible names(it is horrible), I'm doing so to shed a light on the type of women that are also around these type of bad guys who do bad things stuck in this bad neighborhood that was setup to be bad by racism and white supremacy.

When these rappers would talk about being in gangs, they talked about the fun times. everyone being together, hanging out as young 20 somethings or young teens, with all the freedom in the world. doing what they wanted to do. which anyone could agree with the idea. it would feel like freedom. no one telling you when to go to bed, when to wake up, when to do homework, when to go to work, etc. But they also told you about how they earned their money(selling drugs, robbing banks, robbing people, etc.) they talked about how great they felt when the money was rolling in and they could splurge on all sorts of big items (rims, clothes, etc.)

Then they would tell you how when the cops rolled up on them and they got arrested and had to do a 10 year bid or if they killed someone how they had to do 25 with a L(life in prison). or how it was their 3rd strike(three strikes law). and how that made them go back to 0 with all the fun stuff they had and were doing. They talked about how they hated jail and how they were treated in jail by the Co's, and the other inmates. How they didnt get phone calls from the people they thought had their backs or the girl they thought loved them. and how she now has moved on to your so called best friend thats still on the outside and you can't do nothing about it due to the decisions you previously made. They talked about constantly going to funerals for friends and family. and how they were paranoid about dying one day from the same fate.

They talked about having single mothers. They talked about their mothers and fathers being drug addicts or alcoholics, or witnessing domestic violence in the home. They talked about being so broke they shared their siblings clothes and were 4 to 5 deep in one room growing up. Which is some of their reasoning for choosing a life of crime since trying to get a job at Mcdonalds was futile most times since they were black men and if they did get hired McD's doesnt pay well enough to cover rent.

All those things were in those songs /in those albums from various artists. sure there were a couple of artists who just glorified the worse things and never put things into real life perspective. but for the most part that was not the case for most of those street/gangsta/thug rappers back in the 80's, 90's.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
who

In the man's own words

Great read.
yep. solid read. They need to just read that at the service today.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

WTF splash.. props on what you wrote up there

It was Ren cube Dre
Too short
2 live crew
Eazy E

So what crossed my mind when I finished reading was

Knowing nothing in life but to be legit

I know it is a poetry of the confines of their environment and maybe it didn't have the effect
I assume it did on the large

(bleep) the police
Coming straight from the underground
Young (bleep) got it bad cause I'm brown
I'm not the other color
So police think the have the authority to kill a minority

Hard to lie and say I don't see their words as truth
Of the hell of their hoods

I was about 17 when NWA arrived
I thought one of the coolest lines to remember was from the bank robbery

I got a shotgun and here's the plot
Taking (bleep) out with the flurry of gunshots
Boom boom boom
Ya I was gunning
Then you look all you see is
(bleep) running and falling and yelling and pushing and screaming and cussing

They made it sound humorous and funny while the shot and killed everyone
^^Similar to the mosque shooter in NZ??

I also was rocking
Beastie Boys
Was just a kid when Me and my horsie and a quart of beer hit

All Rappers could do the world a service by building raps
That are a disclaimer
A vow that they are the reporters and biographers of the street
Not promoters of violence and felony activities

Rap about peace and love for your brother
Not how fun it was to shoot them
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

Funeral services started today Staple Center 10:00am. Arena full. Security very tight.

Nipsey Hussle memorial draws fans to Staples Center: ‘This hurt a lot of people’

LINK

Quote:
The only other time the 21,000-seat venue was used to memorialize an entertainer was in 2009, when Michael Jackson died.

Hussle’s family is asking those in attendance to act respectfully, as they don’t want a repeat of the violence at last week’s vigil, where reports of a gunman prompted a stampede that injured 19 people.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Funeral services started today Staple Center 10:00am. Arena full. Security very tight.

Nipsey Hussle memorial draws fans to Staples Center: ‘This hurt a lot of people’

LINK

Quote:
The only other time the 21,000-seat venue was used to memorialize an entertainer was in 2009, when Michael Jackson died.

Hussle’s family is asking those in attendance to act respectfully, as they don’t want a repeat of the violence at last week’s vigil, where reports of a gunman prompted a stampede that injured 19 people.

I send my highest kindness and regards for peace and a continuance of this mans Love for this brethren to go forward in the hearts of all who know of him

Thank you to those willing to pay their respects peacefully.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Nipsey Hussle service preempting regularly scheduled programs on CBS2, NBC4, ABC7, KTTV11.

Barack Obama Wrote A Letter Paying Tribute To Nipsey Hussle

LINK

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
WTF splash.. props on what you wrote up there

It was Ren cube Dre
Too short
2 live crew
Eazy E

So what crossed my mind when I finished reading was

Knowing nothing in life but to be legit

I know it is a poetry of the confines of their environment and maybe it didn't have the effect
I assume it did on the large

(bleep) the police
Coming straight from the underground
Young (bleep) got it bad cause I'm brown
I'm not the other color
So police think the have the authority to kill a minority

Hard to lie and say I don't see their words as truth
Of the hell of their hoods

I was about 17 when NWA arrived
I thought one of the coolest lines to remember was from the bank robbery

I got a shotgun and here's the plot
Taking (bleep) out with the flurry of gunshots
Boom boom boom
Ya I was gunning
Then you look all you see is
(bleep) running and falling and yelling and pushing and screaming and cussing

They made it sound humorous and funny while the shot and killed everyone
^^Similar to the mosque shooter in NZ??

I also was rocking
Beastie Boys
Was just a kid when Me and my horsie and a quart of beer hit

All Rappers could do the world a service by building raps
That are a disclaimer
A vow that they are the reporters and biographers of the street
Not promoters of violence and felony activities

Rap about peace and love for your brother
Not how fun it was to shoot them

did you read what nipsey said in that article that was posted? read what he says about west coast rappers that he grew up on. maybe you just saw it different. there was nothing funny about it to me. because i lived in those areas. sure there were times Cube tried to make some parts funny to laugh at but you knew it was real. That once upon a time in the projects was hilarious. but it was a REAL story. i know this because I had friends who experience it. thats why i stayed my a... out of the Pj'z when it came to girls back then. I already knew. An associate of mine that i met in college got shot up doing just that heading to a girls house in the Pj'z and he wasnt a thug nor a gang member. no thanks. if you listen to that song and listened good you woud have heeded the warning. Do not mess with any ladies from the Pj's unless you already live there. sorry pj ladies. lol.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nipsey Hussle service preempting regularly scheduled programs on CBS2, NBC4, ABC7, KTTV11.

LINK

Jo, think about this. that clown who shot him if it truly was pure jealousy which we all think it was. how does he feel now?

you tried to get rid of someone because you were jealous he had something you didnt. if i can't have it, you can't have it. but look at what you did you idiot. he's now immortalized. The last man to be in staples in his death was MJ. The ex president is writing letters to you. everyone has something great to say about you. half the country is mourning your death. you just help elevate him to 2 pac status you idiot. and he's sitting up in jail waiting on that idiot chris to find some loophole to get him less time or get him out. i know darn well if he could do it over again he would've taken his a... back home to eat his hamburger they said he got from around the corner before it all went bad.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Jo, think about this. that clown who shot him if it truly was pure jealousy which we all think it was. how does he feel now?

you tried to get rid of someone because you were jealous he had something you didnt. if i can't have it, you can't have it. but look at what you did you idiot. he's now immortalized. The last man to be in staples in his death was MJ. The ex president is writing letters to you. everyone has something great to say about you. half the country is mourning your death. you just help elevate him to 2 pac status you idiot. and he's sitting up in jail waiting on that idiot chris to find some loophole to get him less time or get him out. i know darn well if he could do it over again he would've taken his a... back home to eat his hamburger they said he got from around the corner before it all went bad.

Chris Darden and his family are feeling the wrath for his committing to defending Eric Holder. He's no Johnnie Cochran. Holder's going to prison.

When Holder goes to prison he'll not be housed in the general population. He's in isolation in a LA County jail awaiting trial. If he's put in GP it will be like a death sentence.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/nipsey-hussle-funeral-live-stream-memorial-service-staples-center-los-angeles-california-today/
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

He won't last long in prison.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: