Lakers coaching staff to be fired following game..?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

DMAULS wrote:
Luke has had the same issues for 3 consecutive years. Roster turn-over and injuries have nothing to do with having an actual system installed. The team continues to be a 1-action offense that resorts to iso ball when they don't get the intended match-up.

His in-game decision making (sub patterns, leaving players on court too long, on bench too long, etc) have been the same over those same 3 years. If you're just going to replace his staff to do everything, you might as well get a new coach

DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I'm actually cool with Luke staying

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
danzag wrote:
Yup. Give him a squad and see what he can do. This one wasn't it.
exactly. give my boy luke a real shot. not a bunch of injured kids and hurt bron and hurt rondo. give him two superstars and a healthy or relatively healthy squad. i guarantee you he will do no worse than 4th seed and probably 2nd or 3rd.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
danzag wrote:
exactly. give my boy luke a real shot. not a bunch of injured kids and hurt bron and hurt rondo. give him two superstars and a healthy or relatively healthy squad. i guarantee you he will do no worse than 4th seed and probably 2nd or 3rd.
Not this squad healthy or not. The holes were obvious since jump.
DMAULS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

No active NBA coach who has been in their position for at least 1 year has worse talent offensive optimization data than Luke Walton.

Zero years of optimizing offensive talent above the 25th percentile.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
danzag wrote:
Not this squad healthy or not. The holes were obvious since jump.
the holes were obvious AND...this team was never going to do anything but make the playoffs and get beat. we never had enough fire power because we had space for stars. that was always the plan. people got excited and forgot the real plan. this year was never it. with a healthier team we would've made the playoffs, thats a fact. period. thats not on luke. thats not on magic and pelinka. the roster didnt have shooters. but the shooters that were available either cost way more than we were willing to pay or they couuld only shoot and not do anything else well. thats why no one ever names names when they talk about how we should've gotten shooters. they talk about it like its some foregone conclusion that all shooters are great shooters that are 3 and d guys. not true.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

DMAULS wrote:
Luke has had the same issues for 3 consecutive years. Roster turn-over and injuries have nothing to do with having an actual system installed. The team continues to be a 1-action offense that resorts to iso ball when they don't get the intended match-up.

His in-game decision making (sub patterns, leaving players on court too long, on bench too long, etc) have been the same over those same 3 years. If you're just going to replace his staff to do everything, you might as well get a new coach.

Phil was successful because he was able to motivate players and manage personalities. If a head coach can do those two things well quality assistants can fill the gaps.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

NO even though he was not the reason the Lakers failed, I believe he's not ready to work the psychology of veteran star players. Like I said before he'd make a heck of a college coach.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
DMAULS wrote:

His in-game decision making (sub patterns, leaving players on court too long, on bench too long, etc) have been the same over those same 3 years. If you're just going to replace his staff to do everything, you might as well get a new coach

scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject:

Team could go the route of hiring a some one to be both coach and GM but we need some one there with experience.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject:

I am utterly flabbergasted that some posters still want to keep luke

Is it a sunk cost fallacy thing? Why give him yet another shot?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: