View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Quote:
I think the problem with this is that the rule, whichever it is, isn’t being equally applied. We’ll say a christian baker should service a gay wedding, but a secular business can choose not to service an anti-gay customer.

Who is your "we" in this "we'll say" scenario of yours?

Sorry for the delay, I know it's been a minute since your response. I meant that however one feels we should handle these types of situations. And however one feels, there is no way to apply the feeling equally in such a way that all parties will be satisfied.

If you allow businesses to discriminate based on factors like religious beliefs or ethnicity, then you will get people who are discriminated against based on those factors.

If you forbid businesses from discriminating based on factors like religious beliefs or ethnicity, then, you might be required to do business with an entity whose beliefs you aren't comfortable with.

To me, for clarity, whether we're talking about a government entity, corporation, small business, or end user consumer, however it is decided, I think it should be the same. For me it doesn't matter if we're talking about a gay person walking into a Christian bakery or a Muslim owned business trying to work out a deal with another business but one that is secular.

Last edited by ringfinger on Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
best chick fil-a dipping sauces

1.) chick-fil-a
2.) polynesian
3.) sriracha
4.) honey mustard

best sandwich: spicy deluxe with pepperjack cheese

come for the evangelical homophobia, stay for the pickled chicken

It's weird that Chick-fil-a won't go for chick-with-chick when chick is right in their own name.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: