*Official* Tank Thread 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

We went from a 36% to 29% chance at a top 4 player to a 9% chance

We cut our chances at the best NBA prospect in 15 years by 75%

I understand that you want the young players to do well. That makes perfect sense... you play hard for 45 minutes then lose at the end.

Winning is meaningless once you are eliminated from the playoffs

Do you think it's bad sportsmanship or immoral when Popovich or Kerr rest their players at the end of the season?

I watched every game and rooted for them to win until they were virtually eliminated from making the playoffs.

At that point I wanted them to lose because we could have had a 36% chance at a top 4 pick.

Instead we won when it no longer mattered.

This is like rooting for tacos after you've been eliminated from the playoffs... except you don't get any tacos and we all but destroyed our odds to get Zion or a top 4 pick.

I'm happy the kids got run at the end... but what about all those pointless wins with LBJ and the rentals?

This whole season was a bitter disappointment
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lakid wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:
From top 10 to 13/14, Bol Bol mania in LA in 2019/20!

I've never hated a Laker team more than I hate this team. The Klutch sports takeover along with the incompetence of Maginka have killed the joy of being a laker fan for me.
This is not the 90's, in today's NBA you build dynasties internally through draft picks and smart acquisitions not by leveraging your whole roster for a few big name free agents
Magic has no idea what it takes to build a winner in today's NBA, Lebron is a cancer, and Jeannie is just an emotional stardust with no leadership skills. This organization is completely F'd under their leadership

Then just go away and stop posting...don't need your negativity here...cry and moan with your friends..you bring absolutely nothing to the table.

Who designated you the moral authority here? I'll post what I want and you can do the same. From what I see you don't bring much to the table yourself so stick to your own posts and keep the board policing to the moderators
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

I understand that you want the young players to do well. That makes perfect sense... you play hard for 45 minutes then lose at the end.

Do you think it's bad sportsmanship or immoral when Popovich or Kerr rest their players at the end of the season?

I watched every game and rooted for them to win until they were virtually eliminated from making the playoffs.

At that point I wanted them to lose because we could have had a 36% chance at a top 4 pick.

This is like rooting for tacos after you've been eliminated from the playoffs... except you don't get any tacos and we all but destroyed our odds to get Zion or a top 4 pick.

I'm happy the kids got run at the end... but what about all those pointless wins with LBJ and the rentals?

You are yelling at clouds, they are playing g-league players and backups. They could field a team of random fans volunteering at Staples and people would blame the FO for even playing the game....
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

You are yelling at clouds, they are playing g-league players and backups. They could field a team of random fans volunteering at Staples and people would blame the FO for even playing the game....

Did u miss the games where rondo is playing 40mins and kcp/McGee r playing 38/40mins?

Bonga/Wagner should be getting more mins and Lebron should have been shutdown earlier

This is what happens when u have clown like Pelinka running the show and concentrating more on agent favors then actual basketball
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

The damage was done by the time we got to fielding G-leaguers.

I'm not yelling at clouds... unless by clouds you mean people who still don't get that we should have lost.

People keep posting platitudes about sportsmanship in a league where the competition isn't following the same rules.

I accept what happened, and will now hope we choose a sleeper pick who pans out nicely.

Maybe we select a Bol Bol who surprises everyone and becomes a star.

But we should have gone for Zion.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

they took waaaay too long to shut Lebron down. It didnt take a genius to know we were missing the playoffs after ASB that was perfect time to do so.
And now that we shut down players the FO clearly has not spoken on Luke to get him into the tank because he's still doing all he can to squeak out wins. If the plan is to fire Luke then do it at ASB and put in true tank commander. If the plan is to keep Luke then you tell him your job is safe but you need to tank these last games.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
they took waaaay too long to shut Lebron down. It didnt take a genius to know we were missing the playoffs after ASB that was perfect time to do so. And now that we shut down players the FO clearly has not spoken on Luke to get him into the tank because he's still doing all he can to squeak out wins. If the plan is to fire Luke then do it at ASB and put in true tank commander. If the plan is to keep Luke then you tell him your job is safe but you need to tank these last games.

Rarely do you see organizations rampant with backstabbing succeed. It feels like there is a lot of back stabbing going on and imo none of the top tier Max FAs want anything to do with that type of environment/culture and I don’t blame them.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Poison pill and one day Magic is going to find investors to make offers to buy the Lakers.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

I don't know if it's that big of a deal....our odds for getting Zion were always pretty low. Sure we had a more than decent chance to pick in the 8ish range or so, but based on scouting reports 8-11 it's a bit of a guess.

Another way to look at it is our team almost went to 40 wins while ending the season severely depleted. Is it to far a stretch to think a FA might see that and see with health and their addition the team can be right there....plus we have assets in hand, good young players, etc.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I don't know if it's that big of a deal....our odds for getting Zion were always pretty low. Sure we had a more than decent chance to pick in the 8ish range or so, but based on scouting reports 8-11 it's a bit of a guess.

Another way to look at it is our team almost went to 40 wins while ending the season severely depleted. Is it to far a stretch to think a FA might see that and see with health and their addition the team can be right there....plus we have assets in hand, good young players, etc.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom

You've never bought a lotto ticket in your life?

Or laid down a bet for four numbers at roulette?

If you look at a roulette wheel we went from having four numbers on the wheel to only one

Yeah, it's not something I was counting on... but the top 4 was very possible. Still possible... but cut to 25% of what it was before.

I get what some of you are saying about the absurdity of losing out and making a farce of the game.

But I don't think it's a coincidence that the other teams managed to stay bunched at the bottom either.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

So guys am I right that the way we end up finishing at the 10th spot is if we lose against the Blazers and the Wolves win against the Raptors and Nuggets?
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm not yelling at clouds... unless by clouds you mean people who still don't get that we should have lost.

People keep posting platitudes about sportsmanship in a league where the competition isn't following the same rules.

I accept what happened, and will now hope we choose a sleeper pick who pans out nicely.

Hindsight will always be 20/20; you can talk about the "damage already being done" in a small window where half the team was already injured and losing just fine, but that is the hindsight speaking.

BUT that was weeks ago.... and the post I quoted was YESTERDAY. Your argument is a red herring; that perceived "36% chance" you latched onto IS a cloud , because it would include the last 10 games and 6-4 record put up by our g-league players.

Beyond Zion, wringing our hands about the top 4 versus top 12 is a waste of time... this draft is nothing to freak out about. IMO, identifying Caruso as an asset has been very valuable.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Hindsight will always be 20/20; you can talk about the "damage already being done" in a small window where half the team was already injured and losing just fine, but that is the hindsight speaking.

BUT that was weeks ago.... and the post I quoted was YESTERDAY. Your argument is a red herring; that perceived "36% chance" you latched onto IS a cloud , because it would include the last 10 games and 6-4 record put up by our g-league players.

Beyond Zion, wringing our hands about the top 4 versus top 12 is a waste of time... this draft is nothing to freak out about. IMO, identifying Caruso as an asset has been very valuable.

I identified Caruso as an asset during summer league two years ago.

I'm glad the team figured it out, but most of us who watch all the games already knew.

What's done is done... I've already moved on... but we were in the driver's seat to fall to 6th through 9th in the draft and we decided to win games that we shouldn't.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I'm glad the team figured it out, but most of us who watch all the games already knew.

What's done is done... I've already moved on... but we were in the driver's seat to fall to 6th through 9th in the draft and we decided to win games that we shouldn't.

Yes, it was you and not Magic and Pelinka that signed Caruso and Williams to that 2-way contract that they’ve clearly outplayed. 😝
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Yes, it was you and not Magic and Pelinka that signed Caruso and Williams to that 2-way contract that they’ve clearly outplayed. 😝

If they played them when the team started sputtering, you could credit them for having some vision.

Playing because of injury attrition isn't an accomplishment.

See also how they handled, Zubac, Mo, Svi, Bryant.

Anyone can give someone a chance because half the team is gone... it's subbing them in over the vets when the playoffs were at stake that would have led me to give them credit.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

THIS. THIS. THIS.

How can anyone even argue that winning would be a good thing for us when our season was over already. It makes ZERO sense to win and "build culture", give minutes to vets/guys who will NOT be here next year. All we did was shoot ourselves in the foot even more by winning these games reducing our odds of getting a top pick.

The only thing I can think of as to why they gave so many minutes to the vets is it was courtesy thing to allow them to showcase/stat pad for a new contract with other teams.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

We are sitting James, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Stephenson, Hart and Rondo... While playing Caruso, Williams, Wagner, Jones, Muscala, KCP significant minutes.

Yet people are (bleep) and whining about winning games and blah blah blah.

Just shut the (bleep) up, FFS. What do you want those guys to do, miss shots on purpose?
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
We are sitting James, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Stephenson, Hart and Rondo... While playing Caruso, Williams, Wagner, Jones, Muscala, KCP significant minutes.

Just shut the (bleep) up, FFS. What do you want those guys to do, miss shots on purpose?
FFS use your damn head and understand why it would make more sense for us to lose. That's what we're complaining about, FFS.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
danzag wrote:

FFS use your damn head and understand why it would make more sense for us to lose. That's what we're complaining about, FFS.

Exactly... in the words of the great Yoda

Do, or do not... there is no try.

We didn't get in the playoffs

We didn't get an ideal lotto position.

We only tried.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

We will trade the pick unless is the no.1, so guys relax....
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping this thread would be gone by now.
And sure hope it will gone by next year this time.

I guess it is hard to loose old habits.
Some fans just live to tank.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Seeing as how Zion is going #1 that math is way off. Also, the Lakers were never going to end up with the #6 pick unless you expected them to lose every game when they still had to play several teams worse than them.

Last edited by Practice on Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Did u miss the games where rondo is playing 40mins and kcp/McGee r playing 38/40mins?

Bonga/Wagner should be getting more mins and Lebron should have been shutdown earlier

This is what happens when u have clown like Pelinka running the show and concentrating more on agent favors then actual basketball

Rondo is terrible and those other vets haven't been good untill like this past week so playing them isn't exactly winning basketball moves.

Given how the league treats the Lakers they would probably try to take away out pick if we rested everyone. Also, you have to remember the human element and the fact that these guys are playing for contracts. Players remember that stuff.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Seeing as how Zion is going #1 that math is way off.

The best case scenario would have been 9%

More realistic was 7%

We are now at 2%.

Math seems not far off to me.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Practice wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Seeing as how Zion is going #1 that math is way off.

The best case scenario would have been 9%

More realistic was 7%

We are now at 2%.

Math seems not far off to me.

The "best case" wasn't realistic at all and you can't say the team went from a 9% chance to a 2% chance when the team was never that low.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67
Jump to: